Reelism Gold! Expansion Pack 3 (X3.1 Patch p.101)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ribo Zurai

Re: [Released!] Reelism - Night of the Everything

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Kinsie wrote:
Mikk- wrote:FU­CK YOU! IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS YET
I love you, timezones. :lol:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Kinsie wrote:
Gothic wrote:excellent mod, but too laggy when the threes appears :P
Congrats on getting the first official Jackpot! Unless someone beat you to it and didn't post, of course :P
I got a Jackpot before the time of that post. However, I didn't realise that the jackpots were meant to be particularly special and I didn't catch what it actually said (so I didn't post). After I got the jackpot, a bunch of Sonic characters spawned. Is that related?
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Got to round 6 with 13620 points on my third try (after figuring out what was going on XD). Finally got finished off by some boss thingy.

This is awesome! :laff:
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Found it pretty fun, but you need to tweak your WeaponPriorities a bit because every time I ran out of ammo I instantly got the fists out, rather than something a bit more capable.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

This is epicrediboss. An arcade Roguelike. Friggin' brilliant. Multiplayer with this would be spectacular.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Soooo much hilarity. The fact that you busted out music from Donkey Kong Country and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest sells it. Certainly a preliminary nominee for Cacowards 19!
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Enjay wrote:
Kinsie wrote:
Gothic wrote:excellent mod, but too laggy when the threes appears :P
Congrats on getting the first official Jackpot! Unless someone beat you to it and didn't post, of course :P
I got a Jackpot before the time of that post. However, I didn't realise that the jackpots were meant to be particularly special and I didn't catch what it actually said (so I didn't post). After I got the jackpot, a bunch of Sonic characters spawned. Is that related?
There's different jackpots for different number matches (so 1-1-1, 2-2-2 etc. all have different effects).
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Captain Ventris wrote:Multiplayer with this would be spectacular.
I'd love to do this. It'd take a little bit of script adaption though. Also I'd have to figure out how to handle death in a multiplayer context. Do I give players only one life, or give death a score penalty, or what? Maybe sometime in the next month or two I'll corner some people to help out.
InsanityBringer wrote:Found it pretty fun, but you need to tweak your WeaponPriorities a bit because every time I ran out of ammo I instantly got the fists out, rather than something a bit more capable.
Duly noted. It annoys me too.
Steve1664 wrote:Soooo much hilarity. The fact that you busted out music from Donkey Kong Country and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest sells it. Certainly a preliminary nominee for Cacowards 19!
I wouldn't say it's Cacowards material yet, but I thank you for your praise!

Thanks for the positive feedback so far, guys! I'm really happy to finally release this, but I'm far from done with it. I want to add more rules, more game modes, difficulty settings and more maps. If you have any suggestions, please let 'em rip!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I have to say, I was a little disappointed by the weapons. Ones like the flamethrower and drill were cool, but all of the other weapons were not as fun as the rest of the game. Weapons like the pistol, the shotgun, the super-shotgun, the boring Heretic ripped weapons and the GODDAMNED FIREMACE. You also couldn't fire the machinegun on the tank. If you are going to update this, it would be great to see some more creative weapons.

EDIT: I would like to restate how awesome the drill is.
Last edited by SamVision on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I can agree with that. I'm going to add more weapons in updates - kind of fixated on the remote mines from Goldeneye right now...
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

This mod is pure gold. But I have a few suggestions for it:

- You should make all monster corpses to disappear after a few seconds, that will reduce slowdown.
- Add more ammo, most of the time I fight with my fists.
- Make the Tank more rare, I got it 2 rounds in a row.
- Add a few more weapons, for the lols ~
- Add a few maps. Not as big as Gutrot City, it kinda lags a lot for me.

And that's all. :D Hey, who here ever got a 6-6-6 jackpot? I've always wondered what it does.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Suggestion: Avoid rolling "The Jerk Cometh" on the first round. Since the spawners haven't kicked on yet, there's no other monsters to keep you on your toes and thus it's pretty much a boring free-weapons round if you find a good place to hide.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

I always hole up in the building on The Internet Machine, and rolling the Tank means I get stuck in the walls. Not much you can do there without moving the player in a possibly unsatisfactory manner, but it's something to puzzle your puzzler over.

And yeah, Gutrot island lags to a point of relative unplayability for me, sadly.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

SamVision wrote:You also couldn't fire the machinegun on the tank.
Having the machine gun on alt-fire would be very nice.
Ribo Zurai wrote:- Make the Tank more rare, I got it 2 rounds in a row.
Agreed. That has happened to me a number of times. Almost once per game.
SamVision wrote:EDIT: I would like to restate how awesome the drill is.
Yes, yes it is.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

The slots aren't actually weighted at all. Getting a tank twice is only a 1/81 chance, so really it's just luck on your part.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”