Beyond Reality! v1.7 YEH

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Re: Beyond Reality - It's Finished! Try it today!

Post by Darsycho »

Updated with a few fixes, many things were not available on anything under UV making it only possible to beat the WAD on UV.

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/games/idgames ... rfinal.zip
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Djiel wrote:EDIT: Ok, made it through map15 now.. is just me or is the exit not triggering? D: It came down, but nothing happens when I step on it.
Yeah I also wonder the same thing. Has this bug been addressed or if it isn't a bug then how do you escape the forbidden castle?
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:
Djiel wrote:EDIT: Ok, made it through map15 now.. is just me or is the exit not triggering? D: It came down, but nothing happens when I step on it.
Yeah I also wonder the same thing. Has this bug been addressed or if it isn't a bug then how do you escape the forbidden castle?
I already fixed that and updated to idgames long ago, so yeah. =P
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Well I think you should check again, specifically the level I was talking about because the teleporter is supposed to do something like end the level now that would be my guess.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

@doomguy 2000 he fixed it dude and Omfg your here now? ................ermm.....
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:Well I think you should check again, specifically the level I was talking about because the teleporter is supposed to do something like end the level now that would be my guess.
Spoiler:
I can't get anything done right, seems I updated an older version, so now I have to combine two different versions together.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

You can feel free to take a look at this picture and tell me what you think about it. You can download the latest version of the wad, open up Doombuilder and you will see the same thing. The teleporter when you walk through it does nothing.

Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Yes I know, like I said I updated an older version, a version before that exit mistake was fixed, meaning some maps I fixed were broken again, so now I have to update yet again on /idgames

I swear if I have to update again due to my bad memory or stupidity, I will hang myself. =P
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Don't worry about it, happens to us all...there's always something not right when we upload a finished project :P
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

you gotta get in a habit of play testing your wad before you release it
ud be surprised how many problems you find that you missed with 1 playthrough.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

AlwaysDoomed wrote:@doomguy 2000 he fixed it dude and Omfg your here now? ................ermm.....
He got banned at Doomworld so I guess he's found he's found his way over here unfortunately.

ANYWHODO. I always really enjoyed this WAD. Bizarre as hell but funny and very playable. Nice work good sir
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Well this is strange...
I'll base my note on multiplayer, because the top of the file says it is one of the primary purposes. Then again if you read further you'll notice that coop wasn't tested. TXT also says that the WAD will run in Zandronum. This is false. "randomguy" monster crashes Zand clients as soon as it sees the player, this could've been averted after a simple playthrough test. MAP06 crashes Zand server on load. Gameplay becomes bad after MAP07 which is a shame. First levels are really good. 2/5 - Zalewa
Just decided to play this on zandronum, and it ran fine for me, I even used the "multiplayer" command and it ran fine.
So I decided to do a server host and test it, and everything he pointed out happened.

...I don't know what could be causing this to happen. :?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Zandronum is really inconsistent with how WADs handle between offline and online. I've had WADs completely fail for only specific clients joining one server.
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Found the problem.
Hi,

your WAD "Beyond Reality" causes all clients in multiplayer to freeze when somebody encounters the "randomguy" monster. I've already filed a bug report for this:
http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=1200

You may still wish to fix your WAD. I reckon that this will be easier and quicker than to wait for the bug to be resolved in Zandronum. I think that adding a one tick delay in See state would fix the problem but you'd have to test that to confirm.

Regards,
Zalewa
So here's a patch for time being.
Map06 crashes zandronum due to the polyobjects, so it's been removed in the patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/?va7k96l3k78swcz
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

This is obviously the best wad ever. :P

It's downloading, but the screenshots look fantastic

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”