Get the Current Version here! (github link contains instructions)
Or get the older version from /idgames
(tested with a not-quite-up-to-date GZDoom dev build - if it crashes with a message that there's an unknown pointer somewhere, try a newer dev build)
It's more than just a reskin of Nazis. Really, apart from the bullet tracers, this is effectively designed from scratch, using borrowed TekWar enemy sprites to give the mod a sort of Lethal Enforcers/Operation Wolf 3 feel. Terrorists! is intended as a tribute to 1980's and 1990's action movies like Commando, Die Hard, Under Siege, Total Recall, and The Terminator. The focus here is on giving you all the tools you need to become your own Man of Action.
The feature set:
- This is a Hollywood-realism mod - weapons recoil and need to reload, but that's all! No complicated magazine systems, no bandaging, no weapon slot limits.
- Included weapons are cliché, but each one is made using resources that have not been seen yet in a Doom mod. (Although there is an Uzi, it is not Shadow Warrior's, for example.)
- "Hostage System" replaces large powerups with civilian hostages that must be "rescued" with the Use key to obtain special items.
- Off-hand melee button with two modes: Kick and Taser.
- Aims to be cheesy...but *good* cheesy!
And here's a spoiler fulla screenshots!
Spoiler: Screenshots! Since you don't get anything else yet!
And a spoiler fulla strategy guide stuff!
And yet another spoiler fulla upgrade info!
I decided I'd start this thread up for a couple of reasons. One, so I could show you guys that don't pay attention to IRC or the WIP thread that yes, I am working on something, and two, to start a social experiment about whether my thread would get more attention if it had the word "Brutal" in the title. =P
(To clarify, this mod actually does not have anything to do with Brutal Doom, so please don't try to load this over Brutal Doom; I will not be held responsible for the effects of this.)