POSSEST

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

POSSEST

Postby zygo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Untitled-2.png
This mod will be used for the GZDOOM engine. It will have dynamic lights, Bloom, Brightmaps and 3D models.
This mod will feature fresh content such as BGM/SFX, textures, sprites and voice acting.
It will be single player only, but will MAYBE feature a death match arena.

STORY / CHARACTERS BIOS / MISCELLANEOUS
Spoiler:
WEAPONS
Spoiler:
ITEMS & INVENTORY ITEMS
Spoiler:
MONSTERS
Spoiler:
MUSIC
Music of the game can be found on this playlist on my youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all

PROGRESSION
Animating bloody Mary..
MONSTERS: 10%
GUNS: 5%
ITEMS: 0%
LEVELS: 1%
MUSIC: 10%
DIALOG: 0%
CUTSCENES: 0%

HELP NEEDED!!!!
I need help with voice acting, and digital art for cutscenes... Contact me at z-y-g-o@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested. Thanks.

DOWNLOAD
COMING NOT SO SOON ...
Last edited by zygo on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:44 am, edited 101 times in total.
zygo
Banned User

Re: POSSEST

Postby Nash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Nice models. I don't think GZDoom supports specularity maps.
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Gez » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:00 pm

I'd suggest dropping the all-caps in the title and fixing some spelling mistakes (Possessed, Virgil, Valentine...).
Gez

Postby rsl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 pm

It's great to finally see an official presentation of this mod on the forums! :D
I have been a fan and player of the original ZDOOM version - mostly excellent BTW. I am definitely eager to see what will you create with this version. Good job, and good luck! :wink:
rsl
Thou-Fart-A-ShiteMeister!

Postby zygo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Gez wrote:I'd suggest dropping the all-caps in the title and fixing some spelling mistakes (Possessed, Virgil, Valentine...).

Firstly 'possest' is a old english spelling... it was intended that way so dont correct me on that -_-
and yes the names are spelt incorrectly and will change those now thank you :)
Last edited by zygo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zygo
Banned User

Postby Doom64hunter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

I assume it's an update of this mod right here?

A "Let's play" is the only thing I could find, as you seem to have closed your channel.
But that in the video looks promising enough already, as well as the models you posted. Looking forward to seeing more.
Doom64hunter
Eh.

Postby zygo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Doom64hunter wrote:I assume it's an update of this mod right here?

A "Let's play" is the only thing I could find, as you seem to have closed your channel.
But that in the video looks promising enough already, as well as the models you posted. Looking forward to seeing more.

Yes indeed, thats the one. im basicaly remaking the game with fresh content rather than using some recycled sprites :)
zygo
Banned User

Postby insightguy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Never thought that I'd see the day this gets continued.........keep it up!
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

Postby Gothic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Nice to see this isn't death, I already played this and Classic Rivalry, the only thing that bother me is the lack of brightness on projectiles and special effects, will it be fixed in the next release? :)
Gothic
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand ZScript.

Discord: #1462

Postby zygo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Gothic wrote:Nice to see this isn't death, I already played this and Classic Rivalry, the only thing that bother me is the lack of brightness on projectiles and special effects, will it be fixed in the next release? :)

Yes, in this reboot il be using the GL_BLOOM effects (which the user will have a choice of removing). Brightmaps to give a further detailed look to explosions and weapon fire. And dynamic lighting which i will apply to fire and explosions ect :)
zygo
Banned User

Postby Ctrl+Alt+Destroy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 pm

The original possest was pretty good. Although rather difficult. Glad to see this getting a reboot. :)
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:31 am

Looks nice... never played the original, whole thing looks kinda like Blood, if it were something you wouldn't be embarrassed to be caught playing as an adult. ::crucified::

(And I've apparently learned a new word... now to unlearn the pronunciation in my head, which is as though the word meant "more poss than all others".)

Also, I really wish the Let's Play'er would like not speak in that video or something. x_x
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Weavaloid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:52 am

Nice to see this project going on still! :D
Though, can you explain to me why a mummy fits in the whole dark non-desert world?
To me it kinda seems out of place, but that's my oppinion.

Also thanks to the person who pasted one of my let's play video in this topic! 8-)
Vaecrius wrote:Also, I really wish the Let's Play'er would like not speak in that video or something. x_x

What's wrong with my voice? 8D
Weavaloid

Postby zygo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 am

Weavaloid wrote:Nice to see this project going on still! :D
Though, can you explain to me why a mummy fits in the whole dark non-desert world?
To me it kinda seems out of place, but that's my oppinion.

Thanks buddy, when entering in the 'cemetery of the dead', youl notice that many coffins are scattered around the tomb. The dead mummified bodies (previous occult leaders and prophets) are reserved for ressurection when the occult bring forth there god. They are also set to protect the tomb from intruders. But due to St.victor (The Protagonist) interfiering with there plans they awaken half dead to stop you. Sometihng like that :)
zygo
Banned User

Postby CeeJay » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:28 pm

What's "bloom"?
CeeJay

Next

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects