[WIP] Nitemare 3D Reborn (Halted)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LostSkull

Re: [WIP] Nitemare 3D Reborn

Post by LostSkull »

Sorry to revive this thread but I got so overjoyed that others even knows about this game and even tries to port it over to ZDoom
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

The mode is missing some objects and monsters. Mod is not complete, neither monster does not have an score points. Further crystalballs and balleyes Jews pick up but after switching maps does not do anything. Ive been deducted from my game after a short time small amount crystall balls, but that number has not changed.
Personally, I wonder how to create a kind of monsters under the names Dancers.

It is a 3 friends who are then changed to enemies. The actor Dancers occurs only on the map E1M9 and in episode2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbF3vTDzm1A
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i know this thread got bumped and all, but i'm curious about the MIDI that plays in the OP's video. it's not the same MIDI that is from the original game, i think. is it an edited version of the song?
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Aye, it's clearly a remixed version of the original tune
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i know this thread got bumped and all, but i'm curious about the MIDI that plays in the OP's video. it's not the same MIDI that is from the original game, i think. is it an edited version of the song?
It sounds like the windows version of the song.

There are 2 versions of the game: windows and dos.
Viscra Maelstrom

D00mfan wrote:
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i know this thread got bumped and all, but i'm curious about the MIDI that plays in the OP's video. it's not the same MIDI that is from the original game, i think. is it an edited version of the song?

interesting, so the Windows version of the game had different instruments/arrangements of all the game's songs?
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

I had no idea there is two versions lol
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:
D00mfan wrote:

interesting, so the Windows version of the game had different instruments/arrangements of all the game's songs?
Yeah it does, the other difference in the windows version, is that some of the monsters and the status face have different sprites, and look more 3D.
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

What node builder did you use for making this?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Dog gone it I thought there was an update! Why would you bump the thread like that? You can't ask about node builders anywhere else?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1166y ... mare3D.wad

Now that I finally have a working computer again, I can make updates. This isn't much, it just gives you score when you kill enemies (based on the original score values) but hopefully it'll serve to show that this project isn't dead yet.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Hooray :D
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I finally got back to work on this and I came up with a couple of ideas;

Dracula as a sort of boss, he moves fast and has a melee attack that does a lot of damage as well as conjures in bats. I wanted to make the melee attack heal him so it's like he's draining your blood but I couldn't figure out how. When dead, he spawns 3 Dracula Bats that are much tougher than ordinary bats. Basically, he's like a Pain Elemental.

Cloning Machines that spawn in clones of Hugo. This one spawns in ones holding Blasters but they'll move up to Wands and Pistols. I could also make a boss Clone that has a ton of health and the Hyperblaster.

I also had the idea of potion powers, such as one that temporarily gives Hugo immortality and a very strong melee attack, based on Mr.Hyde.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Awesome!
Viscra Maelstrom

i'm still eyeballing this. i have a soft spot for the game, even though it's horrendously balanced.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”