Doom: The Golden Souls ["Even More Definitive Edition" OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls ["Even More Definitive Edition" O

Postby irajacobs » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:03 pm

This is fantastic, thanks for all the hard work! I'm in the Space Ghost House and can't get past the
Spoiler:
- any tips?

Edit: friend showed me
Spoiler:
. Thanks!
irajacobs

Postby Mr Masker » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:02 am

Hello this might sound like a wierd request but is it possible to make some sort of moddb,drive etc download for this? seeing as the second game is on ModDB and i sometimes have a bit of ad trouble with Mediafire it would be nice to have that. thanks
Mr Masker

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Just get an ad blocker.
thedeathrunner123
Slowly helping with the demon infestation.

Discord: thedeathrunner123#1366
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:25 pm

thedeathrunner123 wrote:Just get an ad blocker.

Doesn't always work, from my experience; Mediafire likes to somehow slip pop-unders in when all other attempts at showing ads have failed.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Captain J » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:57 pm

Or even better: Don't click on any ad once you click the download button. If a popup comes out, close it. Mediafire is quite annoying with such advertising, but it's harmless as long as you ignore them.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Batandy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:47 am

Mr Masker wrote:Hello this might sound like a wierd request but is it possible to make some sort of moddb,drive etc download for this? seeing as the second game is on ModDB and i sometimes have a bit of ad trouble with Mediafire it would be nice to have that. thanks

No problem, I've been wanting to migrate to itch.io for a while, so I think it's about time I start uploading there.

https://batandy.itch.io/goldensouls

Enjoy!
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"

Postby Mr Masker » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 am

seriously thanks my guy this is much appreciated. I wasnt really expecting such a positive bunch of replies so i appreciate it! :mrgreen:
Mr Masker

Postby CYNICAL » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:53 pm

Captain J wrote:Or even better: Don't click on any ad once you click the download button. If a popup comes out, close it. Mediafire is quite annoying with such advertising, but it's harmless as long as you ignore them.

cap'n i found an easy way to bypass the ads when downloading off mediafire. right click on the download link and then open the link on a new tab when i do that it bypasses the annoying popup ads. that's how i deal with the intrusive ads
CYNICAL

Postby Batandy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:27 am

CYNICAL wrote:
Captain J wrote:Or even better: Don't click on any ad once you click the download button. If a popup comes out, close it. Mediafire is quite annoying with such advertising, but it's harmless as long as you ignore them.

cap'n i found an easy way to bypass the ads when downloading off mediafire. right click on the download link and then open the link on a new tab when i do that it bypasses the annoying popup ads. that's how i deal with the intrusive ads

Regarding mediafire, just use uBlock Origin, you won't see any kind of popups.
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"

Postby wildweasel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:55 am

Batandy wrote:Regarding mediafire, just use uBlock Origin, you won't see any kind of popups.

See, there's the thing: I do. It'll appear ad-free, until I have clicked the download link and tried to close the tab - then it spawns a new tab with an ad in it. To date, I have not found a uBlock filtering rule that gets rid of those.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Mr Masker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:20 am

it seems theres not exactly a complete answer to the problem
Mr Masker

Postby Nems » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:27 am

Regarding Mediafire: what I've been doing alongside using adblockers and UBlock Origin is right clicking on the download link and choosing the "Save Link As..." option. Haven't got a pop-up or pop-under yet. This is on Firefox though so I dunno how it would work on other browsers. Hope this helps and works for others.
Nems
Shitpost living

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Mr Masker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:38 am

the only adblock i have right now is the one called Adblock is this adblock true to its name?
Mr Masker

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects