T-Style: DITM (More LVL 3 Screenshots on Page 3)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: T-Style: DITM (More LVL 3 Screenshots on Page 3)

Postby Turret49 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Currently the fog is making everything a bit hazy.. is it possible to have the maximum seeing distance the same, but with a shorter falloff towards the player, so things nearby are more clear? It's fine if you can't really do anything about it though.
Turret49

Postby Ed the Bat » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Just began trying this out. When I pick up the shells dropped by the Shotgun Guy, the message says (+3 Shells) but I only receive one. The amount is being cut in half (and rounded down) when dropped, since you left the amount unspecified. So you'll either want to explicitly specify the drop amount, or use a different actor for the monster's DropItem.

Looks like the ZombieMan has a similar issue, since the replacement for clips says (+10 Bullets) but dropped ones are worth five.

Also, I have to say I don't care for the chainsaw being lower priority than the fist. Having to tap 1 twice, or scroll down two slots from the pistol, is unusual.

And, is this a Turok thing? When I find Explosive Shells, I'm not allowed to use buckshot until I burn through the explosive, which means my primary close-range weapon is now deadly to me at close range, even under the effect of 'Spirital Invulnerability'.

And...
Spoiler:
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Paul » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:25 pm

@Ed The Bat

I believe the alternate ammo interaction is intended, as it matches the behavior in Turok. Except in Turok, I think the explosive shells gave no self damage. Explosive shells were basically just a fancy "double damage" item.
Paul

Postby FireSeraphim » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:41 pm

@EdTheBat:The Alt Ammo behavior is meant to be exactly like Turok 1's. Also could have sworn I fixed the "cut in half" ammo amount issue. Oh well, I may as well upload a new quickfixed version real quick. I was wondering if I could get your help improving the coding in the "Spirital Invulnerability" powerup. It's supposed to slow down time as opposed to stopping it and my current implementation leaves much to be desired to be honest, it's nowhere near as good as the "slow down time" powerup in the Doom RLA + Doom RPG mod combo, it's also supposed to cycle through the lighting colours like it does now.
FireSeraphim
Verified Professional Vampire Hunter

Discord: FireSeraphim #9061

Postby Ed the Bat » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:43 pm

I could try to help with the powerup, but I'm not sure how it could be improved. My guess right now is you're using a rapid series of short timefreezer's?
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby FireSeraphim » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Yep, but my implementation is a bit janky in comparison to the mod combo I mentioned. Also I updated the OP with a new version of the main mod file. (At the time of this reply the upload had one minute left)

Edit: Oops, the time jumped up to ten minutes on the upload.
FireSeraphim
Verified Professional Vampire Hunter

Discord: FireSeraphim #9061

Postby wildweasel » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Paul wrote:@Ed The Bat

I believe the alternate ammo interaction is intended, as it matches the behavior in Turok. Except in Turok, I think the explosive shells gave no self damage. Explosive shells were basically just a fancy "double damage" item.

You can damage yourself with explosive shells in Turok, but Spiritual Invincibility is supposed to be absolute (outside of falling in bottomless pits).
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby BFG » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:02 am

please make a optional dinosaur monster wad for this!
BFG

Postby Turret49 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:09 am

Been playing through this a few times recently after finding my old Turok CD, there's a couple things causing performance issues in GZdoom for me that I had to fix:

- The Pirate Doom blood splats ("BloodSmear" actor) last the entire level, this was causing framerate drops in large open areas with a lot of high health enemies, so I changed the "XDT1 K-1" state to "XDT1 K 1050" (30 seconds).

- A lot of Pirate Doom's blood actors are actually superfluous due to commented out code and unused sprite definitions, you can actually delete the A_SpawnItemEx functions on the BloodSmear actor as it's just spawning invisible objects, "bpool", "bpool2", "bpool3", etc. don't have any sprites and can just be cut out. "Bloodtrail" isn't being used for anything, either. I can show you my edited DECORATE text if you need it.

- "KeyGlitter" and "KeyGlitter2" never despawn, they just stay there invisible and constantly spawn over each other until you pick up the key. this leads to the game almost locking up when I go near the key at the end of MAP02, as it had been spawning KeyGlitters for the entire length of the level. I had to remove the TNT1 A -1 state to fix this.

I hope you're still working on this, it's quite enjoyable.
Turret49

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects