Korax mod - Scattered Evil

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
rambo

Re: Korax mod - Scattered Evil

Post by rambo »

You are looking at the base download you need to set up SVN synchronisation. The code itself is at https://sourceforge.net/p/korax/code/HE ... /KoraxRPG/ and you can see the latest commits at https://sourceforge.net/p/korax/code/commit_browser

The latest publicly available beta is slightly more than a month old: http://www.koraxheritage.com/2017/04/26 ... -released/
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

Ooh this looks like an interesting little game let me try it OH GOD THE ENEMIES LEAD THEIR SHOTS ABANDON HOPE.

No seriously, please dont do that. It makes more hectic areas impossible to get through without spamming potions and heal spells...unless that is the point, ala Diablo 2.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Moved the post from the 1.1 thread to here, as this seems to be the main thread.

Started playing 1.1 last night, looks to be quite vast and interesting. I have noticed a few things so far though:

The music and sound volumes are linked...turning music down to 0 turns the sound off too. (and sometimes disables it until the port is quit/relaunched)

Jumping on slopes is impossible.

The automap is a bit hard to see, due to the similar colours and the show map cheat being disabled.

The mobs I've seen that have spawned in front of you (in the 2 maps mentioned below) don't wake up until you fire.

Have these maps been released before? Already spotted 2 maps from the Hexquake series (Darkbough/Deepbough).
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Moved the post from the 1.1 thread to here, as this seems to be the main thread.
Almost, except TheUnbeholden is not the project maintainer, and the real project maintainers seem to start a new thread for major version milestones. I don't really know what to suggest here, but I would advise the KMod team to please stick to one thread.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Ah that's where that reply went from the other thread, I was about to reply to it and then it just went poof. :)

Sorry, wasn't clear to me that all updates for a project should be in the same thread. I've moved the post about the 1.1. release into the previous Scattered Evil thread at viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57621 and deleted the second thread.

Please post anything Scattered Evil related in that thread instead of necroing this one as it's a) old b) was started by someone not part of the Korax team (or under a handle I don't recognize) and c) KMOD and Scattered Evil are not the same mod.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”