Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: Aliens Themed MAP01/Drone v1.2/Warrior Xeno Preview

Post by Endless123 »

Well in Aliens 2 Cpl Hicks carries an old shotgun and many marines are carrying what looks like today's sidearms so i guess it would be ok to put a revolver (like the Broken Butterfly(.45) or the Handcannon (.50) of Resident Evil 4 or one like the Colt Python would be ok to add i think, any big caliber revolver or magnum would be credible i think as long as they can do as much damage as their look suggests) Doom default weapons aren't the most advanced if we look at them. Except for the Plasma Rifle and the BFG9000 all other weapons look a bit outdated if we think about it and they are supposed to be weapons of the future and i don't know about you but outdated or not i won't be enjoying Doom as much without my good old SSG :D

In short i think no one will against the idea if you add a 6-shooter revolver because as you said if it's good for doom it should be good for the aliens universe. Your map is super fun to play alone and also combined with other mods. It's a great map and if the rest of your maps are at least half as fun this would be epic :D

So i'd vote for that :cheers:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

The pistol from the earliest games looked like a Colt 45, I think. So you could use something similar to that. Or you could go the route of AVP2 and later where it looked a bit more high tech and similar in design to the pulse rifle.

You should put everything together at the end as a general replacer; it'd be cool to play through regular WADs with xenomorphs and Marine weaponry.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Thank you for you ideas and support, Endless and Ghost! :)

I will try my best to make this WAD worthy of the name Aliens.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

speaking of xenomorph sprite of yours, those tail movements went really awkward specially death frames. also in gib frame, it disappears.

otherwise, i liked about your latest alien sprite.
Kontra Kommando

Captain J wrote:speaking of xenomorph sprite of yours, those tail movements went really awkward specially death frames. also in gib frame, it disappears.

otherwise, i liked about your latest alien sprite.

I was wondering how I could best address the lack of the tail in the gibing animation. After I'm done with the Xenomorph Warrior, I'm planning on coming back to the drone, and making some adjustments.

Also, I want to add a few more shades of pixels to the Xenomorphs, to make them look more detailed.

For the Warrior, I'm considering changing the color of the the pixels with gimp, and give them a blue-ish or brown-ish hue.

This is where I took that idea from, "They are dark in skin color, typically black but sometimes incorporating dark brown or blue tones." http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Warrior
Kontra Kommando

Re: Xenomorph Warrior [Custom Enemy]

New:

http://www.moddb.com/members/kontra-kom ... r-for-doom

Attached is a link to download my new custom enemy; the Xenomorph Warrior. in addition to the creation of this new monster, I am planning on making revisions to the Xenomorph Drone. I have made some improvements in needed areas. The tail has been shortened in poses where it looked too long. Moreover, the tail has also been included in the gib animation as well. I will try to get those revision done for the Drone by tomorrow night.

In the meantime, check out the new Xenomorph Warrior. They are tougher and stronger than the Drone, as they should be.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Once again you surpassed yourself, well done :D
Kontra Kommando

Endless123 wrote:Once again you surpassed yourself, well done :D
Thanks man!

Next up is the Queen, that's going to be the real challenge! :lol:
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Only one question about the Queen, will it be the one laying eggs and somehow attached to something (like in Aliens 2) or will it be the free Queen (like at the end of Aliens 2 on the Sulaco)?

The first one is vulnerable but is protected by her "royal guards" as for the other one she is alone but a heck of a bitch to fight against :lol:
Kontra Kommando

Endless123 wrote:Only one question about the Queen, will it be the one laying eggs and somehow attached to something (like in Aliens 2) or will it be the free Queen (like at the end of Aliens 2 on the Sulaco)?

The first one is vulnerable but is protected by her "royal guards" as for the other one she is alone but a heck of a bitch to fight against :lol:
It will be a free roaming Queen. however, once that sprite sheet is finished, I could possibly make a separate one that could be attached to that massive egg laying appendage, that is stationary.

Once thing I am struggling with,

If I should make her legs bird-like; similar to the more recent depictions of her.

Or

Keep is similar to the original Aliens movie, and make them bend forward.

Making them more bird-like would make it seem more physically possible for a massive creature like that to walk properly (similar to a dinosaur). And I do think it looks cooler that way. However, keeping it as it was originally depicted is more of homage to the original look of the queen. Nevertheless, the original queen moved in an unnatural way. Right now, I'm leaning more towards the revised legs.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Yeah it would look more natural with revised legs but you know i though the knee articulations were capable of both movements but i guess i'm wrong.

But you know i think you can do any of the versions because the aliens are taking their host characteristics it can certainly have pretty much anything you want :)
Kontra Kommando

Re: Xenomorph Drone(v1.3) & Warrior/Starship Konrad MAP01

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/...custom-monsters

Download both 1.3 of the Drone, and 1.1 of the Warrior here.
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless123

Re: Xenomorph Drone(v1.3) & Warrior/Starship Konrad MAP01

Post by Endless123 »

Already downloaded and integrated :D

Great work as always :D
Kontra Kommando

Re: Xenomorph Drone(v1.3) & Warrior(1.1)/Starship Konrad MAP

Check out the review for Starship Konrad at the Doomwadstation!

http://www.doomwadstation.net/2014/starship/
Endless123

Re: Xenomorph Drone(v1.3) & Warrior(1.1)/Starship Konrad MAP

Post by Endless123 »

Kontra Kommando wrote:Check out the review for Starship Konrad at the Doomwadstation!

http://www.doomwadstation.net/2014/starship/
I'm agree with him for the most part but i think he was a bit too severe with a playability at 5(i'd give at least a 7). I'm also agree with him about the difficulty to navigate the map without the automap but once it's found it's not that difficult.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”