[Release]Wolfenstein 3D Bosses rotations.

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release]Wolfenstein 3D Bosses rotations.

Postby PSTrooper » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:43 am

If by skin you mean player sprites, there's not a lot to choose from. There are these.
My plan is to make my own version of the BJ rotations from scratch. I don't really like the patrolling BJ look on frames 3 -7 those ones by Mason have. This is the look I'm going for.

At the same time I'm working toward getting rotations made for the following pain sprites, which I'm posting hoping someone will help. If not, I'll get them done on my own eventually. The dogs aren't high on my to do list; they won't be standard feature in my rotation mod, but I still would like to see them made as a resource for modders.

Last edited by PSTrooper on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
PSTrooper

Postby UnTrustable » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:00 am

Im looking forward to your work PSTrooper.
your work is awesome, aswell as many others that i learned to know in the Wolf division.
You guys are a great help, aswell as a motivation for me, to do the Boss rotations.

And yeah, im refering to Blazkowicz sprite, but at the same time, also for nazi skins.
I was planning to do some game mode simular to Day of Defeat game, what looks abit to a domination game mode.
And for such game mode, i need 'allied skins' aswell as 'nazi skins' eventually. :wub:
It doesn't have to be many, ....maybe just a 3 - 3 skins variations will do.
You see, i never tried making skins before, so i dont know what to expect.
All i know is that the part that can be recolored in menu must be green-like colors within the Doom palette range.
UnTrustable
"Feed me...!"

Postby spforce » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:05 am

i like to let you know something about the lost bats (that replace the mutants) there is a a mistake in the attacking rotations you made i will explain:
the mutant working this way: looking to shoot you sprite than first shooting sprite than again looking to shoot and than second shooting sprite you can check here : http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_com ... eet/27944/ and here for the bat http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_com ... eet/55828/
so that means there is error in the maded shooting rotations for the lost bat he doesn't have a looking to shoot spirte before the first shoot and after the second final shoot
(its not supposed to be 3 firing sprites..) this a mistake in the lost games too its not anyones fault this sprites error in the original games like the professor quarkblitz shooting sprite mistake they made
in the wolfers for wolfers pack from this fourm there is a folder called fixed sprites for lost level bosses and bat that have fixes for some of the sprites look at the maded fix for the bat a looking at you to shoot sprite maded the error is you didnt made a correct sprite for the way it works
i just want to help you and to let you know for mistakes otherwise good and awasome work
spforce

Postby Captain J » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:43 am

ooh, about those formgen's mistakes including bosses', i already fixed all of 'em at my wolfers for wolfers.

i was kinda surprised that they seems never know how the six-barrel rotation works.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby PSTrooper » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:25 am

What you described are artistic errors. Rotations I make are based on how the sprites originally looked. Sure, it looks dumb that a gun flash would go on for three frames, just like its going to look dumb when I get the Bat's pain rotations made showing him beginning to lose his guns and then magically grabbing them back, but that's all on Formgen, not me. My sprites are only as bad as the source. I make my rotations look close to the originals as possible on purpose with minimal to no changes. That way if people want to base sprite edits off these, they would at least have the option of having a source closer to the original to work with.

I can do rotations of the Wolfer's bat and a version of him holding the guns while in pain. I just won't be able to use them. I know "fixed" sprites are more popular with modders and I'm willing to help if I can.
PSTrooper

Postby UnTrustable » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:03 am

Added some grenade's to his belt, and changed the ammount of blood of the pain sprites more to its Original front sprite... aswell as some of the body 'positions'.
Of course i also made the same dude but without the grenades...
UnTrustable
"Feed me...!"

Postby spforce » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:30 am

PSTrooper wrote:What you described are artistic errors. Rotations I make are based on how the sprites originally looked. Sure, it looks dumb that a gun flash would go on for three frames, just like its going to look dumb when I get the Bat's pain rotations made showing him beginning to lose his guns and then magically grabbing them back, but that's all on Formgen, not me. My sprites are only as bad as the source. I make my rotations look close to the originals as possible on purpose with minimal to no changes. That way if people want to base sprite edits off these, they would at least have the option of having a source closer to the original to work with.

