Reelism Gold! Expansion Pack 3 (X3.1 Patch p.101)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Snarboo

Re: [Released!] Reelism - Night of the Everything

Post by Snarboo »

I had a blast playing around with this last night! About the only thing that's missing is multiplayer, but that's probably not possible to implement.

There's one thing that bothers me, though, and that's the flamethrower. It's the most useless weapon in the entire arsenal IMO, mostly because I often end up walking into my own flames and killing myself. Any chance you could tweak it? Increasing its range might help, as well as giving the player a small immunity to his own flames.

Edit:
I can also confirm that the RNG seed breaks after beating the boss, but I assume this is because it's loading an autosave rather than reloading the entire map.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

It is. If you want a clean re-roll every time, disable autosave.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Regarding random number generators - you might want to give this a try.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I played with this quite a bit, and so far, I defeated Boss, El Cyberdemon, Dog Pope, and Imp Tank. Upon using the drill, I was surprised at how easily I could just stunlock bosses like Dog Pope.

Anyways, the only enemies I found annoying in the mod were the robots and the hitscan zombie enemies. (especially the shotgunners) The brony enemies I found somewhat funny, given that I didn't really care about the whole MLP craze to begin with.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

OH MY *CAKE* THIS IS AWESOME

i just rolled a round with Flying/GODDAMN TANK/Floating eyes.

I just went all like, "MY TANK IS FLIGHT!!!!!!!1", and started plowing through the clouds of angry eyes while laughing like a maniac. Until my dad came in and told me I was being too loud. :V
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

Posted by request.
IsNatureToDie's Doom flaming arms, as a comedic flaming death may be made for the player.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

While all the cool kids are posting updates, Reelism v1.1 is ready to roll! Here be the fixes...

Corpse Cleanup System: Basically, if there's no way for you to possibly see a dead body, it will be removed from the map. This should help avoid having hundreds of corpses lowering framerate on lower-end systems.

Optimised Laser Effect: Lasers don't have as many trails left behind them anymore.

Flamethrower Improvements: On one hand, the flames move much faster and as such have a better range. On the other, they do less damage individually. Thanks to Snarboo and Cream-of-Plenty for the suggestion!

Skulltag Tags: Should Skulltag ever actually be able to play this pile of crap, weapons will display nice names when you select them instead of crap like "NewFlamethrower".

Spawners and Crates are Randomer: Item and weapon spawners and crate contents were unneccesarily weighted towards specfic results. Fixed! Thanks to InsanityBringer for the help.

Code Janitoring: Some fixes and improvements and reworking here and there. Nothing visible to the player for the most part, but they'll make my life easier.

Fire Death Effect: Oh, the hacks, the hacks... the player now has the same fancy fire death effect as the enemies. Perhaps a little buggy right now, but I'll see what I can't do...
Cheers to Edward850 and Minigunner for the suggestion!

Dynamic Lighting: GLDEFS are in! Now things actually cast light like they're supposed to! Well, more or less, anyway.

In-Game Changelog: Because lots of people are too lazy to read this post.

A Very Minor Fix To Gutrot Island: Just a small visual quirk from a last minute change. Nothing big.

...And A Little Something Extra: You'll know it when it kills you.
Zombieguy

Re: [Version 1.1!] Reelism - Night of the Everything

Post by Zombieguy »

Sweet!
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Also, another thing I noticed: I've found that often after winning something manages to kill me triggering the end screen as the victory screen rolls on screen. Perhaps defeating the boss, you should make the player invulnerable to prevent this?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

InsanityBringer wrote:Also, another thing I noticed: I've found that often after winning something manages to kill me triggering the end screen as the victory screen rolls on screen. Perhaps defeating the boss, you should make the player invulnerable to prevent this?
This usually means that the boss somehow died to something other than the player, and the script didn't apply the invulnerability script to him.

I'll have to rejig the script a little.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

If the randomizer gives you the tank while you're inside the house in The Internet Machine, you're stuck in the ceiling until the next round.

[edit] Uh actually it refuses to let me out of the tank even in the next round - I'm stuck for all eternity. =P
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Can I suggest that the zombies shoot fast projectiles instead of hitscans? They make the game like a zillion times harder every time they spawn.

...actually, no, the fact that unmodded zombiemen are the game-changing super-hard monster in this mod is too awesome to change.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Don't know how this happened but I was playing on Gutrot Island, got to the boss stage, was told I was going to face the dog-pope, heard it howl but... no boss. I wandered the whole map, eventually managing to find and kill everything (I was cheating by the time I finished doing this). The alt-HUD confirmed that all the enemies were dead. No boss to be found. :shrug:
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

How am I supposed to use the .pk7 file? Just double-clicking on Reelism doesn't allow me to open it with anything I currently have.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Drop it into ZDoom's EXE, or use a launcher (you may need to type *.* in to the file name box to show all the files).

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”