Mortila (HEXEN MOD) [BETA 2.66 RELEASED]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Mortila.wad [BETA RELEASE]

Postby BigProjectAlone » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:55 pm

HI, my friend did the test.. and i'm really happy he did cause he found some serious problems here and there.
But all of this is fixed now.

SO, i will do a last test soon as i can. And see if everything is fine as expected.
After that i will release a Trailer, and the Beta 2.31 ! :)

Screenshots:

"Nudity warning"
Spoiler:
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby BigProjectAlone » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Hey, the beta will be there soon, im sending it to my friend Darsycho so he do a last test of it.
Then i'm uploading the beta.

Last test was horrible, i had to fix a bunch of things.. now only one thing remain not sure. thats why my friend will test it to the end too.
Hope this test will be good enough.

:D !!
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby SallazarSpellcaster » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:04 pm

The monsters in that screenshot are horrifying, really discomfiting, and I feel the need to speak to my therapist about them. I love them, they're damned awesome.

Will the newest beta include the new class, the one that uses scrap and stuff to build weapons and armor?

In any case, great to see you back, and to see so much progress on Mortila.
SallazarSpellcaster

Postby BigProjectAlone » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:29 pm

Dont be too impress yet about that monster ( if you talking about the one in the second screenshot), the sprites are not completed yet. But i will try getting them done before the next beta :).

And yes, the beta will include the Artificer class ! , i have done my test with him so he is enjoyably playable.
I will update hes weapon before the next beta too, since one or two of hes weapon can have much more to do, me and Darsycho are working on this.
We have found some good ideas to make hes weapon much more awesome.

And thanks to you for following this project ! i'm really happy to read such comments again :) !
Also glad that you found my monster Horrifying Mwahahah !!
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby BigProjectAlone » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Beta 2.31 trailer is out!.

BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby mekanchest » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:07 pm

wow really nice the new beta, im only play a little of your mod also saw the video of the gameplay and its really cool, to se a new rpg mod.
mekanchest

Postby BigProjectAlone » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Thank you very much Mekanchest, the old beta was broken though... as you probably seen in the video.
There was many problems to solve.
Hopefully i did fix all of those, the new beta will be really much more enjoyable.
Since right now it is supose to works from the begining to the very end.

I will release it soon !, just have to see something and i Upload it.

EDIT:

New pictures in the first post !
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby BigProjectAlone » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Hey everyone, the Beta 2.31 is out !!!
So have fun playing it and try reaching the very end ! :D
And don't hesitate to contact me about any problems you could encounter.
Any problem/bug report will be fixed.

Here's the link !!:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/upi7f ... a_2.31.rar
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby SallazarSpellcaster » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:40 pm

My birthday came thrice this year!

Awesome, will give it a playthrough and give you impressions as soon as possible, particularly some of the Artificer class.
SallazarSpellcaster

Postby BigProjectAlone » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:22 pm

You will record a playthrough ?? :O

Im really impatient to hear from you !! :)
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby SallazarSpellcaster » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Alas, I don't have the equipment, nor the expertise, to record a playthrough. But I will play through it, thoroughly, and give you my impressions.

So far, without having even played it, I seriously feel as a kid in christmas: I really like the impressive growth the map has had (In fact, I immediately recommend making an ingame map somewhere to give the player an idea of where's where, plus it'll look badass;) the new class looks like it'll be a lot of fun and very interesting to play as, and I insist, the monsters are grotesque and scary.

Edit: Bug spotted: From the moment the first cutscene starts, a legend saying "ACS: I don't know what horse2 is" appears and never fades.
Last edited by SallazarSpellcaster on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SallazarSpellcaster

Postby BigProjectAlone » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:02 pm

hmm Thank you for telling me this, i will remove that HORSE2 thing.
And the artificer grenades is normal, use it as you want :).
It is just that i didnt do any animation sprites for that at the moment..

An ingame map is an interesting idea, i will not do it soon but probably in the futur.
I will think about this hmmm!

Thank you again for your kind words :) i really like that you found my monsters scary :D
Wait to see the next ones ... i have one that im working on.. you will probably love it :)
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby SallazarSpellcaster » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:59 pm

I noticed about the grenades afterwards, it's a cool weapon.

Also another bug report: Choosing to purchase a powder keg from the weapons shop only takes away the 95 gold, it doesn't give you any more powder.
SallazarSpellcaster

Postby BigProjectAlone » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:48 pm

you can only carry 3 of each Gunpowder and flammableliquid.
Thats why if you continue to purchase some.. it only take the coins ...

I will try finding a way so it say something like "you cant carry anymore of this" or something.
So for now keep in mind that for gunpowder and flammableliquid, its only 3 maximum in the inventory.
For all the other items its 25.

Thanks again!
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby SallazarSpellcaster » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:15 am

Didn't realize they were inventory items, my bad.

Even so, playing through as the Artificer, full ammo + 3 of each of the items still feels as too little ammo, considering the amounts of punishment most monsters can take, along with their elemental resistances; I'd recommend perhaps allowing 5 of these, rather than 3. On that same note, have you considered a "sell item" feature, to make some extra gold? Thing is that as the Artificer, and other classes too, there're many items that don't really see a lot of use, being able to get some dosh for them would be quite convenient.

Another situation I encountered: Black chickens no longer seem to spawn in the Abandoned Land, I had to use a console command to make one appear, to get its egg.

Another thing that's been present since the first beta, and for some reason was never mentioned:

Spoiler:

In other things, really nice small detail, the rustling of leaves as you go through them, adds a lot of atmosphere to everything you do. Especially the segments where it's night in Mortila, damn do those make you paranoid, expecting isuldari everywhere.

So far I really like the different stuff that you've added, and the Artificer is lots of fun. For his sprite, by the way, maybe consider one of those vagabond types that are around Mortila? They seem ah... Artificery enough. Also, another suggestion for him: An item similar to the Krater of Might that fills both his ammo reserves; maybe "Alchemical supplies," or something fitting for the character.

Amazing job thus far, as always.
SallazarSpellcaster

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects