[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
curbdog

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7 (Rarlocan Main Base 50% done)

Post by curbdog »

shotfan wrote:I envy you guys whom can play this mod :)
I can play it, but it crashes shortly after entering this room

With this error:

Code: Select all

Something went wrong!
If you haven't installed any Doom IWAD files yet or if GZDoom is unable to locate them, put the files or symlinks to them in '~/.config/gzdoom' or start the game with the command 'DOOMWADDIR=/path/to/iwadfiledir gzdoom'.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

DoomKrakken wrote:Bugs to report...

While I'm playing, I keep getting error messages that say "ACS: I don't know what 'SpawnGun' is."

Also, I tried the Hunter's Moon Music Pack with Hunter's Moon itself, finally. I skipped to Maps 29 and 30, and there's still no new music for it. If it's somewhere in the Hunter's Moon file itself, then I have no idea where it is. I don't see any music replacement code for Maps 29 and 30. And I certainly see no files in either Hunter's Moon or the Music Pack that are entitled "D_SHAWN3" or "D_OPENIN".
Okay i noticed this lil bug with ACS when it tries to check for SpawnGun, this gun don't exists in the mod anymore since Version 2.5 when i removed the Versus Mode, i fixed this in the update now.

As for the music pack, i am seriously thinking in update it to replace the Quake 2 tracks with some other ones that goes more to the electronic side of Quake 3 ones, if i do that i'll try a fix for this bug that happens to you.
What is this BGM from Rarlocan level? I do not remember it from neither Q2 or Q3. Also, since I might as well ask you here: what is the Tratikon Cannon, exactly? It seems to me like an unusual directed electricty weapon. Do you have any tangible concept behind it?
On this post, if you scroll down after the CG Render and read that last sentence you will find the link to the music.

Also, Trakion Cannon is mainly inpisred by some attack i have seen in Marvel VS Capcom series like Gambit's special attack that he throws cards on floor and they explode sequencially as pillars of energy as well Onslaugh who also have an attack that he makes pillars of energy explode sequentially on his front.

Now for a explanation, that first ball Trakion Cannon fires goes underground and stay releasing pillars of electricity after a certain amount of charge due to high molecule vibration between the ground ones, it adopts kinda Flash's concept of energy creation, due to he move fast AF, he leaves trails of electricity, so the same happens to that ball that goes beyond the floor by releasing that electricity pillars.

BTW curbdog, did you try update your GZDoom? and check if your hardware matches the system requirements? but by what i see looks like you think the mod is standalone game which isn't, you need Doom 2 as an IWAD
curbdog

Post by curbdog »

Zanieon wrote: BTW curbdog, did you try update your GZDoom? and check if your hardware matches the system requirements? but by what i see looks like you think the mod is standalone game which isn't, you need Doom 2 as an IWAD
I'm using the latest GZDoom 2.1.1. I was using the Doom 1 IWAD. I switched to the Doom 2 IWAD, but the same crash happens soon after I enter that room.

Launching the game from the terminal, the crash gives this:

*** Fatal Error ***
Segmentation fault (signal 11)
Address: (nil)
Nothing to go on. It may be a Linux configuration thing regarding GZDoom.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Zanieon wrote:
What is this BGM from Rarlocan level? I do not remember it from neither Q2 or Q3. Also, since I might as well ask you here: what is the Tratikon Cannon, exactly? It seems to me like an unusual directed electricty weapon. Do you have any tangible concept behind it?
On this post, if you scroll down after the CG Render and read that last sentence you will find the link to the music.

Also, Trakion Cannon is mainly inpisred by some attack i have seen in Marvel VS Capcom series like Gambit's special attack that he throws cards on floor and they explode sequencially as pillars of energy as well Onslaugh who also have an attack that he makes pillars of energy explode sequentially on his front.

Now for a explanation, that first ball Trakion Cannon fires goes underground and stay releasing pillars of electricity after a certain amount of charge due to high molecule vibration between the ground ones, it adopts kinda Flash's concept of energy creation, due to he move fast AF, he leaves trails of electricity, so the same happens to that ball that goes beyond the floor by releasing that electricity pillars.
"Damaged Warbot", yes?

Huh, that is exotic. By the way, about the arsenal (even though it is not really my business): why not make Machine Gun use no ammo? It was always piss weak, so it would not mean much difference, and this way it would not be completely superseded by HMG. Also, our warriors are equipped by beings with ultra-advanced tech, so having a gun that fires bullets without ammo required is not that far-fetched at this point.
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7.2

Post by Zanieon »

curbdog wrote:I'm using the latest GZDoom 2.1.1. I was using the Doom 1 IWAD. I switched to the Doom 2 IWAD, but the same crash happens soon after I enter that room.

Launching the game from the terminal, the crash gives this:

*** Fatal Error ***
Segmentation fault (signal 11)
Address: (nil)
Nothing to go on. It may be a Linux configuration thing regarding GZDoom.
Now that you said you are using Linux, seems you crossed your fate with this bug too, this is not fixed mod-side in 2.7.2 yet, i did only in 2.8.

This bug was fixed engine side only in GZDoom 2.2 build, seems you have to get a compiled version of that one if you want get rid of the bug.

@shotfan
It's the same music, i just removed the intro to make a loop of it, the other one which plays in the laser corridor, is Seizure of Power which is my direct link reference to this scene.

About weapons, well since this mostly takes Quake 3 as a base for gameplay and not Doom itself let's say that this weaponry is a decision of the Vadrigar to make the warriors use, the explanation for the new weapons appear is kinda complex but in a nutshell they was there because some guys found a way to hack the Temple's weaponry to add them into the Arena Warrior's arsenal the same applies to OEDB and the Vehicles.

Despite Machine Gun being weak, i don't want it with infinite ammo, mainly because it is a Machine Gun and not a pistol and i really don't see a reason to do that once Shotgun and Rocket Launcher is almost always being refueled by zombies.
curbdog

Post by curbdog »

Zanieon wrote:Now that you said you are using Linux, seems you crossed your fate with this bug too, this is not fixed mod-side in 2.7.2 yet, i did only in 2.8.

This bug was fixed engine side only in GZDoom 2.2 build, seems you have to get a compiled version of that one if you want get rid of the bug.
Oh, okay. I've switched to using GZDoom through WINE then, and HM is working great 8-)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Another bug (I think).

I was fighting against Mehanir with the Klesk. I was using the Trakion Cannon against him, and it was very early on in the game. Then, suddenly, Mehanir falls to the ground. Dead.

Was that supposed to happen?

Also, wireframe pickups have the vanilla Doom powerup pickup sound.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Ah yes, recently A_SpawnItemEx recieved additional flags and bugfixes but i forgot to update accordingly, so i accidentaly left the code the same way which now results in set the SXF_TELEFRAG flag being set for some VFX actors, that causes bosses to die instantly to that simple stuff but i fixed it for Version 2.8.

Now the pickup sounds have a bug due to a limitation in sound channels, Keel, Klesk, Uriel, TankJr, Sorlag and Tyzen uses SoundSlot5 to play their custom footstep sound (metal or skin) along the normal footstep sound, that sound slot is also the sound slot used by the powerups to play their global pickup sound so those chars kinda prevents the powerups from being announced they was picked up, recently i've been thinking in create another footstep actor to move these custom sounds to them, pretty much like the way i did to Chaingun to make it play its sounds without interrupting the last played one and make this actor be specifically used for these characters.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

The only way I knew how to make footstep sounds was with another actor. How were you able to do it on the player itself?

Alright, so I played through those two maps three times total. MY GOSH, this is some of the awesomest stuff ever. That Trakion Cannon is now my favorite weapon (although I haven't really used the BFG 10K in this new update, as the HM maps didn't have them).
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7.2b

Post by Zanieon »

DoomKrakken wrote:The only way I knew how to make footstep sounds was with another actor. How were you able to do it on the player itself?
Calling A_PlaySound directly on them in the frames their feet touches the floor in the model animations.

Ok lil' update to Version 2.7.2b, i fixed the issue of the dungeon maps having a conflict with this version preventing GZDoom and Zandro 3.0 to load it.

This version is compatible with Zandronum 2.1.2, but not the dungeons yet, so to play them Zandronum 3.0 is still required.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Oh. Derp. XD

Random question... who is Tyzen, and where is he from?

Also, I remember you said somewhere that people would need to turn on "Item Respawn" before entering any of the boss arenas, because people would run out of resources. I didn't have that problem when fighting against Velantir or Mehanir...
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Tyzen is this dude and he is a Krall coming from Unreal Tournament 3.

The lore i developed for him goes around of him being one of the creatures that the Temple summoned to fight for the Alliance against the hell armies as one of the Eternal Arena Warriors when the Alliance themselves managed to reactivate the selection system the Vadrigars used in the time they create the Arenas for their own amusement.

When he was brought to the first-born Universe where the Temple originally exists, he was with his Titan mutator active and after the summon the Temple considered that mutator as a cheat and tried to remove from his body, but in the process some alliance technicians managed to stop the process right on the middle resulting in the proportions he have, later the alliance managed to remove his back, ankle and elbow spikes to give him the HiTech armor you see, they also managed to make him less primitive and stay more human-like, so his behavior is not hostile anymore.

As for the Item Respawn, you saw that in the first post among the giant red letters, but you are being like the 4th person saying you managed to beat the lackeys of Baerhon without it, so i removed that part from the post as an important thing to read.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Cool. :)

I hadn't kept up with all the posts here for a long time, so I had no idea...
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Bump, updated OP with fixed links for Equinox Patch since Best Ever is now dead, and added the link for Zones of Fear patch as well.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Kick ass! I absolutely love this mod. And now you made it compatible with 2 pretty awesome maps?! I cant wait to give this a go. Thanks man!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”