[WIP] MindFuck

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ravick

Re: [WIP] MindFuck

Post by Ravick »

"'user_carregador' is already defined in 'ZPistolMarineCrouch' or one of its ancestors."

Now it does not allow actors to have user variables with the same names of variables from actors they inherit from. I've fixed it in my version, but when I've posted the 'debugging version', the engine used to allow us to to that.

As I was learning and testing along with this mod's evolution, I'm afraid crashes like this may become a problem when I release a final version, =/
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

// double post

I've fixed the said bug on the pre alpha version of the first page to work with the latest (G)ZDoom, in case of someone wants to play it. This version, however, is the same of 2013, made only to test a few bugs that has appeared when new versions of GZDoom did come out. It is not mean to be rly played, it jus has a few (unfinished) maps to test some bugs.

(BTW, the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1wd3 ... 1A%232.wad )
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Pedro VC and Ravick still alive :O
Pedro vc

Post by Pedro vc »

There's some brazilian "survivors" in this forum, you guys may want to join in:
http://brasdoomfrm.forumeiros.com/
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Nothing much special, I've just put some sprites of custom zombies I've made for this mod in a sample sheet:
Spoiler:
(Yeah, I know the last 2 ones are misaligned in the sheet, you don''t need to point me that!) :P

Most of them are cpoy-n-paste work based on other authors works. Just a few graphics are rly mine, but it takes some work to do after all...

Well, this project lives. It evolves slowly, but I wont drop it until it is done. I have promised a few maps to another project, so MindFuck is on a little hold by now, but it wont be for too long.

:)
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Oh, seems you have read my mind. I was thinking of asking "is this project dead?" just the other day. So, thanks for keeping it alive!
GOODGOOD

Post by GOODGOOD »

the flashlights need to have a spread mode like to see surrounding area in close range, or give the player a night vision goggles as a secret item in middle of chapter 1 or as a progressive item later found in the middle game to be used in a I dunno... in half chapter 2 maybe? but maybe to make more "balanced" is to make nv goggles a battery, or a cooldown for it (slow recharge slow drain, slow recharge fast drain but not too fast just the same battery drain in outlast) and maybe add a chance for battery spawning chance (optional for difficulties) pussy:95% easy: 85% normal:75% or 60% hard:50% very hard:40 very hard: 25% MINDFUCK:10%, also maybe horde or increase of zombies encountered pussy:3% of horde spawning, easy:5% normal:8% hard:10% very hard:15% MINDFUCK:25% or [INSERT WHATEVER YOU WANT PERCENT HERE] (Optional for horde)
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I've made the flashlight more or less the same way the 1th Half Life's one: a damageless hitscan with a dinamic light in the end of it. I was thinking in improving it, maybe having two dinamic lights on its end, one strong and small, another very weak and wider. More or less like this:
Spoiler:
But, to see the surrounding area in close range, I don't know how I'd do that. I've seem some really nice flashlights in DooM mods nowadays, much better than mine, maybe I can borrow some ideas from such mods.

In any case, there are more light sources for the dark areas now. Besides the Doom3-style flashlights and the flares, now it has a glow-stick, two different kinds of lamps, a lighter and a flare gun. They are not placed in a evolving-weapon-power way, I mean, you do not found a weaker light source in the first maps and a stronger later on, these things are to be found in natural places it's supposed to be. Lets say, you can find a glow-stick into a locker, a flare-gun in top-roof or dock areas, a lamp near a dead body and so on. They'll last for several minutes, but you'll eventually lost them.

A night google, I don't know. I've tested Zdoom's native one, but it does not fit the mod very well. Maybe in the future, I dunno. :)
tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Oh, seems you have read my mind. I was thinking of asking "is this project dead?" just the other day. So, thanks for keeping it alive!
The mod will only die if I die... or if I have an illness or disabling event such as a stroke or something. :mrgreen:
I'm decided to finish this. It may take long, maybe, but will be finished! :)
LucasGodzilla wrote:I kind of hate the name "Mindf*ck". Could you change it to something a bit better?
I kind of get sicked of this name too. There is another mod called Mindfuck, and this is not a memorable name or so, it is just an Internet slang. By the course the story is taking, I'd preffer someting like Life's Doom, and maybe a subtitle referring to "mindfucks". I still don't know.
GOODGOOD

Post by GOODGOOD »

Ravick wrote:I've made the flashlight more or less the same way the 1th Half Life's one: a damageless hitscan with a dinamic light in the end of it. I was thinking in improving it, maybe having two dinamic lights on its end, one strong and small, another very weak and wider. More or less like this:
Spoiler:
But, to see the surrounding area in close range, I don't know how I'd do that. I've seem some really nice flashlights in DooM mods nowadays, much better than mine, maybe I can borrow some ideas from such mods.

In any case, there are more light sources for the dark areas now. Besides the Doom3-style flashlights and the flares, now it has a glow-stick, two different kinds of lamps, a lighter and a flare gun. They are not placed in a evolving-weapon-power way, I mean, you do not found a weaker light source in the first maps and a stronger later on, these things are to be found in natural places it's supposed to be. Lets say, you can find a glow-stick into a locker, a flare-gun in top-roof or dock areas, a lamp near a dead body and so on. They'll last for several minutes, but you'll eventually lost them.
Oh Well thats fine to me but Lamps [Insert Idubbbz "Oh Hell Yeah" quote] This is getting interesting, Keep Up the good work man i'm starting plan to scare myself... but my pc is dead :cry: . anyways do flare GUN damage enemies when direct hit an enemy?
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

GOODGOOD wrote: anyways do flare GUN damage enemies when direct hit an enemy?
Spoiler:
Anyway, I must say that this is a little lame yet. There are visual effects to implement. The flare must stick in the target at the same position it hits, and must fall or explode when its target dies.
I also wanna make the flare's bounce to behave more or less like the one in this video, at 2:28:
Spoiler:
Oh, and, ignore the ugly test map I've used for the video... :roll:

Edit: Also ignore the DECORATE error msgs... It is because a non-finished hellish pod that is present in the map...

Edit#2: Almost everybody who watched the video is complaining abou the female zombie sounds looking more as a sex thing then an undead thing... If someone could point me good sounds of female zombies, I'd appreciate that. They are quite rare. :(
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

Ravick wrote:
GOODGOOD wrote: Edit: Also ignore the DECORATE error msgs... It is because a non-finished hellish pod that is present in the map...
GZDoom 2.2.0 and dev builds literally wont launch with this mod, so kind of hard to ignore
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I mean, in the video. This is a development version yet.

There are still many "red lines" to fix. D: As I'm doing some maps I've promised for another mod first, I'll take them off later. In that specifically case, it is a "hellish plant" that still does not have a reproducing state/label like the others.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Hi there.

Yet again, nothing fancy: Only two test videos and a new debuging version for download.

So, this video shows a few tests:
Spoiler:
And this one shows the "savegame is from a different level" bug:
Spoiler:
Also, the new downloadable debugging only version is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gdaawkqj2 ... 5022017.7z
If you can help me with this bug, please, post some help. :(
And, in anyway, any feedback about the map itself would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: This "debug" version was uploaded because of this bug,

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”