Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
invisible_warrior

Re: Heretic: Masters of Chaos v. 1.2 WIP - See last page.

Post by invisible_warrior »

Untaggable secrets are located on map e1m7 (Chapel of the Fallen Moon) and e2m6 (Abyss)
On e1m7 you cannot tag the secret because its tag line is inside the throne in the big hall near the level's end. It's only takeable with Noclip.
Also one of the other secrets is very strange. Although it can be reached with phoenix jump, it's just a plain stained-glass window which contains nothing.

On e2m6 the last secret is nowhere to be found, and I suspect that the secret exit's hallway had to be that secret, as in all the other levels with secret exits it was so.

all other secrets are taggable, I managed to find them all.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Does it replace the original levels or does it add the 3 new episodes along with the other chapters it already contained?
theleo_ua
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by theleo_ua »

Doctrine Gamer, replace
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

theleo_ua wrote:Doctrine Gamer, replace
Thanks
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:Does it replace the original levels or does it add the 3 new episodes along with the other chapters it already contained?
V 1.2 will replace some of the original levels e1m1 ,e1m6 and maybe some others, and it'll add one or two more maps to a certain episode. Besides that lots of original maps are being reconstructed (adding more detail, new areas ect.) as we speak. I've almost finished redesigning episode one.
theleo_ua

Post by theleo_ua »

Caleb, could you please take a look at this issue in GZDoom with moc11: https://mantis.zdoom.org/view.php?id=352

Is it moc bug or GZDoom bug?
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

There are 2 possible options:
1.- This mapset was made for Zdoom 2.5 and played in GZDoom 1.8.x versions, so probably in newer versions, this script could be broken...or...
2.- This is a bug for the map and still haven't fixed.

Hope this helps...
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

theleo_ua wrote:Caleb, could you please take a look at this issue in GZDoom with moc11: https://mantis.zdoom.org/view.php?id=352

Is it moc bug or GZDoom bug?
I'm not sure. Old MOC was played in Zdoom. v1.2 will require Gzdoom to work because of some 3d floors and ambient lights. And as I said new e1m6 will be totally different but setting is going to be the same (Frozen Wasteland)
Viscont23

Post by Viscont23 »

Holy s***! I discovered this wad a couple of weeks ago, was completely astonished... BEST megawad EVER! Caleb26 and others involved - thank you so much for this masterpiece. Can't wait to try v1.2, good luck with your work!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I'm in need of maps for Heretic. Even more now that one of my projects (Flakes Doom) is compatible with Heretic :)

I'll give this a try tomorrow. :)
theleo_ua

Post by theleo_ua »

Hi again, Caleb.

With release of GZDoom 3.0.0 (they removed fmod) I tried moc11.wad in it and received next audio experience: World/waterfall sound now play at high volume and silences all other sounds (so I only hear waterfall sound and it is harder to hear and recognize other sounds), for example at the start of e2m10 - here is the video with fmod and openal comparison at that place: https://youtu.be/VNPw2ycGQ3M

Could you please try e2m10 with latest GZDoom on your PC - will you receive same audio experience? What do you think about this, should this be fixed in moc 1.2?

From my point of view, it looks a little bit strange, especially at the start of the level, so I made next temporary workaround in my mods in SNDINFO:

$volume world/waterfall 0.3 //OPENAL FIX

Of course it is not as good as in fmod, but at least it doesn't silences other sounds, so I can easily hear them
invisible_warrior

Post by invisible_warrior »

I'm doing speedruns of this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTsQKH ... QFA/videos
There is no particular order in which I do maps, just as I get ideas.
I do black plague speed (just exit fast) and max (exit with all kills and secrets) runs.
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

theleo_ua wrote:Hi again, Caleb.

With release of GZDoom 3.0.0 (they removed fmod) I tried moc11.wad in it and received next audio experience: World/waterfall sound now play at high volume and silences all other sounds (so I only hear waterfall sound and it is harder to hear and recognize other sounds), for example at the start of e2m10 - here is the video with fmod and openal comparison at that place: https://youtu.be/VNPw2ycGQ3M

Could you please try e2m10 with latest GZDoom on your PC - will you receive same audio experience? What do you think about this, should this be fixed in moc 1.2?

From my point of view, it looks a little bit strange, especially at the start of the level, so I made next temporary workaround in my mods in SNDINFO:

$volume world/waterfall 0.3 //OPENAL FIX

Of course it is not as good as in fmod, but at least it doesn't silences other sounds, so I can easily hear them
Right now I'm revisiting/retooling and rebuilding e2m4 Soon I'll revisit e2m12 (The Fountain of Youth). From what I'm seeing and hearing right now the waterfall looping sound at the start of the level is normal since there are multiple ambient waterfall sound spots near the start and in lots of other places near this area.
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

invisible_warrior wrote:I'm doing speedruns of this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTsQKH ... QFA/videos
There is no particular order in which I do maps, just as I get ideas.
I do black plague speed (just exit fast) and max (exit with all kills and secrets) runs.
LOL about e3m6. I forgot to add an impassable line near that small window. I need to post some new screenshots to show you all that the project is still going on.
theleo_ua

Post by theleo_ua »

For those who interested: Masters of Chaos 1.1 speedrun in 47:21: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYVLK6en6Nw

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”