Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
invisible_warrior

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

Post by invisible_warrior »

Dododamian wrote:Sorry that I havnt given a feed back yet but I had 13 tests in November and 3 in December, I will get back to it when I can, In other words school - Dododamian
Hi Dododamian!

Does this demo which Caleb sent to you indeed contain episode 4? or at least what new levels are there that you already have seen? I'm dying of curiosity :o
BFG

Post by BFG »

Glad to see more love for Heretic, this is a personal favorite of mine, will be downloading and playing this tonight!
Dododamian

Post by Dododamian »

invisible_warrior wrote:
Dododamian wrote:Sorry that I havnt given a feed back yet but I had 13 tests in November and 3 in December, I will get back to it when I can, In other words school - Dododamian
Hi Dododamian!

Does this demo which Caleb sent to you indeed contain episode 4? or at least what new levels are there that you already have seen? I'm dying of curiosity :o
It doesnt contain episode 4 YET. For the other levels...wait and see :).
Dododamian

Post by Dododamian »

Reviews From today onwards I will give a review every day (or 2, depends on how big the level is) starting from E1M1.

E1M1 : Abandoned Warehouse

Difficulty : Bringest them oneth.

Kills: 52/52
Items: 8/8
Secrets: 4/4

Total : Everything.

Pros:
-It has good design
-Some secrets feature Jumping/Crouching
-Good monster placement

Cons:
-Very little ammo in the first half of the level

Reviewer's Note.
- A good first level, sure there isnt enough ammo in the first part but this version is sooooo much better than the old one.
The monster placement is perfect, couldn't be better. I would give it a 4.5/5 keep up the good work :)

P.S Is this version multiplayer compatible?
Dododamian

Post by Dododamian »

I've been making my way in E1M2 but I just can't seem to progress, the thing is there is this door that just wont open, Is it Glitched?

Link - http://i.imgur.com/glbDzpa.png
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Dododamian wrote:I've been making my way in E1M2 but I just can't seem to progress, the thing is there is this door that just wont open, Is it Glitched?

That's not possible. There is a switch somewhere on your left just go inside small room with coffin. Look around.
Dododamian

Post by Dododamian »

Caleb26 wrote:
Dododamian wrote:I've been making my way in E1M2 but I just can't seem to progress, the thing is there is this door that just wont open, Is it Glitched?

That's not possible. There is a switch somewhere on your left just go inside small room with coffin. Look around.
Make that switch a biiiiiit easier to find cause the level is big and who knows where it could be D:
Dododamian

Post by Dododamian »

E1M2 : Town of akanoss

Difficulty : Bringest them oneth

Kills : 127/128
Items : 23/24
Secrets : 4/4

Total : 99%

Pros :
- It resembles a real life town
- Ammo balance is perfect
- Powerups are balanced too
- Secrets that require Jumping/Crouching
- Quality Traps

Mids : (Things that I might not like and other might like, Vice Versa)
- The dragon claw should've been in this level
- The Hedge maze in the beggining doesnt really add up to the rest of the level

Cons :
- One secret was extremely obvious (Im talking about the one with the map scroll)

Reviewer's note :
- The level starts in a hedge maze which I personally think is out of place but after that things get much better, The difficulty is moderate in this level and some traps are deadly, I didn't use any of the powerups in this level I decided to save up. Somethings have changed in this level, but my personal favourite is the Church area.

