[WIP] MindFuck

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] MindFuck

Postby grouchbag » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:47 am

That is absolutely gorgeous! :wub:
grouchbag

Postby Crudux Cruo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:31 pm

well i've tried this, but its too early for me to judge, but i like where its going. ill say right now weapon redundancy might be an issue; maybe you should be able to carry one at a time only?
Crudux Cruo
"It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here."

Postby Zenon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:10 am

doomer1 wrote:well i've tried this, but its too early for me to judge, but i like where its going.

Same here. This shows so much potential.
Also, try not to rush.
Zenon
Mostly Confused

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ravick » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks for the comments, guys, and sorry for taking so long to reply. (I work in a rural area by now, and internet connection here is horrible. My Facebook gets crazy and multiplies my messages almost every time I try to post, for example ¬¬)

doomer1 wrote:well i've tried this, but its too early for me to judge, but i like where its going. ill say right now weapon redundancy might be an issue; maybe you should be able to carry one at a time only?

Yes, I'm still thinking on how to manage the weapons carrying. I'd like to make something like the modern shooters, in which you obtain weapons by pressing "use" on it, and not just walking over it, and also drop the gun you are using if you obtain a new one. Doom3 is weird for me in this case, because it is absurd to "carry" a rocket launcher and a chaingun/minigun and also use a plasma rifle, hehe. But I'm afraid it'd be bad for the gameplay. So I'm still not very sure of how to manage this.

Some bigger weapons will not be able to be carried, like the rocket launcher. Player will drop it on the deselect action. It happens with the pipe now, but is a little annoying yet because player still gets the pipe if he walks over it after having just dropped it. I think the 'press use' feature would solve this problem.

The variety of weapons are most because of the history: Enforcer pistol, semi-auto shotgun and rifle are Marine's weaponry, while Glock pistol, shotgun and "autogun" are security guard's weapons. Beretta, revolver and double barrel shotgun are illicit/trafficked weapons inside UAC, and usually appears with civilians and/or zombies. The melee weapons will be varied so player can use scenario object as weapons (gas cylinders, chairs, pipes, barrels, etc) and also work tools (chainsaw, wrench, maybe screwdrivers and drills).

I still thinking on how to manage it and keep a good gameplay, so any suggestion is welcome. :)

Saya-chan wrote:By the way I love that little detail of having spooky imagery creeping around the borders of the screen in complete darkness.

Hehe, i guess you are talking about one specifically screenshot! :twisted:
Ravick
Do what thou wilt, since you don't bug the hell out of me!

Postby Leonard2 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Ravick wrote:I still thinking on how to manage it and keep a good gameplay, so any suggestion is welcome. :)

Ravick wrote:I'd like to make something like the modern shooters, in which you obtain weapons by pressing "use" on it, and not just walking over it, and also drop the gun you are using if you obtain a new one.

Ravick wrote:Some bigger weapons will not be able to be carried, like the rocket launcher. Player will drop it on the deselect action. It happens with the pipe now, but is a little annoying yet because player still gets the pipe if he walks over it after having just dropped it. I think the 'press use' feature would solve this problem.

Ravick wrote:The melee weapons will be varied so player can use scenario object as weapons (gas cylinders, chairs, pipes, barrels, etc) and also work tools (chainsaw, wrench, maybe screwdrivers and drills).

I don't know if the whole "press use" thing is a good idea. Maybe you could fix the pipe problem simply by making the player "throw" it away instead of just "dropping" it at his foot.
I like the idea of making big weapons not being able to be carried. You could make the player be able to carry 2 or 3 small weapons like the glock and the flashlight should be counted too. You could also put a "backpack" somewhere so the player could carry more weapons and even the flares too. After picking it up the player could use an inventory system to carry these things and if a weapon is used, it would replace the first or second or whatever weapons the player wants in their slot (that would be like taking the weapon out of the backpack and putting the one in the player's hand in).
Last edited by Leonard2 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard2

Postby LucasGodzilla » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:38 pm

I kind of hate the name "Mindf*ck". Could you change it to something a bit better?
LucasGodzilla

Postby TypeSaucy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:07 pm

LucasGodzilla wrote:I kind of hate the name "Mindf*ck". Could you change it to something a bit better?

i didn't mind the name, honestly.
the screenshots and vid definitely looks like a Mindfuck. :P
TypeSaucy

Discord: TypeSaucy #3162

Postby Ravick » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:20 pm

(i've fixed my internet conection problems, so I can finally log here daily again! :D )

Leonard2 wrote:I don't know if the whole "press use" thing is a good idea. Maybe you could fix the pipe problem simply by making the player "throw" it away instead of just "dropping" it at his foot.

It is the way the pipe works now, Player throw it a little far when droping it, and the droped pipe cannot be picked up by a few seconds. But it is still annoying in the dark areas, when player is running away from danger and passes over the pipe. :(

Leonard2 wrote:I like the idea of making big weapons not being able to be carried. You could make the player be able to carry 2 or 3 small weapons like the glock and the flashlight should be counted too. You could also put a "backpack" somewhere so the player could carry more weapons and even the flares too. After picking it up the player could use an inventory system to carry these things and if a weapon is used, it would replace the first or second or whatever weapons the player wants in their slot (that would be like taking the weapon out of the backpack and putting the one in the player's hand in).

Oops, i forgot to mention that the backpack will have this function. But I like this idea of replacing the slot itself (I don't know how I could do that yet however, haha)

I was thinking at it in these days I could not log here in Zdoom. For a better balance, it could be that the player would be able to carry two 'small' weapons ("side arms", like pistols*) and one big (two hands, like shotgun or rifle) weapon. And also if he picks up some melee weapon form the scenario, he'd be able to use it without loosing any 'real' weapon. After taking a backpack, I guess he could be able to carry all the not-too-big-nor-to-absurd-weapon (I mean, he'd not carry chairs in the backpack, but all or almost the real weapons that are not too big).

LucasGodzilla wrote:I kind of hate the name "Mindf*ck". Could you change it to something a bit better?

Hehe! There was a release at DoomWorld foruns of another mod called "Mindfuck". Since then I was thinking about it too. I don't know, at first I decided to just add an "s" and call it MidFucks, but them I've remembered that Revilution once gave me the idea of calling it "FodeMentes" (wich means mindfuck in portuguese). I'm also still thinking at it. :?:

(*) There is some expressions in English that is still not very clear for me. In movies and games the "side arm" is a pistol, but I don't know exactly what it means... o.õ
Ravick

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Ravick wrote:(*) There is some expressions in English that is still not very clear for me. In movies and games the "side arm" is a pistol, but I don't know exactly what it means... o.õ

A sidearm is basically a smaller, backup weapon (pistols and revolvers are well-suited for this) that, in most cases, someone would only use if their main weapon (such as a combat rifle) was lost, ran out of ammo, isn't being carried at the time, is too big/unnecessary for the job, etc.

To be technical, a sidearm could also be something like a dagger. The point is that it's easily carried and ready to draw and use very quickly.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby Ravick » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Hum, got it! Thanks! :)
Ravick

Postby Ichtudirweh » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Hey Ravick. Is the project dead? I would love to do some co-op with my friend. Just wondering about the status of this wad. Thanks.
Ichtudirweh

Postby Ravick » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:35 am

Its not dead, Ichtudirweh. Sorry the long time to reply. :)

BTW,

Spoiler:

MErry = X-MAS!

This is the oldest map of the mod, and is a little more "action" then horror.
I was away for some time, but now I'm modding again.
Ravick

Postby Ribo Zurai » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:49 am

Oh man this looks sweet.
Ribo Zurai

Postby Pedro vc » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Nice to see this project still alive.
Pedro vc

Postby RastaManGames » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:56 am

Spoiler: "Error While Launching"

P.S.: I am using Last SVN Build.
RastaManGames
Siberian Doomer

Discord: ℝ𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕄𝕒𝕟𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤#4168

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects