[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.5.1 (New Map Pack released!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7 OUT!

Postby SamVision » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:48 pm

I think player movement speed should be faster, the combat feels uncharacteristically slower than Doom. Also I think you should use A_RailAttack for the Lightning Gun for better emulation of the Q3 weapon.
SamVision

Postby Zanieon » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:33 pm

I used A_RaillAttack on early versions, however it made it look like a bubbles gun instead of an actual lightning gun, and no way i am going to use spawned actors with it since that is very performance intensive.

Also the speed is fine in fact, Quake 3 have that similar speed, but there everything just feels more faster than Doom because many players tends to play on FOV 120 instead of 90 and well, this is not Doom-based afterall, so yeah it may be uncharacteristically slower than vanilla speed, tbh i never liked the original Doomguy running at 200mph, lol.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Discord: Zanieon#3177
Twitch ID: Zanieon
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby cocka » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi!

What are the minimum system requirements to run these maps without lag?
cocka

Postby Zanieon » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Yo! cocka.

Based on the rig i have here:

Minimum System Requirements:
*Intel i3-530 or equivalent
*4GB RAM
*Videocard with at least 1GB VRAM

Recommended System Requirements:
*Intel i5-3330 or equivalent
*8GB RAM
*Videocard with 2GB VRAM

Playing with recommended requirements will run everything pretty fine, the peak of performance drop will only be to Console level, in case, 30FPS.

For minimum requeriments the giant corridor of the first map probably still have many FPS issues if you aggro many monsters at once there, but if you keep going in a more tactical way around, you still can play it normally as the monsters will not make you feel you are playing Touhou.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby LadySlash » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:56 pm

One thing I noticed so far with Mehanir. Still not sure, whether I revealed a glitch to be fixed or an easy way to achieve an advantage against the boss.

The fact is Mehanir can be awakened by players shooting during the countdown to the battle. Then, he opens the gates from his side, but the gates themselves won't open till the end and won't close before the countdown ends. In this way Mehanir acutally stays in his habitat after the countdown... right until it's time for him to do a lightning strike (he is locked in his room, but he still can be drained by players' weapons since he is able to open the gates).

Probably, Mehanir needs some flag or script that makes him deaf.
LadySlash
The Arenas' Guardian

Discord: LadySlash#0440

Postby NullWire » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:23 am

Do you gonna add the proxy launcher? Actually many people think this weapons is useless, but for me it's really useful
NullWire

Postby Zanieon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:52 am

LadySlash, i was aware of this glitch have some time and already fixed it, i discovered it when i was playing with a friend and after the first wipe we was cleaning the balls in the arena before cross the forcefield.

NullWire, i recognize Proximity Mine Launcher uses because i used it to troll alot the bots in Team Arena (that little 3D Model base they included in Team Arena for flags is ultimate troll), however i can't add it to the mod keeping it's original behavior because Doom engine doesn't really know what to do with attached actors in walls, basically those don't move alongside the wall they are attached if it moves, so if you throw some mines in a door and open it, they will remain stopped in air, simply as that. There are ways to reach the necessary effect with some hacks, but i want avoid ACS for such simple things.
Last edited by Zanieon on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby LadySlash » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:45 am

Wow, that looks impressive so far, especially that last one. :wub:
(still trying to recognize any maps from Q3A/Q3TA on the first two screens)

Btw, here is another thing which I revealed occasionally. I accidently activated Kamikaze while using Cyclops and being at full 4500 hp. After that I was still alive having 2000 hp.
When I tried to do the same with the Tank... I suddenly heard Doom's death sound.
This one, perhaps, may be left as it is because... who else would come up with that idea of using Kamikaze inside a vehicle?

And one small suggeston about MP boss battles. How about adding some kind of "Last Standing" notification to the player who is the only one left on the boss arena (at least as a message on the screen)?
LadySlash
The Arenas' Guardian

Postby Zanieon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:41 am

Heh, for now this map doesn't have any room based in original Q3 maps.

Tank is still very buggy and i am thinking seriously in remake all it's code again and yeah almosy nobody thinks in use items inside a vehicle, i may add a lock to prevent this.

Hmm nice idea, i will see if i do something of the kind since when you die inside their arenas you already have the Announcer saying "You have been eliminated".

BTW, i started write some Tutorials about the mod in ModDB to help with performance and weapon management for now but there's more to come, i still will write a Monster Manual as well some Tricks Hints.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7

Postby LadySlash » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:07 pm

(just found time for responding)

Zanieon wrote:BTW, i started write some Tutorials about the mod in ModDB to help with performance and weapon management for now but there's more to come, i still will write a Monster Manual as well some Tricks Hints.

Well, you already have at least one person who confirms the guides' benefits :) At least I got a much better performance and an answer to question of why I don't receive any Excellent medals while cleaning up the area with Cynetik Striker Cannon

And one small thing I forgot to mention previously, this one is related to Asmodeus. It's one month since the verson 2.7 is out, but I haven't got accustomed to her ear-splitting chainguns' sound. Either something is wrong with my configuration or the sound's volume is to be lowered a bit.
LadySlash
The Arenas' Guardian

Postby Zanieon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Asmodeus' Chainguns is intentionally meant to be a bit earrape when near her since its two chainguns firing at once plus the fact it being a highter caliber than player's chaingun, which does a kind of loud firing sound too.

It's like Cyberdemon's new rocket explosion sound too, the old sound fits nice too but doesn't give the feeling of being a high damage explosion.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby LadySlash » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:45 am

Alright, so I'll just keep away from Asmodeus or lower the sound volume in my headphones when she starts her chainguns attack.

Btw, here comes another glitch (probably, you are already aware of it, but if not, here it is). Somehow Hellknight's fireballs just fly through me without delivering any damage.
LadySlash
The Arenas' Guardian

Postby Zanieon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Fixed.

Seems i left some testing code over it and that was causing some strange bug with it's collision.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby LadySlash » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:29 am

Meanwhile, a few more things that seemed to me weird

1. Whenever a grenade hits a barrel (I mean, directly hits, not by splash damage), the barrel explodes, but the grenade still continues bouncing

2. Since v2.7 I can't arrange a fight between Cyberdemon and Asmodeus. They can deliver each other damage, though

3. The Revenant's hit obituary seems to be missing: when he melees me to death, the default "X died" obituary is shown
In addition to this subject: are Cyberdemon and Asmodeus supposed to have their own melee obituaries?

4. The last, but not least, is related to Trakion Cannon. Though I adore this gun a lot, sometimes it seems to me that the gun should take a bit more ammo per shot

Btw, how are things going with "Tips and Tricks" stuff?
LadySlash
The Arenas' Guardian

Postby Zanieon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:50 pm

1. That's the normal behavior from the engine, however i can try some hackery to make grenade explode when hit it a barrel.

2. No fucking idea why.

3. Fixed, it was a typo in language lumps.

4. Same, i increased it's ammo usage from 3 to 10 already, as with backpack you have have 1000 lightning rounds, 100 rounds for trakion is enough.

Well, there's monsters to be explained as powerups and vehicles but those i tend to change a bit from version to version, so the tricks may change as well, like in this next version i am thinking in change Kamikaze's behavior to be a powerup which activates only on player's death as it happens in Q3TA when player doesn't activate by himself, also change the OEDB behavior to be a one-shot strike laser, in the style of Ion Cannon from Command & Conquer.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects