Aliens: Colonial Marines TC - FINISHED

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Evilfish6666

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines TC. 2012 Release, extras!

Post by Evilfish6666 »

First thing FUCK GEARBOX!!!! That being said that travesty did eventually lead me here sooo meh!
Anyways this TC is the best aliens game ive played in a very long time, not since AVP 2 have i played a game that actually gets the atmosphere right. I salute you sir for making aliens scary again
some of the places you hid them buggers in was beyond sneaky lol
This TC gave me everything i wanted out of an aliens game unlike that latest peice of shit, and i didnt pay a penny.
Still the question remains.... should "mods" build on the doom engine by fans be scarier and far more enjoyable than retail games?
Probably not. Sad sad days we live in.
In my mind theres only one Aliens CM and its yours, not Randys!!!
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

Posting, Just to rage?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Trooper 077 wrote:Posting, Just to rage?
1: he's not really raging.
2: I don't see the point in calling him on it, as it's not like he's hurting anything with his post.
Evilfish6666

Post by Evilfish6666 »

Nah not raging just letting the dude know his game rocks!
Its just nice to show appreciation to people for their hard work, especially when its of better quality than a certain game of the same name just released by gearbox. lol
Nemesis6

Post by Nemesis6 »

Indeed, this mod is indeed very, very good!
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

Hope new maps done, and fix some issues. I wonder if someone could made better hud weapons....
Potnop

Post by Potnop »

This is what the Aliens Colonial Marines game should have been. This is friggin amazing, and is truly survival horror. Map 1 was so tough, trying to find ammo and all that...
Nemesis6

Post by Nemesis6 »

I'd love to see more maps for this, or an adaption of existing maps for multiplayer.
Potnop

Post by Potnop »

Yeah more maps would be nice, maybe for the predator stuff as well. The maps were so well done and I want more heh... I guess quality over quantity really is the name of this mod, but the maps really take a while to beat since so they are very large and can be a challenge so you must go through very carefully.

One thing I was thinking about is how the Aliens are so tough. Would it be possible to make them faster but weaker and in more numbers? One of the fun things about the original AvP game was how satisfying it was to pop aliens with the guns, but it was still really hard because those things would tear you to pieces.

Also it'd be nice to have the reload weapon keys work rather than it automatically reloading. And the flash light didn't seem to work for me. And maybe get some better gun animations since the current ones are a bit choppy. I myself made Doom weapon reloading animations, and it was actually pretty easy to get good reloading frames by making most of the frames just take one sprite and rotate it.
Spoiler:
And the player speed might be a bit fast given how this isn't DooM but something that may be trying to feel a bit more realisticish? Reduced player speed combined with more agressive but weaker aliens might make tweak this in the right direction.

I wonder if there's a way to make the smart gun actually track enemies some how... Hmmm....
DrDoctor

Post by DrDoctor »

Potnop wrote: And the flash light didn't seem to work for me.
Run the mod in gzdoom 1-5-06 and the flashlight should work just fine
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

My Colonial Marines TC better than the Gearbox game? Sorry, but i can't belive this :lol:
But thanks, this means alot to me!

And now the good news about my ACM game:
-New decoration stuff added on all the levels
-New areas and secrets on E1M1 and E1M2 maps
-Extended and upgraded hive on E1M3 level, now is more larger, more organic and more realistic!
-Two new levels (but not finished yet) for a new chapter with PREDATORS!

Greg Resch, aka "The Enigma" on ZDoom/Zandronum is working on a conversation for Zandronum, with multiplayer compatibility. Also he added the mounted shoulder lamp which replaces the flashlight and some other stuff like fixed the facehugger death so that it appears on your screen, acid released when an alien is killed that hurts the player (like in the old ACM demo)... I don't checked this yet, but sounds amazing!

Some new possible stuff:
-Inspired by AvP2 game, I'm considering the posibility to add some scripted Aliens characters (Ripley, Bishop, Hudson etc etc) on the levels, just on a few moments to bring more background history to the game. But only as this, you still be alone fighting xenos!
-Posibility to add the "USS Sulaco" as a previous mission briefing level before start with the E1M1 map. Just a level for take some gear, armament and ammo, and more background history. If you take some stuff from the armory and get some supplies, alot of goodies from the next level disappears, to keep the game harder!
-I'm looking to change the Alien Trilogy weapons for the Aliens Online ones, someone can work on a manual reload system?

Opinions? Cheers!
Evilfish6666

Post by Evilfish6666 »

Do belive this. Not just because that game's bad, but because yours was clearly made with love for the aliens franchise and theirs cleary was not. lol
And its inspired me to start my own aliens-ish type game.
Looking forward to the new stuff when it comes and i have a suggestion, Is it possible to make the aliens gain wound's without dying? (like losing limbs and such like in the old AVP 2000 game)
Could look quite cool?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

This is already much better of a game than AVP 2010. God I wish i could go back in time to uncreate that horrid piece of crap.
Nemesis6

Post by Nemesis6 »

Deimos Anomaly wrote: Some new possible stuff:
-Inspired by AvP2 game, I'm considering the posibility to add some scripted Aliens characters (Ripley, Bishop, Hudson etc etc) on the levels, just on a few moments to bring more background history to the game. But only as this, you still be alone fighting xenos!
-Posibility to add the "USS Sulaco" as a previous mission briefing level before start with the E1M1 map. Just a level for take some gear, armament and ammo, and more background history. If you take some stuff from the armory and get some supplies, alot of goodies from the next level disappears, to keep the game harder!
-I'm looking to change the Alien Trilogy weapons for the Aliens Online ones, someone can work on a manual reload system?

Opinions? Cheers!
About changing the Alien Trilogy weapons, I don't think that's a good idea -- They fit very well in my opinion. If you do decide to swap them with the Aliens Online ones, do remember to somehow add hands; The pulse rifle looks like it's held with one hand.
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

Well, to me the weapons from Trilogy are totaly out of place. I really dislike them. Weapons from AvP from Jaguar seems to be better inmo.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”