I can do rotations of the Wolfer's bat and a version of him holding the guns while in pain. I just won't be able to use them. I know "fixed" sprites are more popular with modders and I'm willing to help if I can.

i did knew and understand that its based on how it looked originally that is the original source i just wanted to alert about that source mistakes they made on sprites its not your or anyones fault
this can still be used as another version that work a bit differently that shooting more its not bad just different like as doom is not wolfenstein different game and engine and it wont be never the same a wolfenstein total conversion on doom is not wolfenstein and wont be exactly work and played the same never
a fixed version with a looking to shoot spirte (called aiming) maded with rotations of course instead of a shooting but not shooting sprite error this is a error for the original game case.. on zdoom decorating it can work diffrent and shoot 3 times
i think its will be great and really worth and deserve fixing and really needed as a alternative fixed sprites a folder addon option on this rotations and fixes project i think its important enough to know the errors and add a addon fixes for anyone who wish to use it (it can be used for wolfenstein too and not for doom for the right look and working case) ( or for zdoom working this way) i not saying this art error source is just "bad" or "horrible" this is your work and that just what the source is so and thats how you made it and thought is right..
anyway keep the great important sprites work
spforce

Postby UnTrustable » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:11 am

It also works well as being a zombie-strangling attack.
Ofcourse when you put in a translation line in the decorate like:
Translation "67:67=35:35","61:61=180:180","60:60=187:187","65:65=182:182"

Or if you prefer them to hug someone, it's fine by me too. :wink:
UnTrustable
"Feed me...!"

Postby PSTrooper » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:28 am

Looking good.
Here are pain rotations I made for the bat. I tried to mimic the tattered look of the original.
Last edited by PSTrooper on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSTrooper

Postby UnTrustable » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:06 am

Very good, PSTrooper.

I personally had nothing with that bat thing.
It was a bad choice to replace the mutant.
But whatsoever.... a genetic altered bat works in the genetic alteration plans of the nazi's....
And when the bat is in pain and it visually shows that it is dropping the guns, i would like to decorate
the bat in such way it cannot shoot the guns anymore... unless he picks them back up...?

I got nothing special to report other than this:

Don't worry... his hands will go up in the air in the next frame. :wink:
UnTrustable
"Feed me...!"

Postby PSTrooper » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:32 pm

I think it goes without saying Lost Mission's stuff isn't anything special. If they were, all this work would've been done by now, and since no one else is going to do it, I might as well.

Here's an alt version of him holding the guns while in pain. I won't be able to use it, but I know everyone else will like this version better, so I'll get it out of the way.

PSTrooper

Postby spforce » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:36 pm

look great and right as its supposed to be thanx for doing this i really appreciate all of your work.
ok i did otto with chain gun added from the steinkopf its otto reskin but with the chain gun added so i used hes chain gun i will remove the shadows but of course its without rotations it can be used to make the rotations otto with chain gun too i think its really nice to add
and yesterday i finished to made rotations to the mutant ss from mutantstein and weltgericht using the rotations from the fix project, really long long work lot of colors to remap in xwe and some little fixing to the eyes and the gunfire tell me how you think they are https://www.mediafire.com/?5tavzavomar3mz3
spforce

Postby PSTrooper » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:20 pm

It's really nice to see the sprites being used as a base for custom sprites. They look great! I might have to make the blue SS the next guy I make pain rotations for, so you can use those too.
PSTrooper

Postby EnsaladaDeTomate » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:22 pm

I really need to share u guys those bj frames:

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rg0030o4tigd66m

(There are knife attack rotations and gib death frames too)

The firing and knife rotation frames were made by Ivan Lisanti.

The gib death frames were made by Zygo (thanks for tell me about it Captain J)
Last edited by EnsaladaDeTomate on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnsaladaDeTomate
Im also Jesh

Postby Captain J » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:14 am

hmm, would be nice if those sprites for showcase can follow the officer's sprite does specially 2nd and 3rd one. and gibbing sprite does to Zygo, btw.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches