[RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CSSLZT13
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1 [GZDoom]

Post by CSSLZT13 »

On the plus side, the map entries on the wiki are almost all complete.[/quote]
So I just HAPPEN to be playing the hell out of Prodoomer at the moment, and I just saw that this topic was updated with this specific line.

You, sir, are awesome. My nonexistent hat goes to you.
Randumb
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randumb »

Frozenwolf150 wrote:OK, I beat v3 on Badass difficulty with 100% completion as far as I can tell-- except I can't figure out how to unlock the Doomer Kannon or Map34: Awakening. At this point I'm sitting at the endgame, having finished Map33: Legion of Atrocity, and am not sure if I should enter New Game Plus or if there's something I'm still missing.

On the plus side, the map entries on the wiki are almost all complete.
New Game Plus. It's not like there's anything left to do.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Actually, NG+ has different, tougher encounters, and it leads to the true ending of the game.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:Actually, NG+ has different, tougher encounters, and it leads to the true ending of the game.
Yeah, I went ahead and started NG+ regardless.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Just beat New Game Plus, here are my final thoughts on v3.

Positives:
  1. The new mapping features are very useful, both the scanner that shows the location of the keys in Archers Forest, and the numbers for the blocks in Unwelcome.
  2. Removing recoil is also very useful, though I didn't have that much of a problem with it in v2. It turns the P228 into a sniper weapon, and the same goes for the secondary fire of the Atata Gatling Gun.
  3. Iron Prison is a fun ability to play around with, although I used it more for experimenting with different kinds of jumps than for trapping enemies.
  4. Gas Grenade and Dragonfire are more powerful than I remember, and I use them all the time to kill bosses and other tough enemies.
  5. The revised dialogue shows a lot of improvement and makes more sense now.
Negatives:
  1. Prodoomer v3 doesn't seem compatible with GZDoom 3.2.5. While it starts up fine, the Options menu does not show Prodoomer Options like it's supposed to.
  2. The opening battle with the Cyberdemon still causes problems even if I let up on the controls. Even if the hud doesn't disappear, I'll still be unable to pick up items, and have to reload and replay the battle. Could there be an option to hit USE to skip the scene, or could the glitch be mitigated by giving Kennedy the same HUD and interface as Dash?
  3. Gas Grenade can cause massive slowdowns if it hits too many actors at once. GZDoom locked up on me when I got the bright idea to fire one over the minefield in Desolation to try and destroy the mines. This can also happen when shooting one at an enemy encased in Iron Prison.
  4. There are still syntax problems with some of the dialogue. It doesn't sound natural in places. i.e. When Dash says to Gallagher,
    "We have not done anything bad to you."
Suggestions:
  1. The instant death traps can be a turn-off for some players. I don't mean the platforming itself (I've seen worse) I mean the instances where enemies appear and shoot you in the middle of platforming. This happens in two instances, Bi-Colour Dimension when the dark imps teleport in and knock you off the platform, and Unwelcome where the cage walls open to reveal soul harvesters that knock you off the platform. Unless you know about these ahead of time, it's impossible to avoid them.
  2. Similar to the above, the video playthroughs I've seen of Lava Moss typically complain about how the pitfalls are hard to distinguish from the rest of the moss. While I don't have this problem myself, it would help if the thin moss were a different color or had a more distinct texture.
  3. The most irritating thing for me about this mod is when enemies, usually flying creatures, are killed over lava or a pit, making it impossible to collect their credits. This also goes for enemies inside inaccessible cages. I've gone to certain lengths to pull enemies over solid ground (Hook ability, Dark Vortex, etc.) but this doesn't always work. I wish there were an ability like Magnetize from Doom RPG that pulls dropped credits to you, or alternately that the Hook ability could be used to retrieve dropped credits.
  4. It would be useful if ice-based abilities like Frost Orb or Blizzard could be used to temporarily freeze lava. I know there are already a few ways to walk across lava, but this would be the most intuitive.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

please help me i am tired of watching the intro...
i know if i save it will be fixed but everytime i have new version of my app i have to watch the intro all the way...
i appologize if the issue is already adressed by someone i am not aware.
treos

