What's new/changed in this version
- Enemy health bar: added the option to display the max health.
- The HUD Options menu is no longer redefined in order to integrate the HUD's own menu. The menu is merely added. This means that the nchud-menu.pk3 file is no longer needed.
- HUD's Original Icons (nchud-icons.pk3): Restores the HUD's original icons for armor and ammo.
- Patch Template (nchud-template.pk3): A template from which compatibility patches could be created.
- (Patches which are not linked to are included in the main HUD package)
- Accessories to Murder (nchud-atm.pk3)
- Brutal Doom 64 (nchud-brutaldoom64.pk3) - by Tekish
- Doom 4/2016 Weapons for Brutal Doom (nchud-brutaldoomd4w.pk3) - by Tekish
- Final Doomer (nchud-finaldoomer.pk3) - by Tekish
- Flakes Doom (nchud-flakesdoom.pk3) - by Tekish
- Perk Smooth Weapons Enhanced (nchud-pkanim.pk3) - by Nevander
- Smooth Doom (nchud-smoothdoom.pk3) - by Coincident
- Threshold of Pain: Special Edition & Threshold of Pain 2 (nchud-top.pk3)
- Weapons of Saturn (nchud-weaponsofsaturn.pk3) - by Tekish
- ZDoom Community Map Project 2 (nchud-zdcmp2.pk3)
- These patches are not compatible with the latest version of the HUD.
- Compatible with v1.31
- Brutal Doom v20 & Project Brutality v2.03 (Patches) - by Speedy Von Gofast
- Faspons (nchud-Faspons.pk3) - by faslrn
- Compatible with v1.22
- Brutal Doom v20
- These are modifications of the HUD which are created and maintained by other members of the community for their favorite mods.
- Brutal Doom and Samsara (Link) - by Blackfish
- Brutal Doom SE (Link) - by Cryomundus
- Project Brutality (Link) - by loismustdie555
Important notes (Last updated on April 2nd, 2017)
- The HUD requires at least version 2.4.0 of GZDoom.
- It does not work with ZDoom and never will be.
- It does not work with Zandronum, currently, as it does not have the necessary features.
- It will only work "out of the box" with projects that do not alter the player's arsenal. Modification of the HUD, or creation of compatibility patches is necessary if you want custom weapons and ammo to work with it.
Additional patch-related notes (Last updated on September 19th, 2016)
- Do not request patches. The ones I will be making are only for mods that I am interested in.
- The patches above assume that you are using unmodified versions of the respective mods. Typically, the patches should work with modified versions of the mods as long as the class names of the weapons and their associated ammo types are left untouched.
- The main HUD (nchud-main.pk3) is required for the patches to work. Make sure it is loaded before the patch files, and after any other mods, e.g.,
<mod> nchud-main.pk3 <patch>.
- The icons patch (nchud-icons.pk3) is meant to be used with the main HUD alone if one so desires. Do not mix it with the other patches.
- If you want to submit a patch, then feel free to do so, and I shall add it above to the list of patches. Do note, however, that I will not maintain those patches submitted by others. It is the submitter's job to keep their patches up to date and working.
"May I use your HUD in my mod, Blue Shadow?"
- I seem to be getting asked this often recently. The answer to that question is: Yes, you may.
Spoiler: Previous versions
Spoiler: Original post