This is a slightly modified version of Sgt. Marks IV's Brutal Doom v19, created and tweaked some time ago by me, just for fun and also for trying to improve some things that are missing in the original mod. Note that you DON'T have to load this with original Brutal Doom file! For the main list of changes, read the description below.
Here is the main list of changes respect from original Brutal Doom v19:
- Replaced the old v0.18 Minigun and Rocket Launcher sprites for the new v19 ones published in previous test releases.
- Replaced Rifle, Shotgun and SSG sprites by the respective DoomNukem's Weapon Pack versions. (They're even cooler than the original ones, don't you think so?)
- Restored the old v0.18 Tomb Raider's "Find-a-secret" sound. (No more hearing the ZDoom's ugly standard sound!)
- Increased back the max-bullet ammo from 200 to 300. (Yeah, because 200 it's way TOO LOW. Long life to old Brutal Doom times!)
- Increased Revenant's Hell Missile Launcher max ammo from 50 to 120 (240 with backpack). You know, HML's new rate of fire on this version wastes more ammo than usual, and you run out of fire too rapidly in a similar way like the 200/400-bullet minigun. So doubling the max capacity mitigates this problem...
- Increased Mancubus' Flame Cannon max ammo from 30 to 60 (120 with backpack). Now you can roast hordes of imps and pinkies without worrying about running out of flames! Hahaha...
- Increased Shotgun/SSG max ammo from 50 to 100 (200 with backpack). Yeah, if you like to use this versatile weapons, why have you to conform with Vanilla's so-low ammo capacity? Now, shut up and bring them on!
- Increased Plasma Rifle/BFG9000 max ammo from 300 to 400 (800 with backpack). That's right. The new Plasma Flamethrower wastes A LOT OF AMMO. Don't you hate this thing? Yeah, me too. So if you can pick more cells, the fun lasts more time. Hehehehe!
- Doubled the Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon damage to enemies. As they're pretty rare-to-find weapons, their efficacy with enemies should be greater. Nowadays, who wants a weak rare weapon apart from collectors?
- Now picked up Backpacks will increase the ammo for Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon.
- Updated the new Brutal Doom title screen header with a 'Enhanced Edition' subtitle. (Previous Credits Page was removed by the author, so it keeps missing in this
- The old v0.18 Nazis and their MP40s are back! (Beware, they are MORE dangerous than the Vanilla's giant smurfs!)
- Fixed a bug with special weapon MP40 related with Alt-Fire and zoom mode. (Previously, when you tried to reload the MP40 with full clip reserve, the zoom was not
restored to normal mode.)
- Removed forever that emetic-hateful aberration called J. Beiber. Lil' old Commander Keen rules! (Well, actually in original Brutal Doom v19 was also removed, but
not in the previous modified version.)
NEW V19G CHANGELOG (*):
- Some changes in Chainsaw: now the player is not pulled towards his target on successful hits when sawing enemies or some corpses, making easier to collect the Revenant's HML and Mancubus Flame Cannon. Furthermore, the sawing damage attack to enemies has been increased, but now the pellet-shooting attack is weaker than before.
- Some sound editing/reworking: included an announcer voice when picking up a Soulsphere, Megasphere or an Invulnerability Sphere, like in Zandro's old releases. Plus, the Demon Strenght Rune pickup sound has been replaced by a more demonic-style sound! (Don't shit in your pants when you hear it!)
- The Demon Strength Rune powerup will be more valuable from now, it will give you always +10 health even when you've reached the player's maximum health. (Yeah, it's like those blue health potions, but better. Catch all of them while you can!)
- Included in Zip archive a new addon for getting an alternative secondary fire for the BFG9000. With this, the big weapon shots a huge plasma-bolts burst spreading randomly, in a similar way like the pre-release Doom BFG's fire method, costing 30 unit of Cell-ammo per shot. (Special thanks to Quaker540 for the idea and providing the code for making it possible!)
- Flame Cannon weapon has been updated from Brutal Doom v20 testing release sprites. Enjoy its newer and cooler aspect!
- The player's Hell Missile Launcher doesn't bob anymore when walking around.
- Improved and smoothened the changing-weapons animations. They won't appear or disappear suddenly in player's sight as before; also some weapons are lowered and raised faster!
- Minor changes in some obituary messages, plus other small fixings as usual.
(*): Due to some new scripts included in this release, I strongly recommend you to get the most recent GZDoom dev build to run BDEE without problems. Older GZDoom releases and any current Zandronum version are not supported from now. You can download the most recent GZDoom dev build from this page:
PREVIOUS CHANGELOGS (V19A TO V19F):
NEW HELP-SCREEN SNAPSHOT:
OLD PROMO TRAILER:
SOME NEW VIDEO WALKTHROUGHS (ALL BY YOUTUBE USER MARTINOZ O):
GO TO BD ENHANCED EDITION V19G DOWNLOAD PAGE
That's all for now folks... Have a happy doom-killing! HE HE HE HE...