Post by treos »

i have returned to this mod with a new gaming desktop instead of my old lap ANNND... it doesn't lag in the slightest on this pc! ^_^

i do have a question though. wasn't there a skill/spell menu for this mod? if so, how do you access it? i don't remember...
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

treos wrote:i have returned to this mod with a new gaming desktop instead of my old lap ANNND... it doesn't lag in the slightest on this pc! ^_^

i do have a question though. wasn't there a skill/spell menu for this mod? if so, how do you access it? i don't remember...
Go to options > go to customize controls > go to "menu abilities" and press [any key]
then press [your key] and you will can open the menu.

enjoy the mod :).
treos

Post by treos »

ok, thanks and i'm back up to episode 3 (managed to take down mille with no lag which made the fight VASTLY easier...well...it's not laggy anymore. that laptop i had been using was gods awful at running a lot of maps in this mod. especially with those multi-layer animated portal textures.

but not this desktop. :) no lag anywhere so far.
treos

Post by treos »

sweet...NG+-holy crap! caco's and dark imps on map 1? arachnotron's and those inverted color demons on map 2?! O_O; goodness... round 2 is intense.

and i'm curious to know IF, not what, there is anything beyond leandrus at the end of NG+ since there's a few bestiary slots after him.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

treos wrote:sweet...NG+-holy crap! caco's and dark imps on map 1? arachnotron's and those inverted color demons on map 2?! O_O; goodness... round 2 is intense.

and i'm curious to know IF, not what, there is anything beyond leandrus at the end of NG+ since there's a few bestiary slots after him.
Yes, there's something after him. You're going to be fully equipped to face it, by the time you reach it.
AschTheConjurer
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by AschTheConjurer »

Frozenwolf150 wrote:
  1. Prodoomer v3 doesn't seem compatible with GZDoom 3.2.5. While it starts up fine, the Options menu does not show Prodoomer Options like it's supposed to.
  2. The opening battle with the Cyberdemon still causes problems even if I let up on the controls. Even if the hud doesn't disappear, I'll still be unable to pick up items, and have to reload and replay the battle. Could there be an option to hit USE to skip the scene, or could the glitch be mitigated by giving Kennedy the same HUD and interface as Dash?
Damn, I had just come here to see if I could find a solution to the Cyberdemon fight being broken. Good to know it's not just happening to me, but it sucks that I essentially have to cheat in order to get through that opening section.

I've lost the ability to play a few of my favourite level packs and mods that aren't being continually supported because of changes to how GZD works lately.

RIP, Joymaps5
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Hello everyone, i will upload some videos of how to get all 60 rings and the 4 secret rings (I will be constantly refresh this forum for each uploaded video from youtube) besides, I will not upload more versions of Prodoomer.

on the other hand, I'm working in a new mod (nameless for now) with another kind of mechanics, I will show some progress of my new mod in my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Psychosilverth).

Thanks for all the support :mrgreen: .
sonicdoomer2014

Post by sonicdoomer2014 »

hi PsychosilverTH this is sonicdoom 2014 and i really like this mod for gzdoom but there are errors in the 10th map plus it act like it was rushed but i have screenshots of the errors there just sector for ceiling and linedef missing plus it acts like it was unfinished. i would like to show you them but they're .png files and i can't upload them on the forum. but it's on my facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/340321422830311/ i hope you can fix it plus i need a guide on the were all the keys are in map10 like the yellow card and skull and the red skull and card plus the blue keycard i already know were the blue skull is but not the others i've tried typing in give keys on the console command but no other key's popped up same with give all nothing but weapons and full ammo i know i cheated but i know it won't give me all keys so i just need a little key guide for map10 of prodoomer. thank you plus there are bosses from sonic right since prodoomer have sonic references in the mod?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

besides, I will not upload more versions of Prodoomer.
Do you still plan on polishing this MOD at some point?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”