Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Marine The Raccoon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:08 am

Hello fellow doomers! I'm Marine The Raccoon aka (Marine Rings,Theqmayn)
I'm here to show you an cool/odd Doom wad made by Me and Cacodemontube!

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLWHWlRucw

The download link of the demo is included in the video discription.

I hope most of you like this mod. There's been ALOT of effort trown in it (even it's not done yet) But still have a look :)

If there's something in the mod you don't like or whatever. Then Criticism is welcome. We will try to improve that in the next preview release!

(This mod has nothing related to that older youtube poop doom mod. Instead it's completely different!)
User avatar
Marine The Raccoon
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2012

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Enjay » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:19 am

Marine The Raccoon wrote:ALOT


http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk ... thing.html

The video looks interesting. Haven't tried the WAD yet.
User avatar
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain
 
 
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Scotland

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby mallo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:41 am

This is not the first time I think of something, and then BAM, somebody makes the same thing. :S

Looks good.
User avatar
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.
 
Joined: 22 May 2010
Location: Once upon a land in a far off time

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Nightfall » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:55 am

Enjay wrote:
Marine The Raccoon wrote:ALOT


http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk ... thing.html

The video looks interesting. Haven't tried the WAD yet.

How do you have an Alot of effort? o.O
User avatar
Nightfall
 
Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Location: Finland

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Doomguy 2000 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Well some of the monsters are missing replacement sprites from what I have seen. The monsters I'm talking about are Demon, Cacodemon, and Revenant. The demo was mostly too easy with little challenge until I found a secret in Hyrule Tech-Base. I can remember what the enemies are since I was busy taking cover, but they can take away so much health with a few bullets. Plus the weapons you start out with have infinite ammo so using the super shotgun was unnecessary.
User avatar
Doomguy 2000
Τηε Λεγενδ
 
Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Location: Undisclosed Location, United States

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Marine The Raccoon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Doomguy 2000 wrote:Well some of the monsters are missing replacement sprites from what I have seen. The monsters I'm talking about are Demon, Cacodemon, and Revenant. The demo was mostly too easy with little challenge until I found a secret in Hyrule Tech-Base. I can remember what the enemies are since I was busy taking cover, but they can take away so much health with a few bullets. Plus the weapons you start out with have infinite ammo so using the super shotgun was unnecessary.


Yea I know :)

Damn you are the best user I know! You are the first ever person who gives critism about something good! (All the others are just nagging about annoying sounds) I understand what you are saying.

But still.... I want to reply to your questions.

The missing enemy rotations. Will not be finished. becuase if you look at the sprites in XWE.... they are so awful.
The sprites need to be remaked. I'm starting with luigi's sprites. Since he has the oldest sprites and the most ugly ones.

And about the easy thing. It a kinda... a... Well difficult to explain. But from map01 to map05 the game needs to be extremely easy. So that the user thinks : Oh man.... Who can't beat this? my four year old brother can even do this!!!! but when Map06 starts..... The game slowly gets insane with diffculty....

So yea it's kinda like a joke :p

And also about the supershotgun thingy..... It's not scripted yet. We are trying to make the weapons Extremely strong. (Including the supershotgun) So in final release. We expect that the shotgun and pistol will be the weakest weapons in the game. Well... You kan kinda see it as an bug... that hasn't been fixed yet.

But thanks for giving critism!!! Now we are trying to improve more :D
User avatar
Marine The Raccoon
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2012

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby mallo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WH_fX92510
Didn't played yet, but enemy ideas:
* Morshu, that throws BOOOMBS at you and can tie you using ROPES.
* Gwonam could say "Squadala!" at rush at you. (And rip through you)
* WEEGEE that... well... says some creepy things and casts you, and...
One of Boss Levels could be the magic Labirynth of I. M. Meen!

Oh, downloaded already!

Two Sonic the Hedgehog characters made me kinda mad... (I dislike Sonic) He's King HARKINIAN!

And now my thoughts when i were playing this:
Ahh, some fresh air... (The sprites really needs update, they are horrible!) Stupid LUIGI's. And... DAUGHTER! I'll SAVE you. Oh wait... It's too late. Meh. I wonder what Mah Boi is doing...
(Fist is too high. Don't give it drugs anymore. The car could look more like that from "The King buys a car" or something like that.)
Hanging is Illegal, you know?
...How the heck there is 3 dead bodies of The King, if I am The King? Nevermind. Hey, nice slogan! "For breakfast, for dinner, for you." Great one!

ZDoom crasher in half of second level. Anyways, YTP is meme itself, and shouldn't use other memes.

Rating: 3 Dinners. The graphics are ugly. Blearrgh.
User avatar
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.
 
Joined: 22 May 2010
Location: Once upon a land in a far off time

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Marine The Raccoon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 am

mallo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WH_fX92510
Didn't played yet, but enemy ideas:
* Morshu, that throws BOOOMBS at you and can tie you using ROPES.
* Gwonam could say "Squadala!" at rush at you. (And rip through you)
* WEEGEE that... well... says some creepy things and casts you, and...
One of Boss Levels could be the magic Labirynth of I. M. Meen!

Oh, downloaded already!

Two Sonic the Hedgehog characters made me kinda mad... (I dislike Sonic) He's King HARKINIAN!

And now my thoughts when i were playing this:
Ahh, some fresh air... (The sprites really needs update, they are horrible!) Stupid LUIGI's. And... DAUGHTER! I'll SAVE you. Oh wait... It's too late. Meh. I wonder what Mah Boi is doing...
(Fist is too high. Don't give it drugs anymore. The car could look more like that from "The King buys a car" or something like that.)
Hanging is Illegal, you know?
...How the heck there is 3 dead bodies of The King, if I am The King? Nevermind. Hey, nice slogan! "For breakfast, for dinner, for you." Great one!

ZDoom crasher in half of second level. Anyways, YTP is meme itself, and shouldn't use other memes.

Rating: 3 Dinners. The graphics are ugly. Blearrgh.


Uhmm.... You probably didn't understand the meaning of the sprites. But don't worry. It's my fault that I didn't explained it on the blog.

Those sprites of luigi,mario,link,demon are indeed horrible. But I didn't make those. My friend did. And those sprites are more than 2 years old.

They are gonna be remaked.

And those 3 dead king harkinian bodies lying in map01? That's a prototype bug. My friend originally started making that map 1 year ago. It looked awful. So I decided to remake it with grass and stuff. And of course more polygons. Becuase 1 year ago youtube poop doom just had 1 class. King harkinian.

Anyway. I forgot to remove it.... I will do that Right now!

Sonic characters? Yea Sonic himself isn't my favorite character too. (Annoyingly fast and weak.) What are do you exactly mean by Sonic is king harkinian?

But ain't marine the raccoon cute :) (Rings)

But much sprites are missing animations/Rotations... They need to be maked.

The name is also a prototype. We are thinking of something more original. Something like meme adventure instead of youtube poop doom adventure.

But I hope you enjoyed the mod! I did alot of effort remaking textures that my friend maked. (Seriously he has no texture making skills!)
User avatar
Marine The Raccoon
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2012

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby mallo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:53 am

About King I meant that his name in class selection menu was just "King". Man, that sound lame!
And now, i think Mah post will sound much better after I'll add screenshots.
And what about enemies? I can even do some DECORATE prototype. :P (But sadly, i think in 2 diemensions, so my sprites would be front-sided only. Kinda like my Donkey Kong.)
User avatar
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.
 
Joined: 22 May 2010
Location: Once upon a land in a far off time

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Marine The Raccoon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:35 am

mallo wrote:About King I meant that his name in class selection menu was just "King". Man, that sound lame!
And now, i think Mah post will sound much better after I'll add screenshots.
And what about enemies? I can even do some DECORATE prototype. :P (But sadly, i think in 2 diemensions, so my sprites would be front-sided only. Kinda like my Donkey Kong.)


The name??? C'mon.... Do you really think I can't come up with something better than king?

It's becuase of limits. When you name a player class with numbers or space or signs like : ,.212343^%&*% etc.

The bots will be glitched up. That's a bug. And it should be fixed!(In a newer version of zandronum) So sadly I can't name it different. Or I gotta name it Kingharkinian. Instead of King harkinian. That's pretty stupid. If we would type without space then it would look like this : Hellohowareyoudoing?

And bots are an important part of the game. It's a way I and other people can test the power of each class. I already know that E-102 Gamma is overpowered so I'm gonna make him slower or something.

And about the enemies. I'll rather have shitty sprites. Then I one direction or 2 direction sprites. I mean that's just boring and unrealistic. It reminds me to wolfenstein 3d bosses (Not that I'm saying wolfenstein 3d is a bad game. I like it)

If it's a enemy for a minor role like a secret enemy or something then I don't mind. But if it's an enemy which appears like 124974 times in a game... It should have more then just 1 rotation. And 2d sprites (1 rotation) are also much used in jokewads. So sorry no.

But I'm already remaking the luigi sprites. And I'm almost halfway. So it's going well.

I'm also making much of the sounds less loud. For example. Luigi's spaghetti sound is WAY too loud. And a little bit annoying too! So I'm making sounds less loud.

But after all what I said. The worst part is that I have to do it all alone. No developers who helps me anymore. (Cacodemontube wants to but his spriting skills are poor.... He's the one who maked all the old sprites from luigi,Mario,link,alan,Gwonam,morshu.
User avatar
Marine The Raccoon
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2012

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby mallo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:14 am

Zandronum's bots sucks. I mean, they were just running in circles and didn't even tried to shoot at me.

And the sprites were just for show. I have no graphical talents. Sadly.
User avatar
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.
 
Joined: 22 May 2010
Location: Once upon a land in a far off time

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Marine The Raccoon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 am

mallo wrote:Zandronum's bots sucks. I mean, they were just running in circles and didn't even tried to shoot at me.

And the sprites were just for show. I have no graphical talents. Sadly.


Uhmm.... Skulltag bots also works with it!
User avatar
Marine The Raccoon
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2012

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby mallo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah, I know.

I hope the menu font will be smaller, as it takes my shitty PC around 5 seconds to open menu. D:
User avatar
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.
 
Joined: 22 May 2010
Location: Once upon a land in a far off time

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby Marine The Raccoon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 pm

mallo wrote:Yeah, I know.

I hope the menu font will be smaller, as it takes my shitty PC around 5 seconds to open menu. D:


You don't have to shame for that!!! XD my shittier computer takes 7 seconds to load the font! (I'm expecting that in september 2013 most people have an at least better computer than me!)

But the font won't go smaller. It needs to be full HD. And the font is so oversized big that I doubt 10 years later my font will still be HD!!! >:D
User avatar
Marine The Raccoon
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2012

Re: Youtube Poop Doom Adventure

Postby mallo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:24 pm

In ten years resolutions will be like 6000x10.000 :]
User avatar
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.
 
Joined: 22 May 2010
Location: Once upon a land in a far off time

Next

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests