[Released] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v12

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[Released] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v12

Postby doomjoshuaboy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Hey there people
I decide to make a topic of my mod this is a very different mod better than my other mod.
I have made this mod since August and post it via youtube halfway in november working hard as i could.

New Video, new version Trailer:


Spoiler: old videos


I decide to make it early release of my mod now so Zan 3.0 and ZD/GZDoom is the only compatible with this.
Links:
DoomJoshuaBoy's mod version 12 Zan 3.0 and ZD/GZDoom DL here

Add-on: Music package volume 3
If you're having trouble of scaling the Status bar using fullscreen Use hud_scale in the console (if true [1] makes it a bigger size, if false [0] goes to the same size as the video resolution you've chosen the bigger it gets, the smaller hud gets)
Spoiler: Screenshots



Spoiler: Old links:



Anything whats need to fix up...feel free to post it in this thread
Spoiler: ToDo




Spoiler: Changelog:


I decide it to take out the weapons Spoiler because its takes awhile to get the things fixed up (I might could make as a text file, But oh well. :\)
Last edited by doomjoshuaboy on Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:59 am, edited 48 times in total.
User avatar
doomjoshuaboy
Owner of <AD> Australian Doomers Server Cluster
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Location: NSW, Australia
Discord: doomjoshuaboy#1975

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby Ribo Zurai » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:16 am

Quite OP... What's up with all those runes?

Sidenote: That music makes my brain malfunction.
User avatar
Ribo Zurai
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2009

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby Ethril » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:34 am

I'm trying to think of something nice to say about this, I really am, but it's not working.
User avatar
Ethril
F1
 
Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Location: Guidance Gate

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby Blue Shadow » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:44 am

doomjoshuaboy wrote:Shotgun
Primary: same as
Secondary: acts like a sniper and kills every monster in one shot cost 5 shells

Hmm... what's the point of the other weapons, then?
User avatar
Blue Shadow
 
 
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:42 am

Right away, all I can say is that I found a single music track in here that exceeds 20 meg... Holy crap.
User avatar
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.
 
Joined: 03 May 2012
Location: Maryland, US

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby Marrub » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 am

er...what?
is there some kind of download? credits list? maybe some more info besides a few videos and some info on the (amazingly OP) weapons?
User avatar
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr
 
 
 
Joined: 26 Feb 2013
Discord: Marrub#5455
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 am

Marrub wrote:er...what?
is there some kind of download? credits list? maybe some more info besides a few videos and some info on the (amazingly OP) weapons?

doomjoshuaboy wrote:links are all in Youtube description
User avatar
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.
 
Joined: 03 May 2012
Location: Maryland, US

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby Marrub » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:21 am

Ed the Bat wrote:
Marrub wrote:er...what?
is there some kind of download? credits list? maybe some more info besides a few videos and some info on the (amazingly OP) weapons?

doomjoshuaboy wrote:links are all in Youtube description

ah, my bad, though he should probably add some links in the thread as well to avoid confusion
though google drives doesn't want to download shit, it just does nothing when I press download anyway
User avatar
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr
 
 
 
Joined: 26 Feb 2013
Discord: Marrub#5455
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby Failure » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 am

You may think the wad is fun, but for ME it's not.
The concept is just shot and kill, wich is not a great idea.
You should nerf the guns, focus more on the desing of the maps. make smaller item textures and if you want to you can put other weaponsto the game and please less spam monster zones.
It's better a wad wich requires skill rather than an really easy one.

In other way, the wad seems useful for slaughter wads like chillax.

tho this wad reminds me of drspam.
Failure
Banned User
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2012

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v1

Postby doomjoshuaboy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Deeply sorry about the links.

Ed the Bat wrote:Right away, all I can say is that I found a single music track in here that exceeds 20 meg... Holy crap.


I know I've been trying my best to convert as small as possible but didn't work still 20 megs. Might delete that on my next volume. `

Blue Shadow wrote:
doomjoshuaboy wrote:Shotgun
Primary: same as
Secondary: acts like a sniper and kills every monster in one shot cost 5 shells

Hmm... what's the point of the other weapons, then?


There's another weapon thats does the same as not like the secondary from the shotgun
Plasma Rifle's Secondary: rail, powerful up to 12000 amount of damage cost 10 cells


Failure wrote:You may think the wad is fun, but for ME it's not.
The concept is just shot and kill, wich is not a great idea.
You should nerf the guns, focus more on the desing of the maps. make smaller item textures and if you want to you can put other weaponsto the game and please less spam monster zones.
It's better a wad wich requires skill rather than an really easy one.

In other way, the wad seems useful for slaughter wads like chillax.

tho this wad reminds me of drspam.


I'll see what i can do to fix these up

I know a lot of people thinks my mod looks stupid but I might be able to fix things out. :(
User avatar
doomjoshuaboy
Owner of <AD> Australian Doomers Server Cluster
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Location: NSW, Australia
Discord: doomjoshuaboy#1975

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v2

Postby Captain J » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:29 am

holy moly moles with drinking a black tea with worm lotion cream toping. this wad SURE needs to be fix...a lot.
first to fix is weapons, second is powerups and runes that scattering around, third is player's health and lot's of problems specially memories that this wad have.

and to me, this wad reminds me a Doomguy2k's Glorious Terry worshiping Doomguy's Warzone: Gold Edition(no offence for him.).
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v2

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:52 pm

This WAD is Prototype.
I like it, you need to fix all those bugs however, but still awesome.

********

(8/10)
Immortal Destroyer
Born to be WILD! :)
Banned User
 
Joined: 26 Oct 2013
Location: That's a very interesting Question.

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v2

Postby WARCHILD_89 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:27 am

This Mod has one Thing that made me smile ... the Turrican Soundtrack :wub:
User avatar
WARCHILD_89
DOOM NEMESIS / 3D MODELS / RESOURCE BACKUPS
 
Joined: 17 Nov 2013
Location: MIA between doomed dimensions

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v2

Postby Hornetzero » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:41 pm

The music in this is awesome, even though the original version was better imo.
Hornetzero
 
Joined: 05 Dec 2012
Location: Twighlight zone

Re: [Released for fun] Doomjoshuaboy's mod 2 v2

Postby doomjoshuaboy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Immortal Destroyer wrote:This WAD is Prototype.
I like it, you need to fix all those bugs however, but still awesome.

********

(8/10)

Thank you very much for the ratings. But I know that it needs fixing but it takes a while for me to think whats needs to be fixed.

WARCHILD_89 wrote:This Mod has one Thing that made me smile ... the Turrican Soundtrack :wub:

Hornetzero wrote:The music in this is awesome, even though the original version was better imo.


Glad you both like it but I'll might be able to add more music. (maybe)
User avatar
doomjoshuaboy
Owner of <AD> Australian Doomers Server Cluster
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Location: NSW, Australia
Discord: doomjoshuaboy#1975

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SiFi270, wolf00 and 14 guests