Page 7 of 7

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:58 am
by invisible_warrior
Untaggable secrets are located on map e1m7 (Chapel of the Fallen Moon) and e2m6 (Abyss)
On e1m7 you cannot tag the secret because its tag line is inside the throne in the big hall near the level's end. It's only takeable with Noclip.
Also one of the other secrets is very strange. Although it can be reached with phoenix jump, it's just a plain stained-glass window which contains nothing.

On e2m6 the last secret is nowhere to be found, and I suspect that the secret exit's hallway had to be that secret, as in all the other levels with secret exits it was so.

all other secrets are taggable, I managed to find them all.

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:51 pm
by Doctrine Gamer
Does it replace the original levels or does it add the 3 new episodes along with the other chapters it already contained?

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:01 pm
by theleo_ua
Doctrine Gamer, replace

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:28 pm
by Doctrine Gamer
theleo_ua wrote:Doctrine Gamer, replace

Thanks

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:17 am
by Caleb26
Doctrine Gamer wrote:Does it replace the original levels or does it add the 3 new episodes along with the other chapters it already contained?


V 1.2 will replace some of the original levels e1m1 ,e1m6 and maybe some others, and it'll add one or two more maps to a certain episode. Besides that lots of original maps are being reconstructed (adding more detail, new areas ect.) as we speak. I've almost finished redesigning episode one.

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:30 pm
by theleo_ua
Caleb, could you please take a look at this issue in GZDoom with moc11: https://mantis.zdoom.org/view.php?id=352

Is it moc bug or GZDoom bug?

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:40 am
by leodoom85
There are 2 possible options:
1.- This mapset was made for Zdoom 2.5 and played in GZDoom 1.8.x versions, so probably in newer versions, this script could be broken...or...
2.- This is a bug for the map and still haven't fixed.

Hope this helps...

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:08 am
by Caleb26
theleo_ua wrote:Caleb, could you please take a look at this issue in GZDoom with moc11: https://mantis.zdoom.org/view.php?id=352

Is it moc bug or GZDoom bug?


I'm not sure. Old MOC was played in Zdoom. v1.2 will require Gzdoom to work because of some 3d floors and ambient lights. And as I said new e1m6 will be totally different but setting is going to be the same (Frozen Wasteland)

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:06 pm
by Viscont23
Holy s***! I discovered this wad a couple of weeks ago, was completely astonished... BEST megawad EVER! Caleb26 and others involved - thank you so much for this masterpiece. Can't wait to try v1.2, good luck with your work!

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:38 am
by Dr_Cosmobyte
I'm in need of maps for Heretic. Even more now that one of my projects (Flakes Doom) is compatible with Heretic :)

I'll give this a try tomorrow. :)

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:33 am
by theleo_ua
Hi again, Caleb.

With release of GZDoom 3.0.0 (they removed fmod) I tried moc11.wad in it and received next audio experience: World/waterfall sound now play at high volume and silences all other sounds (so I only hear waterfall sound and it is harder to hear and recognize other sounds), for example at the start of e2m10 - here is the video with fmod and openal comparison at that place: https://youtu.be/VNPw2ycGQ3M

Could you please try e2m10 with latest GZDoom on your PC - will you receive same audio experience? What do you think about this, should this be fixed in moc 1.2?

From my point of view, it looks a little bit strange, especially at the start of the level, so I made next temporary workaround in my mods in SNDINFO:

$volume world/waterfall 0.3 //OPENAL FIX

Of course it is not as good as in fmod, but at least it doesn't silences other sounds, so I can easily hear them

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:16 am
by invisible_warrior
I'm doing speedruns of this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTsQKH ... QFA/videos
There is no particular order in which I do maps, just as I get ideas.
I do black plague speed (just exit fast) and max (exit with all kills and secrets) runs.

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 am
by Caleb26
theleo_ua wrote:Hi again, Caleb.

With release of GZDoom 3.0.0 (they removed fmod) I tried moc11.wad in it and received next audio experience: World/waterfall sound now play at high volume and silences all other sounds (so I only hear waterfall sound and it is harder to hear and recognize other sounds), for example at the start of e2m10 - here is the video with fmod and openal comparison at that place: https://youtu.be/VNPw2ycGQ3M

Could you please try e2m10 with latest GZDoom on your PC - will you receive same audio experience? What do you think about this, should this be fixed in moc 1.2?

From my point of view, it looks a little bit strange, especially at the start of the level, so I made next temporary workaround in my mods in SNDINFO:

$volume world/waterfall 0.3 //OPENAL FIX

Of course it is not as good as in fmod, but at least it doesn't silences other sounds, so I can easily hear them


Right now I'm revisiting/retooling and rebuilding e2m4 Soon I'll revisit e2m12 (The Fountain of Youth). From what I'm seeing and hearing right now the waterfall looping sound at the start of the level is normal since there are multiple ambient waterfall sound spots near the start and in lots of other places near this area.

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:30 am
by Caleb26
invisible_warrior wrote:I'm doing speedruns of this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTsQKH ... QFA/videos
There is no particular order in which I do maps, just as I get ideas.
I do black plague speed (just exit fast) and max (exit with all kills and secrets) runs.


LOL about e3m6. I forgot to add an impassable line near that small window. I need to post some new screenshots to show you all that the project is still going on.

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:31 am
by theleo_ua
For those who interested: Masters of Chaos 1.1 speedrun in 47:21: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYVLK6en6Nw