(BETA 2) Nazi Zombies DOOM edition

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Angel-Neko_X
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

(BETA 2) Nazi Zombies DOOM edition

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (By TheCubasy)

So yeah, I got a message a while back, asking whether or not the project is still alive or not. And yes, it is.

For those of you who don't know already, this mod pretty much tries to recreate the infamous Nazi Zombies gamemode in Doom, keeping as many of the core features as intact as possible. It's been in development for... a year, at this point, with little work getting done, but we hoping the development time will speed up after next week (when summer break finally starts.)

Anyway, we will get straight to the point: the gameplay. If you've played World at War's or Black Ops Zombies, then this will look very familiar. So the idea of the game is to team up with up to three other players (or just... play with yourself...) and survive for as long as possible against a giant-ass horde of zombies... that happen to be Nazis... Nothing worse than an undead Nazi, let me tell you. The game's segmented into "waves," so pretty much you're trying to survive as many waves as possible (however, there is an optional "timed" gameplay mode called "Hell on Earth," but it's still experimental.) The first few waves start off easy: a couple of slow-moving zombies with barely any health. But the difficulty quickly increases after the first few waves: zombies will come in larger hordes, move faster, and having an increase in health. But fortunately, killing zombies will award you with "points," which you can subsequently use to purchase new weapons, open new rooms, etc.

But yeah, most likely, you already know what Nazi Zombies is, so we don't need to explain it. Here's a bunch of useless information about the mod, instead:
Spoiler: Latest build
Spoiler: Upcoming build
Spoiler: Bugs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-vF0KdlH-c

Happy zombie-killing.
TheUnbeholden

Re: (BETA 2) Nazi Zombies DOOM edition

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Nice! tried the latest version: http://static.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/wads/nazizo ... fix4.1.pk3
Wondering if there will be Nazi Soldier zombies, that would be a nice addition although not necessary, since if we where to apply these zombies to Doom 1 and 2 it would be a little easy to shoot melee-only zombies without ever getting killed.
eyesoftheworld94

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

Since i see a lot of people linking to this thread and downloading that old beta, shouldn't the newest revision be uploaded (that was on **LINK_DISABLED**) before **LINK_DISABLED** was taken down?
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

eyesoftheworld94 wrote:Since i see a lot of people linking to this thread and downloading that old beta, shouldn't the newest revision be uploaded (that was on **LINK_DISABLED**) before **LINK_DISABLED** was taken down?
I didn't even realise people still check this thread, nor did I know there were any new posts into this, I just saw it as being pretty dead, well since I have taken hold of this project since a long time ago here is the link to the last released version (Not 0.8, still working on that): NZ:DE 0.7.4

As for the one on Best Ever, I am not too sure if I can find them, but if I do, I'll post them here because they did include some multiplayer fixes.

And also, a tumblr for those who want updates, I made (or rather remade, account was there for a while) it because I do have a tendency to spam screenshots at times:

http://whiteace-nzde.tumblr.com/

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”