[WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Demo Updated

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Now with actual information!

Postby 0bsidian » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:27 am

agaures wrote:As a mapper. I would like to know how you come up with these amazing designs.
(What's your secret?!?!)

Hallucinogens. What else?

Also I loved Winter's Fury and I will betatest the shit out of this for you. :D Are you planning any bossfights? I know there's no guns and stuff, but I just love bossfights too much to not ask.
0bsidian
*Shrugs*

Postby Pyroscourge » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:05 am

agaures wrote:As a mapper. I would like to know how you come up with these amazing designs.

I always thought I would have some kind of profound answer to this question, but really, I just draw lines. And then texture them. And then I figure those textures need more lines, and hence the cycle continues.

Also, hallucinogens.
but not really

0bsidian wrote:Are you planning any bossfights? I know there's no guns and stuff, but I just love bossfights too much to not ask.

Boss fights? Don't be silly, it would end up ridiculously unbalanced and absolutely no fun at all. How could a mod with no guns, two or one hit deaths, and no conventional way to kill enemies possibly have-
Spoiler:
Pyroscourge
Remember me when you're gone.

Postby 0bsidian » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:37 am

Yeeeeeessssssss.

*Insert M. Bison picture here*
0bsidian
*Shrugs*

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Pyroscourge wrote:

I always thought I would have some kind of profound answer to this question, but really, I just draw lines. And then texture them. And then I figure those textures need more lines, and hence the cycle continues.

Also, hallucinogens.
but not really

0bsidian wrote:Are you planning any bossfights? I know there's no guns and stuff, but I just love bossfights too much to not ask.

Boss fights? Don't be silly, it would end up ridiculously unbalanced and absolutely no fun at all. How could a mod with no guns, two or one hit deaths, and no conventional way to kill enemies possibly have-
Spoiler:

Something static-y comes this way~!
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Re: [WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Demo Released

Postby Pyroscourge » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Pyroscourge wrote:So, if all goes according to plan, the demo should be out in like, the next few days.

Wow, 'next few days'? I really was on hallucinogens.

The important part is that I've finally finished the demo, and the download link is below. Please take the time to read about several important things before you do, as it may save your life.

- This mod is big. File size big. Much like Winter's Fury, I've taken full advantage of some of the features GZDoom gives you and that has caused a radical increase of file size. The UDMF format maps are pretty large too, surprisingly. Regardless, the ZIP file itself is almost 100MB, so make sure to download it knowing it can knock a bit off your monthly limit. I should add that the ridiculous file size isn't because of ludicrous mp3 additions, but because of other crucial aspects of the mod. I apologize in advance.

- This mod is big. Map size big. Which means once again, your frame rate will hurt sometimes, regardless of how good your system is. If you could comfortably play Winter's Fury (30+ FPS most of the time) then you should be able to play this.

- This is a mod based on the aspects of Horror. If you don't like the genre, you should play it anyway, and tell me what you think. I'm always open to suggestions and improvement, even though I'm horribly lazy and probably won't change anything but texture misalignments. You never know though! To emphasize further, this is survival horror, with less focus on the horror, and more on atmosphere. You don't get any guns and have regenerating health, so that probably knocks off about 70% of you guys. : P

Now that those important notes are done, there's some actual things I should tell you about the mod.

- For the demo, you're placed in a classic horror situation, and you've gotta work your way through a linear path of nonlinear maps. The real game will be more open world, and that should become obvious at the end of the demo. So take your time and explore, IF YOU DARE.

- The demo includes the entire 'Introduction' of the mod. Regularly, you'd be able to keep playing from the end of the intro, but that's where the demo will end. There is a ton of content to find. There is even a secret map, technically.

And I can't think of anything else. It's pretty self explanatory.

Alright, don't forget to tell me what you think of the mod after you've played. Or before you've played.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8sRXS ... sp=sharing

Screenshots below:
Spoiler:

Good luck.
Last edited by Pyroscourge on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pyroscourge

Postby 0bsidian » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Got this error in the latest version of GZDoom:

Script error, "Supernatural.wad:DEC--SFX" line 4048:
Unknown render style 'Subtract'
0bsidian
*Shrugs*

Postby Pyroscourge » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:17 pm

0bsidian wrote:Got this error in the latest version of GZDoom:

Script error, "Supernatural.wad:DEC--SFX" line 4048:
Unknown render style 'Subtract'

Are you running the latest SVN? I'm not sure exactly what it needs, since I just keep my GZDoom as updated as possible.
http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
Pyroscourge

Postby Ral22 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Is the game third-person and you just haven't made a player sprite yet? For some reason I'm in third-person (chase cam) and can't turn it off. Just want to be sure before I keep going with this game.
Ral22
stoneshipMapper

Postby Pyroscourge » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Ral22 wrote:Is the game third-person and you just haven't made a player sprite yet? For some reason I'm in third-person (chase cam) and can't turn it off. Just want to be sure before I keep going with this game.

The game is in first person, but there is no player sprites currently. Not sure how the third person cam happened, could be a bug?
Pyroscourge

Postby Ral22 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Huh… Something is up then. When I switch between first-person and chase cam, there is no difference, and I can tell the camera is behind the player and not being seen from his eyes. Let me mess with my settings, see if I'm the problem perhaps, then I'll get back to you if the issue persists.

EDIT: I can't seem to shut it off. The chase cam only takes effect when I play this wad and I can't turn it off, even through the console.
Last edited by Ral22 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ral22
stoneshipMapper

Postby 0bsidian » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:37 pm

*Loads up Supernatural.wad*

I'm gonna have to play this at night, I can't see shit. XD I'll get back to you in about 8 hours.
0bsidian
*Shrugs*

Postby Pyroscourge » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Ral22 wrote:EDIT: I can't seem to shut it off. The chase cam only takes effect when I play this wad and I can't turn it off, even through the console.

That is really odd. Is anybody else getting third person cameras? I'm not, and I can freely turn mine on and off if I want to. Please take the time to test this if you have it downloaded.
Pyroscourge

Postby Ral22 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:55 pm

I seem to have found the issue. Playing with "Death Camera" ON causes the issue. I turned it off and it went straight to first person. Pyroscourage, you'll definitely want to make a not of that to people who download it.
Ral22
stoneshipMapper

Postby Pyroscourge » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Ral22 wrote:I seem to have found the issue. Playing with "Death Camera" ON causes the issue. I turned it off and it went straight to first person. Pyroscourage, you'll definitely want to make a not of that to people who download it.

Wow, that's unique. Must be because of the hacky way I made the damage system work. Thanks for finding this Ral22, I'll make a note above.
Pyroscourge

Postby Ral22 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:06 pm

I hate to make yet another thing, but I was unable to run (I could move, but Auto-run or shift did not work) or pick up items. I thought about the reason why the "Death Camera" might have caused an issue, which led me to check the Player's decorate. I believe the Insanely high amount of health given to the player caused the player to be "undead" (The game recognized it as dead, leaving me unable to run, pick up items, and causing the death camera to activate). I lowered the health to 999, just as a test, and it confirmed my suspicion; all the issues that were happening was due to the insanely high amount of health. While I am sure this might not bother others' GZDooms, I believe the issues stems from using the GZDoom for Macs, which I am using.

That being the case, does setting the health to 999 cause any sort of incompatibility with Supernatural? Does the health need to be so tremendously high for a specific reason? I'm well aware that it needs to be over 100, due to the new damage system incorporated into this game.
Ral22
stoneshipMapper

PreviousNext

Return to Levels