I would give this level a 4/5 Keep up the good work :)
invisible_warrior

Hi all, especially Caleb :)))

I can say this megawad is just great, a masterpiece of design and strategic thought.
This kind of stuff is always so desirable. It's kind of like "why is it finishing so fast" :)
So, can anyone say what's exactly new in that demo of new version? I've played through the wad 2 times (3rd time in progress, done 2 episodes) and therefore I see that some screen shots here don't belong to any existing levels. So, are these levels corresponding to the screenshots added? and how many of those levels are there? :)
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Hi all, especially Caleb :)))

I can say this megawad is just great, a masterpiece of design and strategic thought.
This kind of stuff is always so desirable. It's kind of like "why is it finishing so fast" :)
So, can anyone say what's exactly new in that demo of new version? I've played through the wad 2 times (3rd time in progress, done 2 episodes) and therefore I see that some screen shots here don't belong to any existing levels. So, are these levels corresponding to the screenshots added? and how many of those levels are there? :)
There will be two or three new levels per episode and a lot of redesigned/revisited old levels. New screenshots are from E1m8 "The Tomb of the Wizard King" (Entirely new level), old final level e1m8 has been moved to e1m9 (It's also redesigned), E2m7 "Haunted Halls" - Another totally new level and pretty large one too. and also e2m1

To sum things up:
Masters of Chaos - The Extended Cut will feature

-New E1m1
-Larger/more detailed/redesigned e1m2 e1m3 e1m4 e1m7 e1m9 (now e1m10), e2m1 etc.
-Some extra areas in e1m5
-New e1m6
-Totally new level - e1m8
-Old e1m8 (The Dark Tower - ep1 finale) has been moved to e1m9 slot (It's almost completely new)
-Completely new level - e2m7 (old e2m7 has been moved to e2m8 slot

More things to come.
invisible_warrior

Thanks for the answer! It will be super awaited! \m/_
I hope new e1m6 won't mean you will remove Frozen Wasteland, it's such an unique level.
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

invisible_warrior wrote:Thanks for the answer! It will be super awaited! \m/_
I hope new e1m6 won't mean you will remove Frozen Wasteland, it's such an unique level.
I was never satisfied with old e1m6 so I've made a new Frozen Wasteland. It has all the best elements from the old one plus much much more. Now it really resembles Frozen Wasteland.
theleo_ua
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by theleo_ua »

Hi Caleb

In case of your plans to fix bugs in 1.1, here are some of them:

1) Classes and Dynamic light issues: http://storage6.static.itmages.ru/i/16/ ... 95869e.png

2) "Fat" monsters like Bormereth, Butcher, Shadowbeast, Invisible Warrior and Vampire can be morphed into chicken (for morphing Bormereth you should throw eggs when he is not in pain state with fire and invulnerability)

3) DeSentinel boss can be easily killed with shadowsphere cause it makes you invulnerable to his attacks

4) E2M3: If you open this wall:

http://storage9.static.itmages.ru/i/16/ ... 320eb4.jpg
http://storage3.static.itmages.ru/i/16/ ... d712c8.png

and allow monsters to go there before you, then script will be executed on monsters and you will not be teleported to the next room (black dark room with blue candles)

5) There are some places in different maps, where:

- secrets are impassable (cannot be taken)

- you can be stucked with no possibility to move from this place, and I don't mean "fall to lava" places. 99% that you know these places, but in other case I can ask some person, who finished all levels 7 times, to explain where to find all these places (cause personally I don't remember all of them, but 100% that I saw some of them in his streams some time before)

if you are interested, I can tell you all future bugs and "such places", which will be found next time.

Also, I have some questions:

- Disc of repulsion sprite has black dots http://storage1.static.itmages.ru/i/16/ ... f6d1ad.jpg - is it by design?
- Do you plan to add boss to e2m8 ? For example modified dsparil or death wyvern
- Do you plan to make e3m10 boss harder ? For example if skill level is 4 or 5
- In case of episode 4, do you plan new monsters and weapons? For example alternative weapon for mace ammo, cause firemace is useless in most cases

And, of course, thank you very much for best heretic wad! Keep up the good work!
invisible_warrior

So it's still an ice foggy level, cool then :)
theleo_ua
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by theleo_ua »

invisible_warrior wrote:So it's still an ice foggy level, cool then :)
I hope snow particle issues, which I explained in my previous message, will be fixed

Also, as I understood, it's better to avoid weapons in keyconf cause it's deprecated

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”