Mortila (HEXEN MOD) [BETA 2.66 RELEASED]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Mortila.wad [BETA RELEASE]

Post by wildweasel »

ceriux wrote:hey guys i dragged the pk3 file over gzdoom and selected one of my doom wads and i get missing textures and sprites... also the color mapping seems to be all wrong? any help?
I suspect it requires either Heretic or Hexen, though which of those two, I don't have any clue because the first post of the thread doesn't really make that clear.
BigProjectAlone

Re: Mortila.wad [BETA RELEASE]

Post by BigProjectAlone »

Sorry, its written on the README.TXT file that the wad contain, but yeah i will make it clear in the first post sorry for that Mortila.wad need HEXEN.WAD to play Thank you for playing and sorry again :) !
ceriux

Re: Mortila (HEXEN MOD) [BETA RELEASE]

Post by ceriux »

yeah thanks, unfortunately i wasnt able to figure out what to do. i found my house and spoke to a few npcs ended up killing a few and went to jail xD
BigProjectAlone

If you dont know what to do you can check your map for icons, also there is some icon over the character that give quest to you to make story progress. :) Also hope you spent good time in jail Ahahah !? :D
BigProjectAlone

Mortila will probably be ON HOLD for a little time, i did a lot of progress with this beta, so, i'll be working on my other projects for a while! also helping Darsycho with his project too. Keep testing the beta and i hope you'll have some fun doing all this stuff and exploring the huge world.
Hope to have some news from you all soon, i want to have your opinions on the beta, on the story or whatever.
Every thoughs and opinions are really important to me, and it help me improving stuff.
So to you all that is playing it, i say a big thank you :D !!
BigProjectAlone

A little trailer for the Necromancer class and to show different environements you will travel through the whole game.
Also working on some bug fix and other things, i've been busy with other project of mine but Mortila is not abandoned for those who worry about it. It will be finished someday in a ( i hope ) near futur.
Another version will probably be released this year since the last one was it seems.. broken again.
I did found some big problems during my playthrough that you can find on my youtube channel here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshKaf ... TdC9WiYjSA
So next version will be better and without broken things. I will also put a CHANGELOG with the next release so you know what is new about it.

armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

nice gameplay video man is it me or do i sense some doom 64 influence in there?
BigProjectAlone

armymen12002003 wrote:nice gameplay video man is it me or do i sense some doom 64 influence in there?
Thanks for your comments !! It is really appreciate.
And to answer well the game is not inspired by Doom 64, but i used some sounds, sprites and the fire sky from Doom 64 in the fire realm so it may because of that but appart from using some stuffs i don't think it is more than that.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Your welcome i guess it was just me getting a bit of a doom 64 vibe lol
BigProjectAlone

Now for the ones interrested here is the Beta 2.66 download link:
Before you download you can take a look on the changelog to see all the added/changed/fixed stuff,

MAY BE BETTER PLAYING WITH GZDOOM 3.2 ONLY. It have not been tested with other release of Gzdoom.

I can tell you that there is a lot! of changes and new stuff/areas.. secrets.. this is a huge step forward in the developement of Mortila.

This was suposed to be released later on but with my work i will not have time to edit it for months so i do prefer to release it now.
Thanks for playing and have fun !!
whirledtsar

Re: Mortila (HEXEN MOD) [BETA 2.66 RELEASED]

Post by whirledtsar »

Hi, I played a couple hours of this and think it's quite cool. However, I've run into a bug. On the ice map, I killed the giant golem and then went to the quest marker with the dwarf guy, but there's nothing there. Just a quest marker floating in the air. I looked all around the map but can't find him anywhere, and I can't find how to progress.

Also, a minor bug, it's possible to telefrag people when entering houses, and then get arrested by the guards for accidentally killing them. Perhaps you could make NPC's in houses follow patrol points away from the doors so they can't stand where the player teleports to.
John Stalvern

Post by John Stalvern »

fluffyshambler wrote:Hi, I played a couple hours of this and think it's quite cool. However, I've run into a bug. On the ice map, I killed the giant golem and then went to the quest marker with the dwarf guy, but there's nothing there. Just a quest marker floating in the air. I looked all around the map but can't find him anywhere, and I can't find how to progress.
Try looking over the edge of the cliff near the marker :) (if it's really bugged and the dwarf isn't appearing, try hitting the use key in the vicinity of the marker)
whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

John Stalvern wrote:
fluffyshambler wrote:Hi, I played a couple hours of this and think it's quite cool. However, I've run into a bug. On the ice map, I killed the giant golem and then went to the quest marker with the dwarf guy, but there's nothing there. Just a quest marker floating in the air. I looked all around the map but can't find him anywhere, and I can't find how to progress.
Try looking over the edge of the cliff near the marker :) (if it's really bugged and the dwarf isn't appearing, try hitting the use key in the vicinity of the marker)
Thanks, pressing use near the marker worked. However, I doublechecked before that and he was not under the cliff. So I think his appearance is bugged.

Also, the prison system is not good IMO. Nobody wants to have to actually wait in real life like that, its just not fun. Perhaps the punishment should be that the guards take some of the player's items or gold.
csiga77

Post by csiga77 »

Hi,
I"m trying to play on a linux mint(ubuntu,debian) x64 system and I'm getting stuck, maybe on more than one points. I briefly watched a playthrough video on youtube where I seen the guy finding the cave key on a cliff in the city, which I didn't find there, nor the guy beside the church. I tried gzdoom 4.2, qzdoom 2.x, even a new game with 3.2 what you recommended. What could be wrong? For starters, is that key always there?

I really like the game, brings feelings back from Morrowind, and I like the similar concept I've seen in Shadowman's heroic works too, I played them all.
John Stalvern

Post by John Stalvern »

csiga77 wrote:Hi,
I"m trying to play on a linux mint(ubuntu,debian) x64 system and I'm getting stuck, maybe on more than one points. I briefly watched a playthrough video on youtube where I seen the guy finding the cave key on a cliff in the city, which I didn't find there, nor the guy beside the church. I tried gzdoom 4.2, qzdoom 2.x, even a new game with 3.2 what you recommended. What could be wrong? For starters, is that key always there?

I really like the game, brings feelings back from Morrowind, and I like the similar concept I've seen in Shadowman's heroic works too, I played them all.
Well I can't speak specifically to what problem you may be having (I don't recall that particular part of the mod), but if you are playing the latest version (2.66), I have to say it seemed very buggy to me and I encountered several broken questlines when I played it. If you really want to play through the entire thing, I recommend playing version 2.44. It seems a bit unpolished and unfinished, but you can have a satisfactory experience with it. The creator, BPA, hasn't posted in this thread in over a year, and his YouTube account hasn't posted any updates on Mortila in a while either.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”