[WIP] Batman Doom Patch for ZDoom/Skulltag (0.4)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom Patch for ZDoom/Skulltag (0.4)

Post by Ozymandias81 »

After some reheharsals, here it is an 80% complete GLDefs for Batman Doom using BatmanDoomPatch04.pk3.
I've also included the spawn sprite for BatmanBatarang actor :-)

Download Link: LINK REMOVED!

PS: Sorry for the crappy picture, I've just copied & paste as fast as I can, freezing and capturing what's change, and BatFlamer is missing too :roll:
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This is fucking awesome :)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Tormentor667 wrote:This is fucking awesome :)
Thankx T667, I've planned to do these GLDefs when I read an old post of you in this thread asking for some GLDefs for Batman Doom, and so this is it... :rock:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Some things are still missing though, like GLDefs for the shooting monsters and other minor stuff like that. What do you think when will you be able to release this full set? I am just going to post a small news submission about this at the Realm667 :)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I think this will take about a week at max... I am so happy to see my nick inside Realm667, this will fasten more than ever my patch!

For the moment here you are the fresh download, I've added two Enemies actors named FLAME & EXPLOSIVE SHELL. Please delete the old one, it's useless. :roll:

Download Link: LINK REMOVED
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Here is r230115 version 0.4 of my GLDefs for Batman Doom, plus a renewed GAMEINFO for a stylish banner at the start.
Added FLAMEMAN and SNIPER defs, enjoy them and stay tuned!

Download Link: LINK REMOVED
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Awesome, this is getting better and better
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Thanx t667... is there anyway to contact EvilSpaceTomato? I've sent him a PM 3 days ago and no reply has sent to me... I'm trying to find him in order to have permissions to modify original patches (normal and plus)... Any hint?

OMG! I see now that Evil's last access was 2012! Maybe I must consider to open a new thread? :roll:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, I think he won't have a problem with it if someone else continues his patches as long as credit is given.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

OK this will be done. It's time to make it official, but how could I update the post at the start of this thread? I mean, downloading the patch searching through all posts is craze...
Ozymandias81

[WIP] Batman Doom Patches v0.5 for GZDoom by Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Oh yes, now I am officially involved on Batman Doom patches! I've done some changes using latest versions of Evil Space Tomatoes patches, and here you are what's changed:

==OZYMANDIAS81 CHANGES==
-Version 0.5, both Easy & Plus-
Added 80% of GLDefs for GZDoom inside pk3s (you don't need extra files anymore);
Added Batarang pickup sprite inside SPRITES folder;
Added GAMEINFO for stylish banners at the start;
Added new MAPINFO + English LANGUAGE (maybe I'll do some translations in Italian & French languages)*;
Commented out Player.JumpZ, now you can jump & crouch at your risk**;
KEYCONF removed, playerclass in MAPINFO;
PK3'ed decorate scripts reordered & repolished;

TODO: Remove actors warnings; remove map warnings; fix that freezin' teleport glitch; add starting scripts to all maps;

Download Links:
Original BATMAN DOOM by ACE Team (from DoomWorld)
The Easy One patch
The Plus One patch

*Open the console and see some credits please!
**The original WAD was intended for Vanilla Doom 2 only, you are free to roam with crouch+jump but in-game experience will result odd in many maps
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

FYI, on the default forum colors (light tan background), yellow text is pretty much unreadable.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

^ This

Also, ZMAPINFO is not more versatile than MAPINFO; it's literally an alias for MAPINFO so as to distinguish them for mods that run under multiple sourceports. This project, speficially, does not; it is exclusive to G/ZDoom.

Also, most of the things you've done except for the GLDEFS are redundant with what I've already done. Gotta say, my feelings are a little hurt, like I've been ignored.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Yeah but naming the lump ZMAPINFO is a good habit to take anyway.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ed the Bat wrote:^ This

Also, ZMAPINFO is not more versatile than MAPINFO; it's literally an alias for MAPINFO so as to distinguish them for mods that run under multiple sourceports. This project, speficially, does not; it is exclusive to G/ZDoom.

Also, most of the things you've done except for the GLDEFS are redundant with what I've already done. Gotta say, my feelings are a little hurt, like I've been ignored.
@Ed The Bat
I'm so sorry Ed, I didn't realize that you were truly involved onto this... I know that you have post a reply explaining what you were doing for this mod some days ago, but I don't have modified or copy/paste any of your files because I've downloaded Evil Space Tomato files on the links at the start of this thread... Am I wrong? BTW I don't want to ignore you, I've just posted my project and I can't know how much it is redundant with yours because I NEVER HAD IT. If you wish to be more clear with me please send me a PM.

Thankx for correct me about MAPINFO and ZMAPINFO... I don't know how, but I was sure that the Z was "more versatile", but I think now these were bullshit. Sorry. :cry:

@gez
Thankx gez, I've post that reply as fast as I can and that was the result... now I hope it's more clear...

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”