This is a recreation of Wolfenstein 3D for the EDGE engine, featuring the Original and Nocturnal and Spear Destiny levels all in one with 128x128 sprites and walls. Not to mention sounds and music of higher quality.
This is a project of mine that has been in and out of development for many many years. It began its life before AFADoomer's Wolf3D TC for ZDoom and even before any "proper" ports existed for the original game. So, please take this into consideration and do not nitpick it to death.
There has been quite a few incarnations of it over the years (one built on top of Laz' WolfenDOOM) but this is the closet to what I had originally intended, but my ambitions had to be lowered as I just wanted to get this thing out there and out of my mind. I suffer from being a perfectionist. So a few weeks ago I began polishing what I already had, cleaned it up, repackaged it and here you go. Some features that I had planned but I had to sacrifice:
* Seperate 64x64 and 128x128 versions of the game
* Second Encounter levels, I had this at one point but I scrapped it for various reasons
* Textured floor and ceilings, finding suitable 128x128 flats was really troublesome
* Flamethrower, Rocket Launcher and Backpack implemented in original levels
* Sliding doors
* Ambience sounds
* Breakable/usable scenery, this was mostly scrapped but water sources can be used if you health goes below 50%
* Spear of Destiny mission packs; Return to Danger and Ultimate Challenge
I have done my best to clean and polish what I had aswell as getting rid of unfinished and experimental things. The game is fully playable but there are three bugs that I am aware of, these are:
* Some pushwalls are broken, though this is mostly in the secret levels
* Pushwalls show as normal doors on the automap.
* There is a slight bug when drinking water, but this is really rare and you probably won't even notice it.
Any feedback would be appreciated, in case I have missed something. Enjoy!
I've got some complaints about the music (I totally agree with most of the criticism though) so I here is a "patch" that replaces the music with the original (OGG format). Does not include Spear of Destiny tracks. Just load the WAD after WOLFEDGE.WAD and you're good to go.