Doom: The Golden Souls ["Even More Definitive Edition" OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irajacobs

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls ["Even More Definitive Edition" O

Post by irajacobs »

This is fantastic, thanks for all the hard work! I'm in the Space Ghost House and can't get past the
Spoiler:
- any tips?

Edit: friend showed me
Spoiler:
. Thanks!
Mr Masker

Post by Mr Masker »

Hello this might sound like a wierd request but is it possible to make some sort of moddb,drive etc download for this? seeing as the second game is on ModDB and i sometimes have a bit of ad trouble with Mediafire it would be nice to have that. thanks
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

Just get an ad blocker.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

thedeathrunner123 wrote:Just get an ad blocker.
Doesn't always work, from my experience; Mediafire likes to somehow slip pop-unders in when all other attempts at showing ads have failed.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Or even better: Don't click on any ad once you click the download button. If a popup comes out, close it. Mediafire is quite annoying with such advertising, but it's harmless as long as you ignore them.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Mr Masker wrote:Hello this might sound like a wierd request but is it possible to make some sort of moddb,drive etc download for this? seeing as the second game is on ModDB and i sometimes have a bit of ad trouble with Mediafire it would be nice to have that. thanks
No problem, I've been wanting to migrate to itch.io for a while, so I think it's about time I start uploading there.

https://batandy.itch.io/goldensouls

Enjoy!
Mr Masker

Post by Mr Masker »

seriously thanks my guy this is much appreciated. I wasnt really expecting such a positive bunch of replies so i appreciate it! :mrgreen:
CYNICAL

Post by CYNICAL »

Captain J wrote:Or even better: Don't click on any ad once you click the download button. If a popup comes out, close it. Mediafire is quite annoying with such advertising, but it's harmless as long as you ignore them.
cap'n i found an easy way to bypass the ads when downloading off mediafire. right click on the download link and then open the link on a new tab when i do that it bypasses the annoying popup ads. that's how i deal with the intrusive ads
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

CYNICAL wrote:
Captain J wrote:Or even better: Don't click on any ad once you click the download button. If a popup comes out, close it. Mediafire is quite annoying with such advertising, but it's harmless as long as you ignore them.
cap'n i found an easy way to bypass the ads when downloading off mediafire. right click on the download link and then open the link on a new tab when i do that it bypasses the annoying popup ads. that's how i deal with the intrusive ads
Regarding mediafire, just use uBlock Origin, you won't see any kind of popups.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Batandy wrote:Regarding mediafire, just use uBlock Origin, you won't see any kind of popups.
See, there's the thing: I do. It'll appear ad-free, until I have clicked the download link and tried to close the tab - then it spawns a new tab with an ad in it. To date, I have not found a uBlock filtering rule that gets rid of those.
Mr Masker

Post by Mr Masker »

it seems theres not exactly a complete answer to the problem
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Regarding Mediafire: what I've been doing alongside using adblockers and UBlock Origin is right clicking on the download link and choosing the "Save Link As..." option. Haven't got a pop-up or pop-under yet. This is on Firefox though so I dunno how it would work on other browsers. Hope this helps and works for others.
Mr Masker

Post by Mr Masker »

the only adblock i have right now is the one called Adblock is this adblock true to its name?
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

As someone who's loved the mario titles for decades and found a new love for doom, this legit gave me tears of nostalgia almost every level. I can't believe the colorful happy worlds and bubbly music of the mario games could fit so seamlessly with the obsessive blood fueled demon murder that surrounds doom, slammed through this one and the second and I'm way too damn excited for the third!

(don't overwork yourself though, obviously. :D )
shaodoomkahn
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by shaodoomkahn »

what's so new about this even more definitive edition ?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”