Page 11 of 15

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:38 am
by TheUnbeholden
Well I'm using latest version of gzdoom and ACM so we'll have to forget about your fix for now.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:40 am
by Ed the Bat
TheUnbeholden wrote:Well I'm using latest version of gzdoom and ACM so we'll have to forget about your fix for now.

My fix was to add a single tic to the duration of the actor. And why on earth do people keep saying "the latest version" instead of the actual number?

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:45 am
by TheUnbeholden
Ed the Bat wrote:My fix was to add a single tic to the duration of the actor. And why on earth do people keep saying "the latest version" instead of the actual number?


alienstuff.wad:Decorate
line 608 to 617
unknown class name 'lightaround'
unknown class name 'lightpuff'.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:49 am
by Ed the Bat
I don't know what that's supposed to mean. All you need to do is change the tic durations of the light actors from 1 to 2.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 am
by TheUnbeholden
ah you god damn moron. (Hey now. -mgmt)

your supposed to put

Code: Select allExpand view
ACTOR LightPuff : BulletPuff

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:55 am
by Ed the Bat
No, you're not. Also, don't call me names.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 am
by TheUnbeholden
All right sorry, but you say its our fault for not using the latest gzdoom, when in fact your not using it yourself.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 am
by Ed the Bat
TheUnbeholden wrote:All right sorry, but you say its our fault for not using the latest gzdoom, when in fact your not using it yourself.

No, I said not being able to use NODELAY was an indication of an outdated version, as that feature was added months ago. And as I am using gzdoom-G1.9pre-327-gb91d5d5, I most certainly am using the latest version.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:29 am
by Captain J
TheUnbeholden wrote:ah you god damn moron.
that was pretty wrong, i suppose. but least you said sorry. :?

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:56 am
by Deimos Anomaly
I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Next step is a new and better weapons pack, based on the stuff seen in "Aliens Online".
Suggestions?

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:41 pm
by Yutrzenika
Is that the new version in the download link? Because it says it was uploaded in 2012.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:14 pm
by Valherran
Deimos Anomaly wrote:I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Next step is a new and better weapons pack, based on the stuff seen in "Aliens Online".
Suggestions?


Hmmm... I think they should stay out of the game, it would be weird seeing them there.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:33 am
by Deimos Anomaly
Yutrzenika wrote:Is that the new version in the download link? Because it says it was uploaded in 2012.


Not yet! The download link is for the 2012 version.

Valherran wrote:
Deimos Anomaly wrote:I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Next step is a new and better weapons pack, based on the stuff seen in "Aliens Online".
Suggestions?


Hmmm... I think they should stay out of the game, it would be weird seeing them there.


In one hand i really like how it is now, however add those characters on a pair of encounters to add some sort of history background ain't a bad idea at all!

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:24 am
by Naitguolf
Great, im expecting the new version!!! :)

Will the story be after Aliens 2 events or just a reteling? If its an after events, maybe some records could be found, more than the marines (Or maybe you can find Hudson, helping him after beign grabbed for example)

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:53 am
by LostSkull
I love this!