[RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: [RELEASE] Prodoomer V3.1 [GZDoom]

Post by Valherran »

albertoacv4498 wrote:I really hope they start working on DoomRPG again. If I understood correctly, it was abandonded for the moment.
Under new management.
albertoacv4498

Post by albertoacv4498 »

Valherran wrote:
albertoacv4498 wrote:I really hope they start working on DoomRPG again. If I understood correctly, it was abandonded for the moment.
Under new management.
Really? That's awesome! I really hope we'll get to see something soon.
Pisstepank

Post by Pisstepank »

Hello there! I was wondering if removing the movement tilt was possible ? I really dislike this feature. So is there any way to disable it ? I didn't found any option in parameters. Thank you in advance!
PsychoSilverTH
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by PsychoSilverTH »

This isn't a gameplay mod, it's a total conversion, and in a way similar to Blade of Agony, and Serpent Resurrection, it can't be used with other mods, ••••••••.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Except Serpent Resurrection has a stripped down version with only its gameplay components that's compatible with other mods. Would be cool to have a similar such thing for Prodoomer.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Lots of mods do, but that's no reason for anyone to make stripped-down versions of their mods (as much as I'd love that).
bjspartan0

Post by bjspartan0 »

I like it but is there a way to disable sidestep wobble in gzdoom its distracting me.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I launched it on 3.1.0, but I refused to start it, since I got a bit of an error:
Spoiler:
treos

Post by treos »

there, registered and i managed to guess the registration question correctly (why not a simple math problem instead?). good thing i know what cacodemons are though the baby plushy is a disturbing image to think of. >.>

anyway... do i need this GZDOOM thing to run this mod? i've never actually played DOOM for pc so i have no idea what to do (currently researching that) and there's hardly any information at all in the first post of this thread. no readme, no installation instructions, nothing particularly useful aside from that game breaking bug avoidance section.

edit: ok, turns out getting this stuff up and running wasn't that hard after all. though i have hit a pretty bad problem and that is the frame rate likes to take a dive in certain situations.

1. in the first stage of episode one, it drops noticeably when looking towards the middle of the forest.
2. i have to look away or enter an episode portal backwards as said portal causes a LOT of lag.
and just now, 3. the stage 2 boss fight... can't progress past it because once that red light starts flashing...you guessed it. the frame rate drops like an anvil and i'm lucky if i can hit it, let alone move properly.

but aside from those issues it runs great with no lag at all and if there is any, it's not anything major.
Tokoshoran

Post by Tokoshoran »

Am I supposed to be controlling Raynor for the Cyberdemon fight? I tried just not touching anything and it gives me control then I die really quick to Cyberdemon rocket spam.

Edit: I ask because in V2 it was just a cutscene. I managed to slay the thing anyways, though I saved as soon as the fight started after the first death so that I didn't have to watch that cutscene every time I died. Using rockets against a rocket using demon while in an enclosed space... Not the easiest of tasks.
Last edited by Tokoshoran on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

1. in the first stage of episode one, it drops noticeably when looking towards the middle of the forest.
2. i have to look away or enter an episode portal backwards as said portal causes a LOT of lag.
and just now, 3. the stage 2 boss fight... can't progress past it because once that red light starts flashing...you guessed it. the frame rate drops like an anvil and i'm lucky if i can hit it, let alone move properly.
Sounds like a hardware issue that can only be solved with an upgrade. I don't have this issue on my system and I've played this on multiple GZDoom builds and mod versions.
treos

Post by treos »

Valherran wrote:
Sounds like a hardware issue that can only be solved with an upgrade. I don't have this issue on my system and I've played this on multiple GZDoom builds and mod versions.

well, that's unfortunate as i'm locked to this old laptop till i, hopefully, can get a new computer (desktop this time) next year.

never did like laptops. oh, sure, they have the portability thing going for them but that's about all they have going for them. not much different from a game console in regards to there being very little to no upgrade options.

oh well, i went through and tinkered with the graphics settings and that helped with some things like the forest but after that i said "the heck with this" and used god mode till i got stuck in the next stage where you have to run into the base and hit a switch. well, i do that and the machine in the middle of the room raises up then...nothing. the soldiers from the beginning are still running around like a group of headless chicken and the guys outside finished killing the demons out there but i could find no keys or any way to progress so i'm thinking it might be bugged or something.
Tokoshoran

Post by Tokoshoran »

Hey, I'm encountering an issue with the music: It's not looping. I don't know if the tracks are just too short or if there's a setting I need to change--if it's the latter, what do I do to fix it?

Edit: A more serious problem: In E1M4, Lavamoss, I found a point where I could crouch and climb up into the area where the zombies were at to loot their drops, but if you're relying solely on crouchtoggle this is a softlock. Jumping will cancel your crouch, and you can't crouch again in midair. The only way out is to use hold-crouch controls and try a few times until you finally get out. May be worth pointing out using hold-crouch in the opening post if it's intended, or putting some bullet-only moss there if not.
treos

Post by treos »

ok, seriously... how do you do the 3rd map of episode 1? i go in, down the hall to the left, hit the switch, the machine in the middle of the room raises up and nothing happens. there's no key cards or anything that will let me progress.

what am i supposed to be doing on this map?

edit: also, i can't even cheat my way through this map because the idclip and idspispopd codes don't work so there's no noclip-ing through these locked doors. iddqd and idkfa as well as idbeholdA work but there doesn't seem to be any way through this lvl from what i can tell and yes, i've run around checking all the walls and only found the one secret where that computer thing leads to a short hallway.
Tokoshoran

Post by Tokoshoran »

treos wrote:ok, seriously... how do you do the 3rd map of episode 1? i go in, down the hall to the left, hit the switch, the machine in the middle of the room raises up and nothing happens. there's no key cards or anything that will let me progress.

what am i supposed to be doing on this map?

edit: also, i can't even cheat my way through this map because the idclip and idspispopd codes don't work so there's no noclip-ing through these locked doors. iddqd and idkfa as well as idbeholdA work but there doesn't seem to be any way through this lvl from what i can tell and yes, i've run around checking all the walls and only found the one secret where that computer thing leads to a short hallway.
That one took me a while to figure out, eventually I realized that when standing to the right of the switch pillar, I saw a yellow box on the pillar inside the fence. Shoot a fireball at that and GET OUT OF DODGE. Trust me, you'll take a lot of damage if you don't.

Also, definitely hotkey fireball. I use that more often than my guns, at least when it comes to the lower ranking demons.
Edit: Boy howdy, a real softlock this time!
In Map06, In the Rooftops (Night), there's a chain of boxes you just barely can't jump up. Well, novice sequence breaker that I am, I cheezed it using sandbags! Lo' and behold, I wind up on one of the tallest rooftops of the level, and am rewarded with grenades and rockets. Which I can't use. Oh dear. And even at a full sprint jump, I just barely miss the nearby buildings. I assume I wasn't supposed to be here until I unlocked these weapons? The box pillars may need to be taller to prevent sandbag cheeze, then.
---
Found an area that should probably just be a rapid damage zone http://imgur.com/a/bgJRE Using the hold-crouch trick I used to get out of a previous area, you can drop down inside of the area in these walls, only to find there's nothing there.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”