2 Music Videos

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

2 Music Videos

Postby Doomguy 2000 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:30 pm

This idea is something experimental I decided to try out for myself. I was going to do 3 music videos, but due to the lack of interest and slow progress, I have decided to just stick with two. One of them is a fanmade video while the other one is an official video. It's recommended that you run this wad in the software render because it makes the videos seem less choppy and they run smoother.

Spoiler:

Of course there's always the download link for those interested:
http://www.doomguy2000.com/uploads/2/7/ ... usvids.zip

idgames link
Last edited by Doomguy 2000 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doomguy 2000
Τηε Λεγενδ

Re: 2 Music Videos

Postby BloodyAcid » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Ouch, palette rape.
BloodyAcid
sucky sucky go lucky

Postby Trooper 077 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Jesus 57 MB's?
Trooper 077
Problem Solver

Postby 0bsidian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 am

Hmm...57 megabytes does seem a bit hefty, but it's certainly an interesting idea. I recall Action Doom had a decent bit of cutscene stuff, so it might be worth giving that a look.
0bsidian
*Shrugs*

Postby Doomguy 2000 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:01 pm

0bsidian wrote:Hmm...57 megabytes does seem a bit hefty, but it's certainly an interesting idea. I recall Action Doom had a decent bit of cutscene stuff, so it might be worth giving that a look.

Yeah if I have wanted to do more videos, that would require more unnecessary boring work and the size would be much larger. Action Doom had some cutscene stuff, but nothing like I have done here before.
Doomguy 2000
Τηε Λεγενδ

Postby Trooper 077 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:12 pm

I will say its much better than your other projects. I'll say that much, But I don't see the point of the mod, It's definately an improvement though and shows your trying which is a good thing
Trooper 077
Problem Solver

Postby RV-007 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Now, it's time to see how it can be used. I wonder if a title map or title video would have its own uses.
RV-007
anti-13ashar_society, lol
Banned User

Postby wildweasel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:58 pm

RV-007 wrote:Now, it's time to see how it can be used. I wonder if a title map or title video would have its own uses.

I'm going to argue that no, adding ~50 MB to the filesize of a mod or conversion that takes up less than half of that in total would be more an annoyance to the player.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Doomguy 2000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 am

wildweasel wrote:
RV-007 wrote:Now, it's time to see how it can be used. I wonder if a title map or title video would have its own uses.

I'm going to argue that no, adding ~50 MB to the filesize of a mod or conversion that takes up less than half of that in total would be more an annoyance to the player.

Not only that, but it would also take longer to open up the menu and stuff. Updated first post with idgames link.
Doomguy 2000
Τηε Λεγενδ

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects