Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
artagon96

Re: Acheron Productions: Aliens-Themed Doom Mods/Sharing Gro

Post by artagon96 »

that's would be great ,i'm looking forward to it
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Deimos Anomaly (Creator of the A:CM mod) has produced an amazing official map for the upcoming release of Alien:Legacy. We have combined it with the upcoming Alien Trilogy- gameplay conversion pk3 I am working on. Check it out!

SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Will your TC have those "kill me" victims including chest burster if you don't kill them?
artagon96

Post by artagon96 »

hey guys i finally managed create cocooned victim from alien trilogy
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20170424_072239.png
Kontra Kommando

artagon96 wrote:hey guys i finally managed create cocooned victim from alien trilogy
I think once I upload the new pk3 soon, you should upload that as an add-on on Moddb. Sort of like how BD has content that others can expand the original file with. I will upload the main file, and other people can basically make their own mods/expansions/maps for the mod. But it should be linked to both the Aliens mod and Acheron Productions group page.

I want to make an add-on, that replaces the enemies with my original Xenomorph sprites, if people want to play with that version too. Another add-on mod, I'd like to make is one that replaces all of the enemies with solely Human-oid enemies; or soley aliens, or predators.

One thing I would suggest, are no copy-written music mods.
Nemesis6

Post by Nemesis6 »

On the topic of the AUD mod -- The latest 9.5 one felt broken; the textures were gone, as was the clutter and stuff. Not sure what happened there, but I'd love a fixed version with the new graphics additions, and one with the old sprite work would also be appreciated; It has a charm, a different feel than the Alien Trilogy graphics.

Some small observations: Making the runner aliens rare and keeping the normal xenomorphs might be a good thing to do, both balance wise and in the sense there just wouldn't be that many xenomorphs coming from non-humans. Also, lethal facehuggers as an addon maybe? Perhaps only if health is below a certain threshold...? Also, would be nice to have the facehugger graphics, I think another mod here did that already if I remember correctly.
Kontra Kommando

Nemesis6 wrote:On the topic of the AUD mod -- The latest 9.5 one felt broken; the textures were gone, as was the clutter and stuff. Not sure what happened there, but I'd love a fixed version with the new graphics additions, and one with the old sprite work would also be appreciated; It has a charm, a different feel than the Alien Trilogy graphics.

Some small observations: Making the runner aliens rare and keeping the normal xenomorphs might be a good thing to do, both balance wise and in the sense there just wouldn't be that many xenomorphs coming from non-humans. Also, lethal facehuggers as an addon maybe? Perhaps only if health is below a certain threshold...? Also, would be nice to have the facehugger graphics, I think another mod here did that already if I remember correctly.
There's only 9.2, if you're referring to Aliens (TC) 2017, it only works with episode 2 and 3 of Ultimate Doom.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Kontra Kommando wrote:I think once I upload the new pk3 soon...

:mrgreen: :wink:
LiensisDynamo

Post by LiensisDynamo »

When will Alien: Legacy be released!?
artagon96

Post by artagon96 »

Hey guys i want to share with you my personal project i have been working on for a long time, i hope it will satisfy those who are waiting for aliens legacy and immediately informs that this is beta so you can experience small bugs

PS: This preojekt consists of a combination of many mods I've found on the internet and do not prescribe myself any credit for their creation the only thing I did finished the HUD.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ATf ... 1dxMHhEVVk
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

A credits list would be appreciated, you know.
artagon96

Post by artagon96 »

I know this because it already adds a list

Lex Safonov for base mod

Kontra Kommando for some assest that i use in this project

Deimos Anomaly for sentry and predator sprite

⋆Ƅarge™ for making amazing flashlight mod

Sgt_Mark_IV for casing spawner
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I believe you should do a research about the assets you are going to use in your mod first, because this "credits list" goes from vague to inaccurate pretty quickly. For example, Deimos Anomaly didn't create the Predator sprites, Neoworm did. Same goes with the flashlight mod, it was made by The Zombie Killer. Lack of proper credits can be a real problem around here, so if you're going to use someone else's work, try to dig the sources first.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Are there archives for that kind of credit work? People get in trouble for it all the time here and it's really done out of malice, just ignorance most of the time. It must be hard if you've got a mod with a ton of stuff to credit to make sure you actually get everything.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

That's why it's always better to ask permission first before shove stuff into your mod, or make sure you know were the things you're about to use are coming from (reading the credits files from mods you're borrowing stuff is advisable). This helps you to keep track of the source of the resources and avoid problems with other users.

(ps: I don't think he omitted credits on purpose, in fact he's new around here and probably isn't used to the ZDF ways)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”