Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - FINISHED

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby TheUnbeholden » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:38 am

Well I'm using latest version of gzdoom and ACM so we'll have to forget about your fix for now.
Last edited by TheUnbeholden on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
TheUnbeholden
 
Joined: 22 Jan 2011

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Ed the Bat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:40 am

TheUnbeholden wrote:Well I'm using latest version of gzdoom and ACM so we'll have to forget about your fix for now.

My fix was to add a single tic to the duration of the actor. And why on earth do people keep saying "the latest version" instead of the actual number?
User avatar
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.
 
Joined: 03 May 2012
Location: Maryland, US

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby TheUnbeholden » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:45 am

Ed the Bat wrote:My fix was to add a single tic to the duration of the actor. And why on earth do people keep saying "the latest version" instead of the actual number?


alienstuff.wad:Decorate
line 608 to 617
unknown class name 'lightaround'
unknown class name 'lightpuff'.
User avatar
TheUnbeholden
 
Joined: 22 Jan 2011

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Ed the Bat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:49 am

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. All you need to do is change the tic durations of the light actors from 1 to 2.
User avatar
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.
 
Joined: 03 May 2012
Location: Maryland, US

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby TheUnbeholden » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 am

ah you god damn moron. (Hey now. -mgmt)

your supposed to put

Code: Select allExpand view
ACTOR LightPuff : BulletPuff
User avatar
TheUnbeholden
 
Joined: 22 Jan 2011

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Ed the Bat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:55 am

No, you're not. Also, don't call me names.
User avatar
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.
 
Joined: 03 May 2012
Location: Maryland, US

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby TheUnbeholden » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 am

All right sorry, but you say its our fault for not using the latest gzdoom, when in fact your not using it yourself.
User avatar
TheUnbeholden
 
Joined: 22 Jan 2011

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Ed the Bat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 am

TheUnbeholden wrote:All right sorry, but you say its our fault for not using the latest gzdoom, when in fact your not using it yourself.

No, I said not being able to use NODELAY was an indication of an outdated version, as that feature was added months ago. And as I am using gzdoom-G1.9pre-327-gb91d5d5, I most certainly am using the latest version.
User avatar
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.
 
Joined: 03 May 2012
Location: Maryland, US

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Captain J » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:29 am

TheUnbeholden wrote:ah you god damn moron.
that was pretty wrong, i suppose. but least you said sorry. :?
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Deimos Anomaly » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:56 am

I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Next step is a new and better weapons pack, based on the stuff seen in "Aliens Online".
Suggestions?
User avatar
Deimos Anomaly
 
Joined: 27 May 2010
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Yutrzenika » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Is that the new version in the download link? Because it says it was uploaded in 2012.
User avatar
Yutrzenika
 
Joined: 16 Aug 2013

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Valherran » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Deimos Anomaly wrote:I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Next step is a new and better weapons pack, based on the stuff seen in "Aliens Online".
Suggestions?


Hmmm... I think they should stay out of the game, it would be weird seeing them there.
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Deimos Anomaly » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:33 am

Yutrzenika wrote:Is that the new version in the download link? Because it says it was uploaded in 2012.


Not yet! The download link is for the 2012 version.

Valherran wrote:
Deimos Anomaly wrote:I just finished all the new updates, upgrades, fixes and new areas on all levels of the (for now) first and only chapter. Now I just wondering if add the characters of Aliens (the marine teammates, Ripley, Newt...), for a pair of brief encounters with them or just leave it how is it.
Next step is a new and better weapons pack, based on the stuff seen in "Aliens Online".
Suggestions?


Hmmm... I think they should stay out of the game, it would be weird seeing them there.


In one hand i really like how it is now, however add those characters on a pair of encounters to add some sort of history background ain't a bad idea at all!
User avatar
Deimos Anomaly
 
Joined: 27 May 2010
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby Naitguolf » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:24 am

Great, im expecting the new version!!! :)

Will the story be after Aliens 2 events or just a reteling? If its an after events, maybe some records could be found, more than the marines (Or maybe you can find Hudson, helping him after beign grabbed for example)
Naitguolf
Megadriver Custom
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Location: London

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - Important question! (last

Postby LostSkull » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:53 am

I love this!
User avatar
LostSkull
Banned User
 
Joined: 26 Sep 2013

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotBot, Google Feedfetcher and 8 guests