Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kontra Kommando

Re: ALIENS (TC) 2016 / Aliens: The Ultimate Doom Beta 9.2

Post by Kontra Kommando »

http://www.moddb.com/news/top-doom-mods

Wow! Aliens: The Ultimate Doom, considered to be one of the greatest Doom mods of all time, on Moddb.com
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Kontra Kommando wrote:http://www.moddb.com/news/top-doom-mods

Wow! Aliens: The Ultimate Doom, considered to be one of the greatest Doom mods of all time, on Moddb.com
And you are surprised? Well i'm not surprised at all. You put too much efforts into this mod to be unoticed. I said it before and i'll say it again. All your great efforts, hours of hard work redoing sprites and give originality to your mod is now rewarding you. I know you are not confortable with praise stuff but you deserve all of the praise and i really hope if the Cacoawards are still awarded that you will have your own nomination and be rewarded by winning one.

There is a tone of great mods for Doom and yours is surelly making its mark. Keep up the great work :D
Kontra Kommando

Thanks man, but the hard work of you and jdredalert, and the other contributors is duly noted as well.

I'm also happy that Deimos Anomaly's Aliens: Colonial Marines (TC) is there as well. I made a consciousness effort to create my mod to be markedly different from his, out of respect to his work. When I created my textures, I took a lot of inspiration from Alien: Isolation (which is mostly like the Nostromo.), in edition to emulating the actual sets from the first, second and third movies.
joricshattershield

Post by joricshattershield »

The Commando class turns invisible when shooting, and its walking and standing sprites are all wrong also. This makes multiplayer very annoying, so if you looked into it I would be very grateful.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

joricshattershield wrote:The Commando class turns invisible when shooting, and its walking and standing sprites are all wrong also. This makes multiplayer very annoying, so if you looked into it I would be very grateful.
As I recall Kontra Kommando once said that this mod is not co-op friendly yet because he concentrates his efforts for the single player gameplay. So solving multiplayer issues could be near the bottom of the list of his priorities right now.

However i'm sure he is concidering perfecting the multiplayers aspect of this mod when he will be satisfied with the single player aspect.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Hey KK, do you still have plans for Prometheus' Engineers sprites? I think it would be awesome to fight some of them as a mid-to-high tier enemies.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:Hey KK, do you still have plans for Prometheus' Engineers sprites? I think it would be awesome to fight some of them as a mid-to-high tier enemies.

I totally support that idea :D
XENOCIDE

Post by XENOCIDE »

jdredalert wrote:Hey KK, do you still have plans for Prometheus' Engineers sprites? I think it would be awesome to fight some of them as a mid-to-high tier enemies.
I'm really not into fighting Engineers maybe its just me. I felt like Ridley Scott kinda dropped the ball in terms of their design. They should have gotten H.R. Giger to do the creature design's or at the very least consulted him.

Anyway I found a bug/glitch whenever my monitor goes into sleep mode and I resume playing. The mod becomes unusually dark maybe a conflict with dark doom or my monitor?
XENOCIDE

Post by XENOCIDE »

One question that I have is what type of level design gameplay can we expect from Kontra Kommando's maps with this mod? My reason behind this question is the level design for doom can be pretty straight forward and their is no real strategy when I run out of ammo I just bolt and hope I find some. I think this mode can be taken to the next level if the player can decisively come up with a game plan. Think heavy security doors cutting of their access to you and if it can be done. Welding doors shut to slow down their progress and the aliens breaking it down after a certain amount of damage is done.
Last edited by XENOCIDE on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

XENOCIDE wrote:Anyway I found a bug/glitch whenever my monitor goes into sleep mode and I resume playing. The mod becomes unusually dark maybe a conflict with dark doom or my monitor?
Using a mod that makes everything darker in a mod that is already designed to be dark. You really like it dark do you :lol:

Kidding asides it's more likely to be you GPU drivers not recovering from the sleep mode of the monitor. I had a similar bug with my old ATI Radeon 9800. I had to disabled all energy saving options of my monitor to prevent that from happening again.

Windows usually set the default sleep mode time to 10 mins of inactivity. However it can be set to any number and even completely be disabled. In case you don't know how to do it it's not complicated.

