Page 6 of 55

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 am
by Batandy
Tormentor667 wrote:I am so in love :)


Thank you tormentor, it's such an honour to hear those words from you, since i've really enjoyed your "Torment and torture" wads :)

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:37 am
by Batandy
Sorry for the lack of progress, i spent the whole month modelling weapons for TF2, but now, i can finally continue my mod!

Image
Image

Introducing the Automatic shotgun!
This bad boy has a very fast rate of fire, and can fire 8 shots before reloading (you can reload manually with the alt fire key) but the bullets do less damage than the over and under, and it has got a way bigger spread

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 am
by Captain J
oh god!
i'm glad to see you're back in project right now!
keep it go on, this wad should not be stopped! :D

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:57 am
by Matt
Automatic shotgun
:(

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 am
by Amuscaria
You, good sir, have just inspired me to start Doom modding once again. :D

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am
by twinkieman93
Vaecrius wrote:
Automatic shotgun
:(

I think he meant to say semi-automatic. I can't be sure, but I for one have never seen an automatic shotgun that didn't have detachable magazines. I blame L4D and L4D2 for calling the Tier 2 shotty the "auto shotty".

On that same note, the barrel for the new shotty looks really narrow. Like it's more like a BB gun than an actual firearm.

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 am
by Matt
It looks narrower from the side than from the top.

But my objection is that a rapid-fire shotgun is not going to do the gameplay any favours, esp. if either it's better in every way (so you never use the o/u ever again) or if it's weaker (so you've got an unconvincingly weak gun).

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 pm
by Batandy
Vaecrius wrote:It looks narrower from the side than from the top.

But my objection is that a rapid-fire shotgun is not going to do the gameplay any favours, esp. if either it's better in every way (so you never use the o/u ever again) or if it's weaker (so you've got an unconvincingly weak gun).


It's a side grade, since the over and under is great for shooting enemies at long range, the new shotgun offers a big rate of fire, but it's pratically useless at long range, since only 2 or 3 bullets will hit the target

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:31 pm
by SamVision
The shotgun looks completely different when it is at rest and being lifted.
Spoiler:

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:32 pm
by Triple S
Batandy wrote:Sorry for the lack of progress, i spent the whole month modelling weapons for TF2


Oh? Do tell.

Hopefully it's an over-under shotgun! I love those things.

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:36 pm
by Batandy
SamVision wrote:The shotgun looks completely different when it is at rest and being lifted.
Spoiler:


Honestly i think the current sprite's fine, i just need to fix the narrow barrel

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 pm
by iSpook
Triple S wrote:
Batandy wrote:Sorry for the lack of progress, i spent the whole month modelling weapons for TF2


Oh? Do tell.

Hopefully it's an over-under shotgun! I love those things.


Yes, please do tell. Oh and it's nice to see that you're working on this again, this project's quite awesome.

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:42 pm
by Captain J
well, in his youtube channel, there's got few of weapon skins including a serious sam weapon based skins!
and my innermost awesome skin he made is a double barreled sniper rifle.
i think that gun should be a single barreled, but i like it for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Batandy
take a look! i was already subscribed his channel!

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:32 am
by Batandy
Captain J wrote:well, in his youtube channel, there's got few of weapon skins including a serious sam weapon based skins!
and my innermost awesome skin he made is a double barreled sniper rifle.
i think that gun should be a single barreled, but i like it for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Batandy
take a look! i was already subscribed his channel!

Do not subscribe to that channel, i don't use it anymore, subscribe to the channel with the Golden Souls trailer ( http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkxCO4osk_uBDEHqQ83Xviw ),it has got videos reuploaded from the old channel, and newer videos. Anyway, the last Tf2 stuff i've made is the "energized gear" set for the Engineer, check it out on the workshop ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1360789029 )

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Beta Released]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:38 am
by Captain J
oh i got that, many thanks!