Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
artagon96

Re: Acheron Productions: Aliens-Themed Doom Mods/Sharing Gro

Post by artagon96 »

that's right and i'm apologise that i don't include the credits list and sorry for my bad english this is not my native language in the future i'll be remember to ask for permission to use resources from other modders
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

No problems dude. Just be a little more careful next time.
Jojo_195

Post by Jojo_195 »

Found a problem with the mod (Aliens the ultimate doom 9.2)
You forgot to replace the vanilla shotgun ammo box with a custom spawner. Vanilla boxes spawn all around and they are useless since the shotguns in the mod use custom ammo.
"VanillaItemReplacementSpawners" DECORATE has:
actor MinorAmmoSpawner3 : RandomSpawner replaces Shell
And
actor MinorAmmoSpawner4 : RandomSpawner replaces Shell
So I changed spawner4 to "replaces ShellBox"instead of "replaces Shell". Will that be enough to correct it?
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Finished up some additional sprite work I've been meaning to add. Now all that's left is cutting them out; altering all of the sprites; and coding. I plan to have something ready by very late tonight.
Kontra Kommando

Alien Trilogy (UD) beta 1.0 has been released

http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ul ... ud-beta-10

SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Yay, finally. :D
Downloading NOW!!!

EDIT:
I really love it after playing a few vanilla maps. My only complaint are the hordes. I was wondering why the automap tells me there are 17 enemies on map e1m1 but I only encountered two. The remaining 12 were all in the tiny room with the exit switch. I'd suggest to lower the spawn number for hordes or lower the spawn of hordes altogether. Xenomorphs are already very fast and dangerous and too many hordes on a map or in very tight spaces is basically an instant game over.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Pressing the Motion Tracker and Music Change keys gives me P StartScript error messages.

On a couple of occasions, I noticed enemy humans and synthetics spawning right next to xenomorphs inside monster closets and only starting to fight each other upon their activation.

I think you should disable the enemies' ability to jump down ledges, as they keep falling into inescapable pits.

I do not think xenomorph eggs should count as enemies in the map statistics.

And map statistics, what items count as such in the score screen? I have found myself unable to get 100% items in maps where I usually do.

I have asked you before, but why is the armor counted spelled "Armour"? That is the British spelling and the Marines are supposed to be Americans.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Kontra Kommando wrote:Alien Trilogy (UD) beta 1.0 has been released

Now that's a gory view. It's almost like you have indirectly conceived a "Brutal Alien Trilogy" of some sort. Is the gore amount adjustable via CVAR? I have no problems with gibs and blood, but when it comes to AT, i think it would be nice to be also able to play it in a more classic oriented way. In any case, great job.
JohnnyTheWolf wrote: On a couple of occasions, I noticed enemy humans and synthetics spawning right next to xenomorphs inside monster closets and only starting to fight each other upon their activation.
If i remember correctly, this is how Kontra Kommando has been doing the infights for a long time, because enemies used to start killing each other as soon as you spawned in the map and the result is that few of them survived (and those who survived were too weak and injured)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I do not mind infights when they happen in the open, but I just do not think humans and xenomorphs should be spawning next to each other inside monster closets.
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

I also have the same error with the music. Just a note from the original music, then silence. Pressing m it throws an P_StartScript error messages.

I really like the overall asthetics, because feels very cohesive.

In my opinion, the mod is ruined because the aliens move so fast, they are more annoying than fun (to me, it feels cheap). Besides the random spawn is not quite good at the moment. I hope you will review it, since usually monsters spawns so close eachother at close rooms.

Another issue is Flamethrower sprites seems to flicker.

I really like this modpack, other than the issue with the hi-speed aliens. Work is really nice!
Kontra Kommando

The enemies need to activate on site. Otherwise, they will fight, and kill one another at the start of the map. Moreover, that's the result of randomized enemies. The original doom didn't have a faction system. Thus, they mixed all the enemies together. There's no exclusive monster in doom, that does not appear with others. The only way to have the humans and enemies not spawn together in the monster closet, would be to intentionally place them separately on a custom map. The pk3 is a game-play conversion mod; Deimos Anomaly is working on a official custom map that will work perfectly.

The reason I have them able to come off of ledges, is because most of the enemies are melee based. Thus, it would look odd to have a ton of aliens running around on a ledge, not pursuing the player. Nevertheless, there are some line-definitions within the original maps that prevents the aliens from crossing.

In regards to the enemy spawn rate, speed, and difficulty. I will gradually make improvements soon, added new graphical content, and tweaks to the the layout, and coding. I plan on making a update relatively soon.
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

You could do a spawn check and if there are other enemys around it prioritise them being the same faction.
If that posible it does not need to be big either since enemy closets are generaly packed.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Well, if you're taking suggestions, you could set the enemy speed values back to what they were in Aliens Ultimate Doom v 9.2. They were still dangerous in hordes and their speed was perfectly balanced IMHO.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Does the smart gun require smart autoaim (in the gameplay options) and autoaim levels (in player setup) to be on?
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

No, you can switch between locked mode and free aim via the second mouse button or whatever you mapped for alt-fire.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”