Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Someone64

Re: Acheron Productions: Aliens-Themed Doom Mods/Sharing Gro

Post by Someone64 »

No, I meant is locked mode designed to function with autoaim being on in mind? I find that it's really hard to use and I just end up switching to free mode because locked mode never works out for me as I have to aim all the same except it kinda has an unreliable trigger bot.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Found a bug: Switching away from the smart gun from free mode then switching back hides the crosshair for it even if it's still in free mode.

Also I really think blood should do less damage and enemies with guns could take more time to aim at you.
artagon96

Post by artagon96 »

i have a small question about this mod , are you planning add to handler feature that allows him to use grenade launcher like in original alien trilogy
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Could the Predator player class from this mod be added to this? I guess this could be awesome.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

SoundOfDarkness wrote:Could the Predator player class from this mod be added to this? I guess this could be awesome.
I think it would be awesome, especially a map with the human enemies, in a jungle setting. But its up to endless and jdredalert. I would imagine an RPG xp system would be really cool, implemented into it.
artagon96 wrote:i have a small question about this mod , are you planning add to handler feature that allows him to use grenade launcher like in original alien trilogy
I think the quake grenade would be a cool projectile for them to fire. But they have pulse rifles, so it would need to be an impact grenade.
Kontra Kommando

http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ul ... 0/#6535631

I have released the 1.1 update to the mod.

I've reduced the speed of the xenomorphs

I also fixed a few other bugs and glitches.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

There's so many of these it's almost overwhelming. Since I'm unfortunately disinclined to download each and every one, are there any mods that accurately and faithfully reproduce the core gameplay and visuals of Alien Trilogy (as seen in this video)? I really want that slow, spooky, atmospheric look and feel, not the frantic run-and-gun that so many of these TCs seem to go for.

Alternatively if none such truly exists, what's the best place to find all the extracted Alien Trilogy textures/sprites/sounds/music so I can do it myself?

8-)
Kontra Kommando

Caligari87 wrote:There's so many of these it's almost overwhelming. Since I'm unfortunately disinclined to download each and every one, are there any mods that accurately and faithfully reproduce the core gameplay and visuals of Alien Trilogy (as seen in this video)? I really want that slow, spooky, atmospheric look and feel, not the frantic run-and-gun that so many of these TCs seem to go for.

Alternatively if none such truly exists, what's the best place to find all the extracted Alien Trilogy textures/sprites/sounds/music so I can do it myself?

8-)
Lex Safanov is already trying to accomplish that with his mod Alien Trilogy (TC) : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53700 But if you want to take a crack at it, ask him.

My version is intended to be a re-skin of Aliens: The Ultimate Doom, with Alien Trilogy graphics.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

By the way... Thanks Kontra for your mod being able to run with Zandronum.
Caligari87 wrote:I really want that slow, spooky, atmospheric look and feel, not the frantic run-and-gun that so many of these TCs seem to go for.
I made my own version from Kontra's mod with less and slower enemies, but of course I won't release it without his permission.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

i will admit after prometheus and seeing alien covenant i wouldnt mind seeing more alien movies with less xenos that are just stupid hard to kill. slower and more methodical. i love aliens like the next guy but somethin different would be nice
Kontra Kommando

SoundOfDarkness wrote:By the way... Thanks Kontra for your mod being able to run with Zandronum.
Caligari87 wrote:I really want that slow, spooky, atmospheric look and feel, not the frantic run-and-gun that so many of these TCs seem to go for.
I made my own version from Kontra's mod with less and slower enemies, but of course I won't release it without his permission.
chronoteeth wrote:i will admit after prometheus and seeing alien covenant i wouldnt mind seeing more alien movies with less xenos that are just stupid hard to kill. slower and more methodical. i love aliens like the next guy but somethin different would be nice
The latest update already slows the xenomorphs down though.

If people want to make add ons/modifications/tweaks, they can officially link it to the moddb page specifically as an add-on. Something like the way Brutal Doom has a ton of content made by people other than Sergeant_Mark_IV. example: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons

Create add-ons for this page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom

I don't like to have dropbox links or other types of download links here on the thread tbh. The best way to contribute to this project is to contribute to the add-ons page.

I would love to see people making maps that would be compatible with the pk3. This way, we can have those spooky atmospheric maps, with a small amount of enemies, and items. Maps will also need to be designated to the add-ons page.

I want everyone, and anyone to contribute, but I would appreciate it if they followed these stipulations. Linking your work to the moddb page is the best way to acknowledge the co-authors and I.
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Wed May 24, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artagon96

Post by artagon96 »

greetings Contra i want to share with you my personal project , you can use every asset whatever you want i hope it would help complete the amazing work that you created

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ATf ... 1dxMHhEVVk

ps :sorry for my bad english
Kontra Kommando

artagon96 wrote:greetings Contra i want to share with you my personal project , you can use every asset whatever you want i hope it would help complete the amazing work that you created

ps :sorry for my bad english
Dude seriously? I just said to not share other links. If you want to contribute, make it an add-on on the moddb page.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

For that matter, if you have a mod of your own, get your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Kontra Kommando wrote:
SoundOfDarkness wrote:By the way... Thanks Kontra for your mod being able to run with Zandronum.
chronoteeth wrote:i will admit after prometheus and seeing alien covenant i wouldnt mind seeing more alien movies with less xenos that are just stupid hard to kill. slower and more methodical. i love aliens like the next guy but somethin different would be nice
The latest update already slows the xenomorphs down though.

If people want to make add ons/modifications/tweaks, they can officially link it to the moddb page specifically as an add-on. Something like the way Brutal Doom has a ton of content made by people other than Sergeant_Mark_IV. example: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons

Create add-ons for this page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom

I don't like to have dropbox links or other types of download links here on the thread tbh. The best way to contribute to this project is to contribute to the add-ons page.

I would love to see people making maps that would be compatible with the pk3. This way, we can have those spooky atmospheric maps, with a small amount of enemies, and items. Maps will also need to be designated to the add-ons page.

I want everyone, and anyone to contribute, but I would appreciate it if they followed these stipulations. Linking your work to the moddb page is the best way to acknowledge the co-authors and I.
no no, not make them slow, but i mean the pacing. I guess the alien franchise is starting to tilt away from the gung-ho stylings of aliens and resurrection/AVP movies and going back to a slower, more methodical pacing. a horror movie franchise over an action movie franchise. I mean more, I wouldnt mind someone making something more in line with the original alien and the likes of covenant/prometheus: quieter pace with a xeno thats extremely resilient and powerful over the more easy to kill ones from aliens. To be fair that'd mean redoing everything all over again from scratch but, I guess it's more something that'd be nice to see sometime.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”