[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
shotfan

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.8

Post by shotfan »

I can now play this mod and it is excellent! Feels like Quake 3 Deluxe Edition! (nevermind the older engine than the original Q3 :D )

I have two questions:
- Is there any way to exit Cyclops and Tank? If I board them, I will get stuck in them forever.
- Where I can expect to find Cynetik Cannon and Dark Matter Gun? In BFG spawn spots?

As for altfires: well, a homing missile mode for Rocket Launcher is a nobrainer, especially since enemies here are so fast. Also, maybe a plasmathrower mode for Plasma Gun, to make it an flamethrower-equivalent. (also, I thought of the Lightning Gun having an altfire that summons lightning strikes at targeted spots, with a power a bit lower than BFG shots, for 50 battery units per strike - but that may be a bit overpowered :mrgreen: )
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Thanks for playing :D and...

1. Check your controls in "Extra-Player Setup", you will find an option to set up a key for exiting vehicles
2. Cynetik Striker Cannon and Dark Matter Gun drops from bosses rarely, otherwise you can only expect them to appear in secrets in the dungeon maps except for Baerhon's Lair Part 1 and 2 which DMG is necessary for mob control and boss mechanics.

About altfires i am already planning something, and they probably will be like an ultimate attack for the weapons which you need farm a universal type of ammo for all of them, which of course, will take a while to fill it, like Rocket Launcher could fire a redeemer-like rocket, grenade launcher fire a huge grenade which divides into a tons of smaller grenades when explodes, lightning gun casts a true lightning, nailgun fires a giant iron stake that pierces trough enemies... things of that kind.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Sounds like something for an ultimate firing mode... but it'd be nice if they had other alternate firing modes... like what I suggested for the Trakion Cannon earlier...
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Zanieon wrote:Thanks for playing :D and...

1. Check your controls in "Extra-Player Setup", you will find an option to set up a key for exiting vehicles
2. Cynetik Striker Cannon and Dark Matter Gun drops from bosses rarely, otherwise you can only expect them to appear in secrets in the dungeon maps except for Baerhon's Lair Part 1 and 2 which DMG is necessary for mob control and boss mechanics.

About altfires i am already planning something, and they probably will be like an ultimate attack for the weapons which you need farm a universal type of ammo for all of them, which of course, will take a while to fill it, like Rocket Launcher could fire a redeemer-like rocket, grenade launcher fire a huge grenade which divides into a tons of smaller grenades when explodes, lightning gun casts a true lightning, nailgun fires a giant iron stake that pierces trough enemies... things of that kind.
Thanks for the fast reply! I have not noticed the extra menu for vehicular controls. Now I can wreck havoc with no worries :twisted:
Does that mean that I can find CSC or DMG in other wads (I am playing Doom 2 The Way id Did, as my computer is too weak to run your custom maps)? And what counts as a boss, by the way? Cyber/Spider do?
If you decide on this universal ammo need for the altifres, I would prefer it they also required their own standard ammo type, like 10 grenades per cluster bomb (sounds bombastic, by the way :D ) in addition to that universal ammo.
In other addition, I have something in mind for the Railgun's altifre: makes the beam wider and causes splash damage (similar to a Rocket). Mostly intended to make sniping work easier.

Oh, and I just recalled something... why is there no Prox Launcher? It is the only weapon missing here from Q3TA.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

DoomKrakken wrote:Sounds like something for an ultimate firing mode... but it'd be nice if they had other alternate firing modes... like what I suggested for the Trakion Cannon earlier...
I don't know if i will make regular alt fire, we're talking about Quake 3 in case and not Unreal Tournament which each weapon have been thought for alt fires.
shotfan wrote:Thanks for the fast reply! I have not noticed the extra menu for vehicular controls. Now I can wreck havoc with no worries :twisted:
Does that mean that I can find CSC or DMG in other wads (I am playing Doom 2 The Way id Did, as my computer is too weak to run your custom maps)? And what counts as a boss, by the way? Cyber/Spider do?
If you decide on this universal ammo need for the altifres, I would prefer it they also required their own standard ammo type, like 10 grenades per cluster bomb (sounds bombastic, by the way :D ) in addition to that universal ammo.
In other addition, I have something in mind for the Railgun's altifre: makes the beam wider and causes splash damage (similar to a Rocket). Mostly intended to make sniping work easier.

Oh, and I just recalled something... why is there no Prox Launcher? It is the only weapon missing here from Q3TA.
Yep, currently Cyberdemon and Asmodeus (Spider Mastermind) drops CSC and DMG, Mancubus can drop Nailgun and some ammo for it, Bruiser can drop Trakion Cannon as well Chaingun Commando can drop Chaingun or Heavy Machine Gun.

And yeah certainly the weapons would require both ammo types to fire the ultimate, and sure i was thinking in make Railgun have a giant beam too, something like this.

Proximity Mine Launcher was not added due to engine limitations, when shooting one in walls, the engine doesn't truly 'attach' them, so if you shoot them in a door and open it, they will stay in the same place and will not follow the door's movement.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Zanieon wrote: And yeah certainly the weapons would require both ammo types to fire the ultimate, and sure i was thinking in make Railgun have a giant beam too, something like this.
Yeah, sure, why not :lol:
However, some charge-up time would be required (as well as for LG's Lightning Strike), to balance it and make it feel better :D
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.8 (Music Pack reworked)

Post by Zanieon »

Alright people, for over 5 years i made the Music Pack to help players get more into the gorefest frenzy of this mod, and now i decided to update it once more with other songs from Sonic Mayhem as well, i removed some tracks from Quake 2 as Q2's guitars don't fit well with the other songs that comes from Quake 3 since that one is more around electronic and industrial than pure heavy metal.

Another one is coming around christmas day, featuring another round of musics of the same style of Quake 2/3 but from other artists.

P.S: DoomKrakken before you come to say again that MAP31 and MAP32 have unchanged music, now i intentionally left them without replacements.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Link to the Equinox patch in OP is listed as version 4 and is broken. Went to allfearthesentinel and found version 5:

http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... atchv5.wad

Edit: And just noticed the same for the Zones of Fear patch. Now version 3:

http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... atchv3.wad
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Updated OP, i forgot to update those as well, err :bang:
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

MAPS 31-32 are still missing new mu--
Zanieon wrote:P.S: DoomKrakken before you come to say again that MAP31 and MAP32 have unchanged music, now i intentionally left them without replacements.
OOOOOH... OK. :D

(XD)
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.8 (Music Pack 2 Released)

Post by Zanieon »

Well then, here's my christmas gift for everyone this year, this time the music pack features all the 32 tracks.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

OOH!!! Downloading! :D

Merry Christmas! :D
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Posting here as well, Weapon Ultimate altfires are done, the summonable NPC also got a new attack that appears in the video:

Now only few things remains to i improve before releasing Version 2.9, fix few bugs, polish that effect in Hellknight's leap attack among other minor stuff.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

I have been waiting for this! Finally something new to Fuel My Game with! :D
Ultimates look exhilarating! (also, an classic blast mode for the BFG10K? Yay! :D ) I have some questions about them:
- Are Ultimates available for activation as soon as the respective weapon is acquired and you have gathered enough frags, or is something else needed?
- Is that PG-Ultimate an aim-following big plasma bolt?
- Are RL and GL Ultimates both very large explosions?
- Can you still get Impressive Medals with the RG-Ultimate? :lol:
- I guess that MG(or HMG) is not getting any Ultimate? I know that is a bit weak weapon to warrant an Ultimate, but how about a quick burst (around 50 rounds) of perfect accuracy and high rate of fire, turning it into a long-ranged Chaingun for a moment?

One unrelated question: what did that bell-like sound signify in Q3A itself? In HM, I noticed it rings when you reach 50 Excellent Medals and their counter resets (which, I guess, does you nothing). But what was its purpose in the original game?
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Yeah i am also excited to release this thing to see people playing with those Ultimates, they offer an Audio Adrenaline when you are in a Pressure Zone resulting in a Collapse of monsters so they don't Fuck U Up! when trying to get you Swallowed :lol:

1. They are avaliable when you get 30 frags precisely, that white Icon above all weapon icons in the HUD is what tells you when it is ready.

2. Yes, the PG Ultimate will track who you are aiming until it is dead then it will proceed to nearby targets, it lasts 15 seconds and will bounce off walls and floors when it have no target, though this will not work for bosses since the ball works with piercing the monsters which are not the case of those.

3. Kinda, both of them are 384 radius explosions, though the damage amount is different between them, grenade explosion is lower than RL since it scatter regular grenades in all directions.

4. HELL YEAH YOU CAN! Also each monster hit by Railgun's ultimate will cause a small explosion on it, nearby monsters killed by it will also give impressive medals (so yeah using it in a clusterfuck of monsters will gives you Impressive medals FTL)

5. They are basic weapons as Gauntlet, i decided to not give them an Ultimate as well the Special weapons because there's Chaingun already and all other guns have their primary damage pretty high too.

6. The bell ring means you picked up a Kamikaze, though item is useless in single-player because requires your death to work properly as it does in Quake 3 Team Arena, every time the medals counter resets it means you got one of those, 50 Excellent medals gives one kamikaze, 30 Impressive medals gives one Orbital Strike (OEDB), actually i'm also thinking in change this to make the medal manager gives the player a different item when earning the 50 Excellent medals in SP, so this don't becomes so useless.

P.S: One fun thing that i have to say, that spell ring my NPC does when creating the Black Hole actually have readable words on it, i just picked a font that makes it looks like ancient writing but still is written in english.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”