[RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: [RELEASE] Prodoomer V3 [GZDooM 2.2.0]

Post by Valherran »

PsychoSilverTH wrote:
Valherran wrote:OK, I loaded this up on the 2.2.0, and it has a major problem. The starting event with Commander Raynor is broken, as soon as the Cyberdemon comes to kill him, you gain control of him instead of watching them fight. This causes you to die, and then the cycle repeats. I went ahead and skipped to map01, and the first thing I noticed is that I could not move at all unless I opened up a sub menu within the game, then it allowed me to move. Plus the HUD is missing completely, I couldn't get it to appear no matter what I try. You might wanna hotfix that as soon as you can.
That's intentional. You can control Raynor during the first event, he has a rocket launcher and an automatic shotgun.

When you kill the cyberdemon, leave the keyboard alone

There is indeed a bug in that sequence, caused by morphactor and unmorphactor, you can read how to prevent it on the "BEFORE YOU PLAY" Section.
I read that, and unfortunately this is different. I didn't press any buttons at all during the cutscene, and when it loads to the part where you control Raynor, you don't get a HUD or any weapons, just fists. And the cyberdemon eventually kills you and the cycle repeats. I even sat there and let it kill me just to make sure pressing anything didn't screw it up, and it still does it.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Valherran wrote:I read that, and unfortunately this is different. I didn't press any buttons at all during the cutscene, and when it loads to the part where you control Raynor, you don't get a HUD or any weapons, just fists. And the cyberdemon eventually kills you and the cycle repeats. I even sat there and let it kill me just to make sure pressing anything didn't screw it up, and it still does it.
When you start the fight as Raynor, you need to press "1" to bring up his weapons. If you use changemap to skip the sequence, it becomes bugged and Dash has no hud. I suggest you save right before the fight starts, when Raynor says "it's time to have fun," so that you can safely reload if the cyberdemon kills you; you have to kill the bugger so the event finishes and the game begins properly.
leodoom85

Re: [RELEASE] Prodoomer V3 [GZDOOM 2.2.0]

Post by leodoom85 »

WHAT???? When this mod was updated? That's great...
PsychoSilverTH
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

leodoom85 wrote:WHAT???? When this mod was updated? That's great...
Yesterday :D
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

PsychoSilverTH wrote:
leodoom85 wrote:WHAT???? When this mod was updated? That's great...
Yesterday :D
Wena, descargando ahora... :D
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:
Valherran wrote:I read that, and unfortunately this is different. I didn't press any buttons at all during the cutscene, and when it loads to the part where you control Raynor, you don't get a HUD or any weapons, just fists. And the cyberdemon eventually kills you and the cycle repeats. I even sat there and let it kill me just to make sure pressing anything didn't screw it up, and it still does it.
When you start the fight as Raynor, you need to press "1" to bring up his weapons. If you use changemap to skip the sequence, it becomes bugged and Dash has no hud. I suggest you save right before the fight starts, when Raynor says "it's time to have fun," so that you can safely reload if the cyberdemon kills you; you have to kill the bugger so the event finishes and the game begins properly.
I reinstalled it and now it works, I guess I had a wrong version of something loaded in the folder.

Anyways, back to testing...
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

So much for getting my completion bonus... One of the rings in Map 25 glitched. I got all 3 but 1 is refusing to count as obtained. I went back through the map to see if it reappeared and it doesn't.
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Valherran wrote:So much for getting my completion bonus... One of the rings in Map 25 glitched. I got all 3 but 1 is refusing to count as obtained. I went back through the map to see if it reappeared and it doesn't.
"Did any of the rings you obtained have a different color?"
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

PsychoSilverTH wrote:
Valherran wrote:So much for getting my completion bonus... One of the rings in Map 25 glitched. I got all 3 but 1 is refusing to count as obtained. I went back through the map to see if it reappeared and it doesn't.
No, they have all been gold to my knowledge. Why would they be a different color?
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Valherran wrote:
PsychoSilverTH wrote:
No, they have all been gold to my knowledge. Why would they be a different color?
There are a few rings with a different color: Blue, red, cyan, and purple, and they don't show up in the rings menu.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Don't tell me there is a purpose for those rings, isn't it?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

PsychoSilverTH wrote:There are a few rings with a different color: Blue, red, cyan, and purple, and they don't show up in the rings menu.
Why are there other rings with different colors? What purpose do they serve?
When you collect them all, they unlock a secret weapon and I think Mobius? Or the other secret level, don't remember which. Either way, need to collect em to complete the game. And as mentioned before, you cannot obtain all the rings as you go, you will have to backtrack after you obtain certain abilities and upgrades.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Gotcha, that's cool. It adds more playability...
PsychoSilverTH

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

Valherran wrote:
PsychoSilverTH wrote:There are a few rings with a different color: Blue, red, cyan, and purple, and they don't show up in the rings menu.
Why are there other rings with different colors? What purpose do they serve?
When you collect them all, they unlock a secret weapon and I think Mobius? Or the other secret level, don't remember which. Either way, need to collect em to complete the game. And as mentioned before, you cannot obtain all the rings as you go, you will have to backtrack after you obtain certain abilities and upgrades.
I just tested your savegame, and you actually took 2 golden rings and the cyan ring. The missing ring, #47, is in the room by the blue arachnotrons, there's no glitch.

Regarding the colored rings, they're meant to better hide Mobius, and to be able to meet the requirements to unlock the Doomer Kannon.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

What cyan ring? All the rings I have seen are golden, where is the cyan ring supposed to be?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”