[WIP] Supplice

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Supplice

Postby ActionAlligator » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:11 pm

That sounds fantastically fun! Thanks so much for the details, man =D I really, truly can't wait to play; there's something about Doom engine and its mods (especially if they look as clean and professional as yours) that tickles that fps itch that other modern games don't quite get at (with maybe a few exceptions).

Just out of curiosity, "..and the BFG fires out a lightning bolt muzzle flash.." I had a lot of trouble simulating a bolt effect myself (admittedly, I'm very very new to doing any doom engine modifications, basically am in the toe-dipping honeymoon phase hehe), is there an easy way to do it, or did you guys have to do some rigging to make it work? The most I found searching it is the railgun, but the particles just don't simulate it well enough and I don't think a sprite would work without stretching or squishing it at distances. Hate to pester you, so don't worry about answering if it's something that's too detailed and/or complicated, I can just keep working at it with google and trying to find mods that attempt to create it to learn from.

Thanks again!
ActionAlligator

Postby Mechadon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:50 pm

Hey I'm always happy to elaborate on details! Hopefully you'll enjoy the end result :)

ActionAlligator wrote:Just out of curiosity, "..and the BFG fires out a lightning bolt muzzle flash.." I had a lot of trouble simulating a bolt effect myself (admittedly, I'm very very new to doing any doom engine modifications, basically am in the toe-dipping honeymoon phase hehe), is there an easy way to do it, or did you guys have to do some rigging to make it work?

That's a good question that I probably can't answer. Most of the heavy coding and effects were done by Pillowblaster (with Cage doing the graphics). Honestly we would have to ask him to elaborate on how he implemented it, because it is pretty well over my head :P
Mechadon
Lazytron

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:12 am

Finally, seeing some lively activity in this thread again. :D

Mechadon wrote:That's a good question that I probably can't answer. Most of the heavy coding and effects were done by Pillowblaster (with Cage doing the graphics). Honestly we would have to ask him to elaborate on how he implemented it, because it is pretty well over my head :P

I'm pretty sure I can figure that out if I took a look at it!
Translation: Shamelessly asking for early access... but I still can figure it out. :P
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby ActionAlligator » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:09 pm

Alright, no worries! Thanks again for your time on all the responses =)
ActionAlligator

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects