Carson City Wad.. try it!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Carson City Wad.. try it!

Postby darkwyder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:43 pm

This is one of the first wads i've made for Zdoom... it contains 5 maps in the urban style of Duke Nukem 3D... please check it out and tell me what you think.. :)

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6jxuchc514u08pc#!
darkwyder

Re: Carson City Wad.. try it!

Postby Sergeant_Mark_IV » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Seems cool. Downloading now.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Worse than Hitler.
Banned User

Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Postby grouchbag » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 pm

That looks great!Willplay tonight. That was a whole lot of fun! :D :D :D
Last edited by grouchbag on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
grouchbag

Postby Ed the Bat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:08 pm

I like the maps. I've always loved urban maps that actually looked like cities.

I'm a little confused, though. The intro said there are only monsters now, yet I frequently battle humans in black armor. Where did they come from?

EDIT: Spotted a couple of bugs. The freeze rifle turns into a plasma rifle when I put it away. Also, trying to run back through the entry point in Carson City South triggers a map exit line, which leads to a fatal crash.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby darkwyder » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Ed the Bat wrote:I like the maps. I've always loved urban maps that actually looked like cities.

I'm a little confused, though. The intro said there are only monsters now, yet I frequently battle humans in black armor. Where did they come from?

EDIT: Spotted a couple of bugs. The freeze rifle turns into a plasma rifle when I put it away. Also, trying to run back through the entry point in Carson City South triggers a map exit line, which leads to a fatal crash.

The humans in black armor were zombified... naaaah... the truth is it had a different story plot at the beginning.. either way.. my mistake :?
I didn't realize about the exit line and the freeze riffle... I'll look into that.
Gotta say this wad has passed through lots of modifications.. even total rebuild of the maps and the scripts.. i'll check it out more carefully.
darkwyder

Postby Ed the Bat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Aside from those small issues, I thought it was a very solid poject. The maps were really nicely done. Some spelling/grammar errors here and there on the decorations, but they didn't really do anything to hurt the gameplay.

I definitely approve. :)
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby RV-007 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:14 am

I like it. It's a city, and it works on my computer (lag-free). I like it. I like squashing those damn cars. The advertisement references are cool (although, you can make fun of them). Smashing windows, brilliant, but I need more things to smash (e.g. trash bins, lamps, doors, bushes, rails, glass cups, windows, and so on). I actually got stuck on the map w/ KFC (can't find the red key or blue door). Some traps are a bit cheap (I don't have a hint [e.g. electric surge and new pit falls]). The map titles seem to show the rescue team is trapped in the city center, whom they need rescuing (unless I was going north).

You can probably add improvements in some wall/texture variations (e.g. girl images can be different [unless she is a celebrity]). You can use those duke3d dancer sprites for the disco or theatre. Putting sniper monsters would be cool. WolfensteinSS is missing. More bridges, more blimps, and sewers. Panicking civilians running from a cyberdemon w/ Thing_Hate,#3 on them sounds fun. Using cameras, computers, and ripping items off shelves is extra.

That's all I could think of for now.
RV-007
anti-13ashar_society, lol
Banned User

Return to Levels