Reelism Gold! Expansion Pack 3 (X3.1 Patch p.101)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Reelism Gold! Expansion Pack 3 (X3.1 Patch p.101)

Post by Captain J »

Hoh my, i never seen any new maps for REELism before. They looks really fun to play! And thank Dog Pope for the topic-related post!

EDIT: And hope it's okay. Because i forgot to post some REELism fan arts here!
Spoiler:
Last edited by Captain J on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

I haven't seen a Reelism Map pack being uploaded for a long time. that was ten months since the Block Fort Map made by Shadow Hog back at December.
Oh, and Thank you for the new maps Dog Pope! and Captain J, I love some Reelism fan art, I played this wad for a very long time.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hey, i played your new map pack, Gothic. Those are fun and fine maps! Except i have one gripe to confess; A Grave Night has some fitting musics and such. However, they're too much chiptune-ish. It kinda ruins the whole spooky-PC Blood mood.

Would've been nice if Ghosts 'n Goblins ones were all Arcade version. Also i should mention that Thunderbolt Cultist sound bug is still relevant.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

Gothic, that would be even more cool if you add LSD: Dream Emulator music to the Paranoid map during the 999 jackpot.
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Captain J wrote:i have one gripe to confess; A Grave Night has some fitting musics and such. However, they're too much chiptune-ish. It kinda ruins the whole spooky-PC Blood mood.
I admit, I was expecting the Blood soundtrack as well.

But hey, at least the 9-9-9 jackpot...
Spoiler:
...so it's not all bad.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

Gothic, I got a Question for you,why is Castle of the Bark Lord not in the Halloweeism map pack?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Halloweeism?

Are there more maps for Reelism that I'm missing?
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

DoomKrakken wrote:Halloweeism?

Are there more maps for Reelism that I'm missing?
Jade Valley from Sonic RoboBlast 2 by D00D64 https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?p=729542
it also lacks a map specific jackpot though.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Link is dead. I'll head over to the Download Broken thread.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

Happy Halloweeism! (Which I meant to say was Halloween.)
Techokami
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Techokami »

Man I wish I knew about that SRB2 map, I'd love to give it a go. If someone could mirror that, it would be much appreciated!

Somewhat related to that, I had an idea for a boss that Kinsie felt was a bit too "on the nose": Dr. Eggman in his Eggmobile, using SRB2 assets. He'd attack by shooting lasers/rockets and spawning robot enemies from the existing RoBots reel, so you'd be swamped with Trackbots and Firebots if you don't take him out quickly.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Aww, only on an Eggmobile? I expected him to take Death Egg Robot a spin!
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Techokami wrote:Man I wish I knew about that SRB2 map, I'd love to give it a go. If someone could mirror that, it would be much appreciated!
I have the map, though I feel like it needs a lot of tweaking. For one thing, the sky starts out as the proper Greenflower Zone sky, before turning to Doom 2's SKY1 the instant the reels start rolling. Also, sector-based springs instead of Thing-based ones that you could make via DECORATE or ZScript; hard water instead of the 3D-sector based water from the original (D00D said he didn't like the enemies getting stuck deep in the pond, so this might actually be a good change); and, perhaps most egregiously, absolutely no 9-9-9 jackpot to speak of (so one'd have to be made). If I did release it, it'd be as-is, as a map that needs a bit of loving care still (though I should probably get permission from D00D to do so).

That said, I'm at work, and thus don't have the map on-hand at the moment; y'all'll just have to wait until later.
Techokami wrote:Somewhat related to that, I had an idea for a boss that Kinsie felt was a bit too "on the nose": Dr. Eggman in his Eggmobile, using SRB2 assets. He'd attack by shooting lasers/rockets and spawning robot enemies from the existing RoBots reel, so you'd be swamped with Trackbots and Firebots if you don't take him out quickly.
Personally I was thinking Brak Eggman, but I'm a little concerned it's too similar to El Cybredemon (especially considering I rewrote the guy for 2.1 and more or less turned him into a Cyberdemon). Though, I suppose I could borrow some attacks from both of his incarnations and come up with something slightly different (maybe the glue gun attack and homing rockets from his 2.0 incarnation, and the flamethrower, napalm cluster bombs and Archvile attacks from his 2.1 variant...)?

I also ported the Jetty-Syns at one point, but I didn't like how they worked in Reelism so I never bothered publishing it. You just wind up with them shoving themselves in your face at all times, and they don't really have any wind-up frames for their attacks either... Pretty sure I never implemented some Reelism-specific states, for that matter, and the implementation is based on one I made years ago where they teleport directly into you for position information and teleport back to their original position, instead of just using pitch or something, so it's really awful all around, really.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

I'm looking forward to see Brak Eggman in Reelism soon...
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

undeadmonk354 wrote:I'm looking forward to see Brak Eggman in Reelism soon...
Why? I never said I was planning on making him anytime soon.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”