The following steps are for Windows 7 but since Windows aren't that different from each others it still should be useful

Step 1 : Right-click anywhere on your desktop(not on any shortcuts obviously) to bring a menu
Step 2 : In the menu click on "Personalize" - it should be the last option at the bottom of the menu
Step 3 : Look at the very bottom right of the window and you will see an icon with the word "Screensaver" - click on it
Step 4 : A smaller window will appears - In that windows you will see the word "Screensaver" with a drop-down menu - select the "none" option in that menu
Step 5 : Noramlly it should be enough but for some reasons sometimes it's not so in the same window you will see "Change power settings" - click on it
Step 6 : In the new window that opened you will see 2 modes - Balanced and Power Saver - but more importantly you will see "Change Plan Settings" - click on it
Step 7 : Once again in the new window you will see 2 options with a drop-down menu - set both to "Never" so your computer and your monitor won't go in power-saving mode.

Normally after all that it should be ok. If all the above failed maybe it's time to update your drivers and take a look at the gzdoom video settings. Since your problem only happens after your monitor recover from screensaver/sleep mode it's more likely that disabeling it is the first thing to do.

I hope it helps :)

As for your question this mod is changing the overall graphics and stuff you usually see on a map but does not create new maps by itself. if you play the original Doom the levels would be the same in term of layouts but will look really different graphically speaking. At first look it could be confusing because of the dark textures with well adjust lighting effects even if the layouts are the same the maps would seem really new. All enemies are also replaced. This mod is designed to be a "survival-horror" mod for Doom and so far Kontra Kommando has done a great job reproducing a tense survival-horror ambiance with jump scares. There is no lazy AI in this mod and you won't see an enemybeating around the bush before going for the killing blow and if you don't give it your best with all you got you will end up dead more often than not.
XENOCIDE

Post by XENOCIDE »

Yeah it's probably my crappy monitor's black levels and the fact that when it wakes up their is a conflict somewhere. I remember messing with gzdoom's setting's so it might be that thanks for trouble shooting tips :D As for the levels I know it's standard doom levels. My question is in regard to Kontra Kommando own maps and level design. I just edited my post to clear things up a bit. Here is a older Aliens Tc mod that has awful graphics but excels at gameplay with locked down security doors and other neat tricks.

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... ukage-v131
Kontra Kommando

I had these unfinished projects laying around, so I decided to present them as demos. I will continue work on re-skinning the rest of the Aliens (TC) remake. If people like the HD version, I could possibly make more levels for that as well.

Download
---------------------
Alien (HD): The Ship Demo

Game: Doom 2
Source-port: gzdoom
Map01 replacement

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x14v8 ... p+DEMO.zip

***Be sure to drag and drop all files at once, on the source-port***

Download
---------------------
Aliens (TC) (2016) Demo

Game: Ultimate Doom
Source-port: gzdoom
E2M1-E2M6 replacement

http://www.mediafire.com/download/azw7l ... 9+DEMO.zip

***Be sure to drag and drop all files at once, on the source-port***

Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Brillant man :D

I see you made some improvements to the Starship Konrad ;) I only have one personal complain about the aliens, they look a bit taller than usual, or it's our protagonist that is small :lol: They also look a bit slim and norrow compared to what we used to see - or maybe it's just that i'm not used to the real size of the xenomorphs. As for Aliens TC it's as fun to play as it used to be, even more now with the changes made to the maps and your work.

In short i like it a lot :D

NOTE : Each time i think you reached a limit to how good your work looks like you always comeback with even more impressive work. Amazing work :D
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

I'm not sure if i've mentioned this before but after i pick up the m68 shotgun i'm no longer able to pick up shellboxes please fix this.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Endless123 wrote:I only have one personal complain about the aliens, they look a bit taller than usual, or it's our protagonist that is small :lol: They also look a bit slim and norrow compared to what we used to see
Don't listen to this guy. He clearly has not seen Aliens or knows much about them. Their size is just fine and they do no look "too slim" at all.

I really liked the ship demo a lot! The HD aliens and the atmosphere was perfect.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”