[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6 (New movement and vehicle!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.5.1

Postby insightguy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:26 am

WOOOOO! update!
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

Postby Zanieon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:26 am

Dungeons is kinda more easy to get completed, their rules is easy, kill, kill and kill more, tricks and tactics i'll leave for bosses.

The resources of those maps i divided into another pk3, which can be used by another mappers to make their own maps for the mod (it have storyline and stuff, but for Dungeons theres no story, u just enter for the fun of see what will have in that Dungeon)
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Discord: Zanieon#3177
Twitch ID: Zanieon
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby skornedemon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 am

I'm glad you're still working on this, looks wonderful! I was always a big Quake3 guy. Moreso Quake2, but still.

Those models for the trees and shrubs(though the shrubs could be sprites), what are they from?Ive seen them in other
mod pictures and videos too. Or similar ones. I use 6k Poly models for trees in UltiDoom and I'm looking to downgrade to
something not so harsh.
skornedemon
Doom modding since '99.

Discord: Skorne#1213

Postby Freaklore1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:38 am

So where are you now with the map pack ?

Any progress ?
Freaklore1

Postby Zanieon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:01 am

skornedemon wrote:I'm glad you're still working on this, looks wonderful! I was always a big Quake3 guy. Moreso Quake2, but still.

Those models for the trees and shrubs(though the shrubs could be sprites), what are they from?Ive seen them in other
mod pictures and videos too. Or similar ones. I use 6k Poly models for trees in UltiDoom and I'm looking to downgrade to
something not so harsh.

Thanks and those trees comes from ET:QW, the little dead ones is from Quake 3 Team Arena.

Freaklore1 wrote:So where are you now with the map pack ?

Any progress ?

This video is what i have as progress for now, i know it's kinda disappointing since i started this 2 years ago, but in this meanwhile i really didn't had enough patience or creativity to continue the mapping, now that i got some new musics to get inspiration i'm back on mapping again and hope finish this before the year ends.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby Freaklore1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:15 pm

Say,i've noticed that the grey hud with doom guy face is still there when you change the hud settings,it would be a nice idea if you took a screenie of the face of each characters and put it there,so each time we change classes we can see there face when using that hud.
Freaklore1

Postby Stormblade » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Silly question, but can you just make a Doom 3 Monsters pk3 thing only?

This way we have 3D Doom 3 Monsters?

I don't really like the Quake 3 weapons, I'd rather have my own weapons from elsewhere so.... yeah. :P
Stormblade
Banned User

Postby Yutrzenika » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:16 pm

So the Old School Enemy Resizer add on doesn't appear to be working anymore. Is there any chance of an update to this in the future?
Yutrzenika

Postby Zanieon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Stormblade wrote:Silly question, but can you just make a Doom 3 Monsters pk3 thing only?

This way we have 3D Doom 3 Monsters?

I don't really like the Quake 3 weapons, I'd rather have my own weapons from elsewhere so.... yeah. :P

you're not the first asking for this, some people in Zandronum forums asked the same about, and still i say no, the mod acts as a whole, weapons, monsters, items and characters.

dunno if is this what you have in mind, but isnt so simple make Doom 3 monster models working on the native actors of Doom with the same frame interpolation rate, if u saw how much the DS-Models monsters looks like jerk locked in that 4 or 5 frames of walking that the original monsters have you can imagine what will happen with Doom 3 models.

Yutrzenika wrote:So the Old School Enemy Resizer add on doesn't appear to be working anymore. Is there any chance of an update to this in the future?

I didn't touched in the monsters yet, so prolly the addon will still work until i change something on them, i will keep the addons updated soon as they need, but for now i don't see any problem with it, if for you the monsters are not resizing then i can't imagine what's happening there, anyway have great chances of it get fixed in next version.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby Yutrzenika » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Revilution wrote:I didn't touched in the monsters yet, so prolly the addon will still work until i change something on them, i will keep the addons updated soon as they need, but for now i don't see any problem with it, if for you the monsters are not resizing then i can't imagine what's happening there, anyway have great chances of it get fixed in next version.

I just looked again. I was mistaken. The monsters do resize, but the player does not, which had me confused. Is the player supposed to remain large? It's a little odd shooting monsters that are shorter than you.
Yutrzenika

Postby Zanieon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:39 am

Yeah it's a little strange something of this kind but you know that this addon is just to make sure the monsters don't get stuck with maps where they don't fit but this isn't the real intention, i just made because even me was getting sad by seeing Bruisers, Hellknights, Barons and especially Asmodeus and Cyberdemon stucked in maps because they were too large.

The players i don't touched in the collision for real, well not anymore, some versions ago i did but i restored their original collision which is 16px radius and 56px height, the only thing that i increased on them was the visual scale and view height, collision remains unchaged, of course if you don't count the lasts characters on the list after Klesk, because as i said in the first post right below the addon, Guardian (Nakiel) becomes the largest creature with this enabled.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby RastaManGames » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Why some blood sprites/textures has black BG?

RastaManGames
Syberian Doom Fan

Discord: ℝ𝕒𝕀π•₯π•’π•„π•’π•Ÿπ”Ύπ•’π•žπ•–π•€#4168
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Zanieon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Bug caused by the recent Git builds of GZDoom, i hope graf is working in a way to solve this problem, since he altered so many things in the renderer.

Models lost their interpolation too if you noticed, i recommend you stay with the last G1.9Pre build of GZDoom to not found strange issues like this.
Zanieon
A Tamer of The Dark

Postby RastaManGames » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:29 am

Revilution wrote:Bug caused by the recent Git builds of GZDoom, i hope graf is working in a way to solve this problem, since he altered so many things in the renderer.

Models lost their interpolation too if you noticed, i recommend you stay with the last G1.9Pre build of GZDoom to not found strange issues like this.

Thank you so much for helping reply!
P.S. Mod is very cool!
RastaManGames
Syberian Doom Fan

Discord: ℝ𝕒𝕀π•₯π•’π•„π•’π•Ÿπ”Ύπ•’π•žπ•–π•€#4168
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Freaklore1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:00 am

If i remember correctly Quake 3 Arena did have 3d modeled faces for the hud right ?
Freaklore1

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects