HeXen: Tower of Chaos Special Edition

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HeXen: Tower of Chaos Special Edition

Post by ramon.dexter »

How should I start this mod? 162 decorate errors on start, way too much to fix myself...

edit: Weird. It fixed itself. I was not able to run the game on first try. Few hours later and one restart, it was ok...
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Doom is a funny machine..
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

file in mediafire is shut down and speedyshare website seems down... :( anyone know where else I can get the mod?
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:file in mediafire is shut down and speedyshare website seems down... :( anyone know where else I can get the mod?

That is very strange, I just opened up the link myself and logged into my MediaFire account to see if there was any problems, and I don't get any problems like this. So I've got no clue why this is happening. Gonna reupload the file and repost a link asap just to put it up as a "just in case" safety measure. The MODDB post is not by me (Which really infuriates me that my own mods are uploaded by others without my consent in the matter), it's someone elses, and probably not the right version.

Allow me a couple of minutes and I should have this fixed hopefully, hope you get to download it just fine then.
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

The download link to the standard non Wrath of Cronos version of TOC has been remade in an attempt to hopefully let people download it without any problems. If there's still any problems, do let me know
MaxRideWizardLord

ArgonianLord wrote:The download link to the standard non Wrath of Cronos version of TOC has been remade in an attempt to hopefully let people download it without any problems. If there's still any problems, do let me know
Is this mirror one??

Because these two doesn't work:
Speedyshare Download link: http://www.speedyshare.com/BEeNx/TOC.zip (Fixed an issue related to the coop starts in Map14, as well as fixing some texture misalignments in map09)
Media Fire Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/download/aanw6 ... ia/TOC.zip (Fixed an issue related to the coop starts in Map14, as well as fixing some texture misalignments in map09)
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
ArgonianLord wrote:The download link to the standard non Wrath of Cronos version of TOC has been remade in an attempt to hopefully let people download it without any problems. If there's still any problems, do let me know
Is this mirror one??

Because these two doesn't work:
Speedyshare Download link: http://www.speedyshare.com/BEeNx/TOC.zip (Fixed an issue related to the coop starts in Map14, as well as fixing some texture misalignments in map09)
Media Fire Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/download/aanw6 ... ia/TOC.zip (Fixed an issue related to the coop starts in Map14, as well as fixing some texture misalignments in map09)

Just noticed those ancient links were still there, they've been removed now. The new link has been up top on the first post the whole time, the bottom ones were downloads for the old version.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

ArgonianLord, sorry to bring this up. I'm doing a gameplay of this mapset and sadly, map 14 is broken. First of all, you can't access map 14 from the hub, or map 11 in this case. And you can't activate any switch in the map with any class :( ...
Tested in Zandronum 3.0 alpha-r170205-2117 and GZDoom 3.0.1
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

leodoom85 wrote:ArgonianLord, sorry to bring this up. I'm doing a gameplay of this mapset and sadly, map 14 is broken. First of all, you can't access map 14 from the hub, or map 11 in this case. And you can't activate any switch in the map with any class :( ...

A thousand thanks for bringing this to my attention. Was it in Map 14 you could activate any switches? Because I figured out why it didn't work. I had made a dumb mistake in my MAPINFO, so Map14 had a levelnum of 15, which made the game register map 14 as 15 instead. Uploading a fixed version of this ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT:

The wrong levelnum for Map14 has been switched from levelnum 15 to 14, now you should be able to visit the map and activate switches in it.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

ArgonianLord wrote:
leodoom85 wrote:ArgonianLord, sorry to bring this up. I'm doing a gameplay of this mapset and sadly, map 14 is broken. First of all, you can't access map 14 from the hub, or map 11 in this case. And you can't activate any switch in the map with any class :( ...

A thousand thanks for bringing this to my attention. Was it in Map 14 you could activate any switches? Because I figured out why it didn't work. I had made a dumb mistake in my MAPINFO, so Map14 had a levelnum of 15, which made the game register map 14 as 15 instead. Uploading a fixed version of this ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT:

The wrong levelnum for Map14 has been switched from levelnum 15 to 14, now you should be able to visit the map and activate switches in it.
Many thanks!!! Now I can continue with the gameplay after playing and recording all of Sitnalta :thumb:
MaxRideWizardLord

ArgonianLord wrote:

EDIT:

Is this the right one??

"ToC: Levelset down here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ajnukfgeac45o7/TOC.zip"
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

That's the right link.
neoworm

Re: HeXen: Tower of Chaos Special Edition Version 1.7 H

Post by neoworm »

ravage wrote:This is what I'm greeted to on 'Drathi Marshes'

Sorry for a bump of year old thread but...

What is that weapon/mod?
MaxRideWizardLord

Re: HeXen: Tower of Chaos Special Edition Version 1.7 H

neoworm wrote:
ravage wrote:This is what I'm greeted to on 'Drathi Marshes'

Sorry for a bump of year old thread but...

What is that weapon/mod?
Mmmm... Now I'm also curious. :P

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”