Pirate Doom! - House of Mojo 06/05/14

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Big C

Re: [WIP] Pirate Doom!

Post by Big C »

I cracked up when I stumbled into a Cheep Cheep floating around the ship. :lol:
lzvk25

Post by lzvk25 »

While playing this last level, I noticed that you are using the standard green armor, so I searched among my files for something better and I found these 2 old spanish armors :

A Plate Mail Armor : Image

A "Noble's" Armor : Image

As far as I know they are from Daggerfall.
(EDIT : No. These are from Diablo 2
Diablo II items - release 4
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23289)

(EDIT 2 : Download at http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... -items.zip)

And these ones, way more simple are from Whitchhaven :

A Bronze Armor : Image

A Leather Armor : Image

A Chain Mail Armor : Image

I hope it helps.
Last edited by lzvk25 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

lzvk25 wrote:While playing this last level, I noticed that you are using the standard green armor, so I searched among my files for something better and I found these 2 old spanish armors :

As far as I know they are from Daggerfall.
They aren't. I don't know where they come from, but I'm positive it's not from Daggerfall.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

They're from Diablo 2, actually.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Downloading asap.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

YARG!!!! a barnacle I be!!!!! A future level can have a tavern called 'Barnacle Bar!' LOL!!!! The pirate-themed bouncers can be Mancubi who say that instead of their other sound - sounds similar but it's different.
lzvk25

Post by lzvk25 »

ChronoSeth wrote:They're from Diablo 2, actually.
Thank You for clarifying this issue. I just couldn't find from where I got these originally. Most likely it was a post somewhere and for sure now the link is dead. :D

Edit : FOUND IT !! Diablo II items - release 4
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23289

EDIT 2 : And just for a change the link in mediafire does not work any more. Does anybody still have the full collection ?

I still don't understand why people still use commercial servers that delete the files in no time and many of them have a very limited bandwith while we can use the servers in http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/home for all of our Doom related files.
:roll:
lzvk25

Post by lzvk25 »

And finally, for what it is worth and if anybody cares, I am getting these errors in maps 01 and 02 :
Spoiler:
Arch

Post by Arch »

Oh thanks I didn´t get these errors, now they´re fixed.
And those armors may fit, I´ll test them in game soon. Thank you!
ShadesMaster wrote:YARG!!!! a barnacle I be!!!!! A future level can have a tavern called 'Barnacle Bar!' LOL!!!! The pirate-themed bouncers can be Mancubi who say that instead of their other sound - sounds similar but it's different.
LOL I´m seriously thinking of it!! Your "Treasure Cove" level ideia worked nice, I already wanted to make a tavern level, this is a good name! Keep posting these crazy level ideias, until now I used 100% of them :mrgreen:
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Yeah, and imagine if the Mancubi shot out flaming BARNACLES instead of just fireballs! This can work... it can be a partially outdoors-style bar as well... just like some real life places in the Hamptons on Long Island I've been to! :D :D
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

As for music what adding this piece from Alone in the Dark 2 as a intermission perhaps?

Arch

Post by Arch »

Nice music! Reminded me of a Black Sabbath song, "Solitude". I didn´t remeber Alone in the Dark 2 had this piratish theme, I´ll search for more songs!

Also, finished another monster sprite and started the "Barnacle Bar" map!
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Arch wrote:I didn´t remeber Alone in the Dark 2 had this piratish theme, I´ll search for more songs!
Well the entire game was about Pirates actually (well the main antagonist was a immortal Pirate named "One Eyed Jack" who sailed the "Flying Dutchman" which was the infamous Ghost Ship).

Well to explain the whole thing:

lzvk25

Post by lzvk25 »

lzvk25 wrote:
ChronoSeth wrote:They're from Diablo 2, actually.
Thank You for clarifying this issue. I just couldn't find from where I got these originally. Most likely it was a post somewhere and for sure now the link is dead. :D

Edit : FOUND IT !! Diablo II items - release 4
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23289

EDIT 2 : And just for a change the link in mediafire does not work any more. Does anybody still have the full collection ?

I still don't understand why people still use commercial servers that delete the files in no time and many of them have a very limited bandwith while we can use the servers in http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/home for all of our Doom related files.
:roll:
AGAIN, FOUND IT !!! After rummaging inside several DVD's, I found the file where I got the armors and several other goodies, you can now download it at http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... -items.zip
:D :D :D
rosfell

Post by rosfell »

You're doing it well my friend, but I found a couple of bugs on map 03, first I was unable to raise the bridge for some strange reason, also the game crashed when i got the blue key at the end of the level, I'm not sure what happened but well, could you fix it please?

PD: Forgive me if my english is not good enough, It's been a long time since I used it...

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”