Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos RELEASED!!!

Postby insightguy » Wed May 16, 2012 8:07 pm

is there a heretic enchantment mod i can play with this?
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos RELEASED!!!

Postby amv2k9 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:20 pm

insightguy wrote:is there a heretic enchantment mod i can play with this?
Since it changes the weapons & stuff, no, not really. You'd have to strip all that out, leaving just the maps, in order to make it compatible.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.1 RELEASED!!!

Postby Caleb26 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:02 am

Check out the new version 1.1 !!!
Caleb26

Postby insightguy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:47 am

heretic++ is very good with this! (just make sure to load it before MOC)
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

Postby Caleb26 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:38 am

What a piece of crap this archives.gamers.org is! When I'm trying to upload MOC11.zip and MOC11.txt to pub/idgames/incoming it said there's already one user from number..............bla bla. How the hell am I supposed to upload a file to this crappy server?!
Caleb26

Postby Caleb26 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:36 am

Ok guys!
Success!!! It's on archive.gamers.org/pub/idgames/incoming folder.
Caleb26

Postby Meg@Doomer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Was more ammo added in all the levels compared to the first release as was suggested, or just the couple mentioned in the changes list?
Meg@Doomer

Postby Caleb26 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:03 am

I know that there are still some small bugs in MOC.
I'm planning to release 1.2 final soon. But i'm gonna need some help.
I need someone to draw MAPE1 2 and 3 (world maps) specially for MOC. And maybe ending graphics art.
Too bad i'm not an artist myself.
Is there someone who's willing to help me?

Come on:) There are only a few megawads for heretic. Maybe MOC is the biggest one right now.
Caleb26

Postby Caleb13 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 am

I found two door bugs in E2M1 in version 1.1. The doors open fine for the first time, but once they close, they can't be opened again (if you open the door but don't come through, you'll be stuck). It is like this both in old Zdoom 2.5.0 and new 2.6.1. The doors have sector numbers 259 and 290.

I have no idea why this happens though, because these two doors seem to use original "hardcoded" linedef actions. But they fail to work even in "clean install" Zdoom.
Caleb13
Death will not be your end; your soul will burn in Hell forever!

Postby thefatedhour » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:39 pm

If anyone ever reads this topic ever again, its not that old. HOW IN THE LIVING HELL do you open the door to secret level E3M11 in E3M4. I have been wandering around for SIX HOURS clicking every surface in the level. I played around on level 4 difficulty and engaged to the level and kittied inside. But Im playing on Nightmare so i cant kitty, but i know where the exit is and it WILL NOT OPEN. I dont want to restart the episode as it has taken me about 10 hours to get to this point. If anyone knows the answer to this, if anyone read this topic, my email is thefatedhour666@yahoo.com PLEASE tell me how. I dont even want to play anymore now, and this is the greatest heretic/hexen mod ive ever played, only necrosis even comes close. I need to get to that secret level.
thefatedhour

Postby Naniyue » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Didn't know this mod existed! I'm looking forward to checking it out!
Naniyue
TTThhppttt!!!

Postby kmxexii » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 am

thefatedhour wrote:If anyone ever reads this topic ever again, its not that old. HOW IN THE LIVING HELL do you open the door to secret level E3M11 in E3M4. I have been wandering around for SIX HOURS clicking every surface in the level. I played around on level 4 difficulty and engaged to the level and kittied inside. But Im playing on Nightmare so i cant kitty, but i know where the exit is and it WILL NOT OPEN. I dont want to restart the episode as it has taken me about 10 hours to get to this point. If anyone knows the answer to this, if anyone read this topic, my email is thefatedhour666@yahoo.com PLEASE tell me how. I dont even want to play anymore now, and this is the greatest heretic/hexen mod ive ever played, only necrosis even comes close. I need to get to that secret level.

If anyone still cares, the wall that grants access to the compartment that houses the secret exit is lowered by a timed walkover trigger in a nearby cubby. I don't remember which one.

Also, had a good bit of fun with this! I didn't like some of the design decisions (and enemy choices) but episode 3 is pretty awesome as far as the levels go. Hope you guys get around to finishing the secret level for the unused secret exit!
kmxexii

Postby Caleb26 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:19 am

Glad you enjoyed it. Soon I'll begin to work on Masters of Chaos - The Extended Cut. I'll fix all texture misalignments, add more detail to some levels ect. + There will be Episode 4. Episodes 1 and 2 looked and played more like classic heretic. Ep3 was more like hexen + build engine games. Episode 4 will be just like the third one. A have a few ideas. I was thinking about "winter scenario". We will see.
Caleb26

Postby kmxexii » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Caleb26 wrote:Glad you enjoyed it. Soon I'll begin to work on Masters of Chaos - The Extended Cut. I'll fix all texture misalignments, add more detail to some levels ect. + There will be Episode 4. Episodes 1 and 2 looked and played more like classic heretic. Ep3 was more like hexen + build engine games. Episode 4 will be just like the third one. A have a few ideas. I was thinking about "winter scenario". We will see.

http://onemandoom.blogspot.com/2012/12/ ... 11wad.html

A more detailed criticism from me, if you care to read it.
kmxexii

Postby Caleb26 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:36 am

Announcing : Heretic - Masters of Chaos - The Extended Cut
With more levels in each episode, new versions of some levels, more scripting tricks like projectile traps and more.
Stay Tuned.

Caleb26

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects