[NEW Aliens: Eradication ] -Aliens: The Ultimate Doom Thread

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [NEW Aliens: Eradication ] -Aliens: The Ultimate Doom Th

Postby Payload4367 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:04 pm

The ERADICATION map set is mostly designed for single player, but I do plan on looking into co-op for it when everything else is done. I haven't tried it yet, but you may be able to use the pk3 mod (the file that comes with the map set) with other wads that support co-op.
Payload4367

Postby Sevrei » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:44 am

Is it possible to play via GZDoom on Android? I've tried multiple ways but haven't had any success.
Sevrei

Postby eadzon64 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:19 am

for me it's possible with Delta touch gzdoom source port
but there you need gles 3.2 and gzdoom dev
eadzon64

Postby Sevrei » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Edit: Thanks. I've installed Delta Touch and configured gles 3.2 and GZDoom dev. Eradication plays a bit sluggish for my Huawei P20 Mate but fun
Sevrei

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Great Play-though that demonstrates the whole mod.
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby Kontra Kommando » Sat May 02, 2020 1:39 pm

Payload has posted the full-version release of Aliens: Eradication on Moddb:

https://www.moddb.com/company/acheron-a ... radication
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby Payload4367 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:55 pm

ALIENS: ERADICATION RC2

DOWNLOAD (mod and mapset in zip): https://www.moddb.com/members/payload43 ... rc2-update

TRAILER:

Changes from RC1 to RC2 (Graphics, weapon, alt fires, etc.)

Improvements, fixes and additions based on feedback from the modding community (See below).

-Alien BLOOD/ACID COLOR is a dull yellowish/green instead of neon green which is used for the Predator.
-MOTION TRACKER signals are no longer color coded for individual actors and are now represented by simple white dots. Facehugger warning has been removed.
-MOTION TRACKER audio is closer to the movie audio.
-Under water counter for remaining oxygen added to hud.
-FLAMETHROWER prevented from firing under water.
-Various sound improvements.
-KNIFE added to starting weapons (except the Colonist, who must find it).
-PISTOL no longer has infinite ammo.
-PISTOL can be switched from FULL AUTO to SEMI AUTO for Yutani-Operative and Synthetic classes.
-FLAMETHROWER fire rips through multiple enemies.
-FLAMETHROWER has alternate fire which tosses a fuel canister that can be detonated when shot. It can be picked up again and the fuel added back to your inventory.
-SHOTGUN now has proper frames when reloading.
-Player dismounts the POWERLOADER when changing weapons. You can get back in it.
-Player's view height raises when using the POWERLOADER.
-FLARES can be thrown at any angle with mouse look and leave behind a burnt out flare when expired.
-Various sprite improvements.
-TRACER FIRE speed increased for all weapons.
-Map 7 now has a timer until exit lift arrives for the Yutani Class.
-Various other map fixes.

Extra Credits for RC2: Zikshadow - Added combat knife
- Added under water counter
- Sprite fixes (shotgun, satchel charge, pulse rifle, iron sites, Bonus med kit, motion tracker, and more)
- Decorate (flamethrower, pulse rifle, power loader, weapon tracers, motion tracker, and more)
- SNDINFO (modified footsteps)
- Playtesting.
Last edited by Payload4367 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Payload4367

Postby Valken » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:28 am

Looking forward to this! Thanks for the updates!
Valken

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Gamerwarrior117

Postby Payload4367 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Gamerwarrior117 wrote:i downlaoded the mod. great work. But, i get these errors.

Hmmm. I've tested it with GZDoom 4.4.2. What version are you using? Also, make sure you load the pk3 file first, then the wad in your load order. Hope this helps.
Payload4367

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:48 pm

Payload4367 wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:i downlaoded the mod. great work. But, i get these errors.

Hmmm. I've tested it with GZDoom 4.4.2. What version are you using? Also, make sure you load the pk3 file first, then the wad in your load order. Hope this helps.

im using the latest version of gzdoom from DRD Team Development. does it have it that version of 4.4.2?

its working now. i guess using certain launchers are not compatabile or didn't load right.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby karry299 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:14 am

For Alien Ultimate mod, how old does my GZdoom has to be ? The latest GZ runs the mod, but there are LOADS of loading errors and it doesnt quite feel like it works correctly.
Edit: right, in 3.0 it barely works. In 3.7 the flashlight can actually be turned on, but Q key still gives "unknown script" error.
karry299

Re: Acheron Productions: Aliens-Themed Doom Mods/Sharing Gro

Postby maratnugmanov » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:51 am

Kontra Kommando wrote:http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom/downloads/alien-trilogy-ud-beta-10/#6535631

I have released the 1.1 update to the mod.

I've reduced the speed of the xenomorphs

I also fixed a few other bugs and glitches.

Is this the last Aliens: The Ultimate Doom mod version? This doesn't play well with the current GZDoom, the flashlight is not working and Q button gives an error too. What I love about this version of mod is the music and the pace. I've tried Aliens: Eradication's pk3 but it's a bit of a mixed bag with Doom maps. I love aliens crawling above me though.

And couple of words for Eradication's RC2: maybe i'm that bad but i don't have enough ammo for the first map as a colonist at least.
maratnugmanov

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects