Supplice - Out now on Steam!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ActionAlligator

Re: [WIP] Supplice

Post by ActionAlligator »

That sounds fantastically fun! Thanks so much for the details, man =D I really, truly can't wait to play; there's something about Doom engine and its mods (especially if they look as clean and professional as yours) that tickles that fps itch that other modern games don't quite get at (with maybe a few exceptions).

Just out of curiosity, "..and the BFG fires out a lightning bolt muzzle flash.." I had a lot of trouble simulating a bolt effect myself (admittedly, I'm very very new to doing any doom engine modifications, basically am in the toe-dipping honeymoon phase hehe), is there an easy way to do it, or did you guys have to do some rigging to make it work? The most I found searching it is the railgun, but the particles just don't simulate it well enough and I don't think a sprite would work without stretching or squishing it at distances. Hate to pester you, so don't worry about answering if it's something that's too detailed and/or complicated, I can just keep working at it with google and trying to find mods that attempt to create it to learn from.

Thanks again!
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Hey I'm always happy to elaborate on details! Hopefully you'll enjoy the end result :)
ActionAlligator wrote:Just out of curiosity, "..and the BFG fires out a lightning bolt muzzle flash.." I had a lot of trouble simulating a bolt effect myself (admittedly, I'm very very new to doing any doom engine modifications, basically am in the toe-dipping honeymoon phase hehe), is there an easy way to do it, or did you guys have to do some rigging to make it work?
That's a good question that I probably can't answer. Most of the heavy coding and effects were done by Pillowblaster (with Cage doing the graphics). Honestly we would have to ask him to elaborate on how he implemented it, because it is pretty well over my head :P
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Finally, seeing some lively activity in this thread again. :D
Mechadon wrote:That's a good question that I probably can't answer. Most of the heavy coding and effects were done by Pillowblaster (with Cage doing the graphics). Honestly we would have to ask him to elaborate on how he implemented it, because it is pretty well over my head :P
I'm pretty sure I can figure that out if I took a look at it!
Translation: Shamelessly asking for early access... but I still can figure it out. :P
ActionAlligator

Alright, no worries! Thanks again for your time on all the responses =)
Cage

Post by Cage »

In the wake of a demon invasion, industrial tools become weapons.
I guess there's only one weapon that hasn't been shown yet. ;)
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Awesome!
Still waiting for it bro ;)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Glad to see the spawn is in the TC, despite it's now more meatball-ish.

Also that drill looks like it could pierce the heavens. ;)
ActionAlligator

Very nice! I'm really, really looking forward to playing your mod =D
Cage

Post by Cage »

Supplice has now it's own Twitter page, and it will be the main method of posting project updates. Please follow us. :) You can find us at @SuppliceGame
https://twitter.com/SuppliceGame
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

So wait... is Supplice going to be a mod that runs with Doom... or will it be a standalone project?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

At this point i bet this is going to be TC thing, which i reeeally like.
Cage

Post by Cage »

Supplice will be standalone and not require Doom to play.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Ehhhh TC or standalone, it's the same thing... Kinda. Anyway that's a good decision. Yet a great and easiest way to introduce doom and doom modding to the beginners.
Gez

Post by Gez »

A standalone game is necessarily* a total conversion, because to make something standalone you need to provide the totality of the game content.

* okay, technically it can still only be a partial conversion if it includes a lot of the original game's content. E.g. TNT and Plutonia being stand alone games without being TCs of Doom II. But the Final Doom publisher could get away with that because it was id Software.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

This project is a long time coming with quite clearly tons and tons of work poured into it. I can't wait until it is done. :)

The screenshots are very impressive from what I can see.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”